What do you hate about USyd (1 Viewer)

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Rafy said:
We have a shit library. Unfortunately it is heritage listed.
I like the look of Fisher. It's like, the centre of learning at the university and the fact that it's a mother fucking heffa of a building makes it look the part. A monolith of education or something. In any case, better than having a library in a basement with not enough chairs.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Oh i like the stack, i just think the undergrad library could be better. At least refurbished or something

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Rafy said:
Oh i like the stack, i just think the undergrad library could be better. At least refurbished or something
they've been talking about refurbishing the undergrad wing for a while (more space for group work, more computers, more desks, maybe even a visual update) but nothing seems to have come of it yet.

hopefully when/if they demolish and rebuild merewether they'll include a dedicated economics and business library, so the commerce students can go there instead of taking up all the space in the fisher group study rooms.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Rafy said:
Then I agree. :)

They need to take advantage of the lobby a bit more. That thing is wasted. Get rid of that office mcjiggo on the 4th floor above the lobby and put some desks there. The views would be splendid!

Actually, they need to take advantage of the views of Sydney a bit more too. Turn the desks on level 4 (facing Victoria Park) around so they face towards Sydney and move the reserve some place else so they can use that area for seating too. Studying overlooking Victoria Park is always pleasant.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
-asians
-asians
-not racist
-asians internetal students fuck u

candisnap

HSC
N/A
theshortykatt said:
my open day lectures were in here.. killed my back and ass.
you guys must have to bring pillows =s
yes! i totally agree, haha it was so painful. How do you guys sit through lectures?!

Lori.

HSC
- how theres seperate systems for paying for your printing at fisher vs. all the other libraries.

- That really horrid smell when you first walk into Badham.

- The never-ending construction work on the outside of McLaurin Hall. That scaffolding has been up since my school used to take us to usyd for sport when I was in year 9!

-The Biochem building. Not only is it an eyesore, the junior labs are actually quite badly designed.

- Pretty much everything about Carslaw.

- The lack of a coffee cart at Fisher.

doink

Clone
HSC
The comm/law/arts/non science non engineering people who think SciTech is "cool" so they come and take all our computers and booths, go back to fisher YOU SCUM

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
doink said:
The comm/law/arts/non science non engineering people who think SciTech is "cool" so they come and take all our computers and booths, go back to fisher YOU SCUM
I agree. And many of them are the commerce international students:mad:

wagga

HSC
I hate all the stupid commie tools outside the library always trying to get you to sign their petition for gay marriage or to pull the troops out of Afghanistan or some shit.

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
the construction between city road and eastern ave/carslaw. It's been going on forever and when you're on the footbridge and see a bus coming you know you're going to miss it.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
goony said:
the construction between city road and eastern ave/carslaw. It's been going on forever and when you're on the footbridge and see a bus coming you know you're going to miss it.
too right. that area has been fenced off almost all year and there's been no progress at all, while maze green has been completely finished during the same period.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Prolly still working out how to transport heritage listed gates.

Unless they've done it already.

I've been paying no attention.

HSC
-Annette Falahay

-Uncomfortable Carslaw Lecture Theatres

-Lack of Food Selling Places near Fisher and the Quadrangle

amber44

HSC
Silver Persian said:
-Annette Falahay
HAHA SO true, although she now knows me by name and said hi, as I was leaving the lecture! ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)