What is it... Like, Final Fantasy 8758973875832957?! (1 Viewer)

iNegro

HSC
the fantasy never ends.

ive never really liked the FF series, ive seen gameplay videos and it just doesnt appeal to me.
Yeah, those gameplay videos really bring across the whole game.

Preordered FFXIII and Collector's Edition guide.

I want it.

Badly.

Due to my disappointment with how my overall opinion of FFXII was shit.
I don't get all this FFXII hate, it was an amazing game. FFX-2 on the otherhand..

none. they are all shit. fuckin faggot kids with magic and stupid weapons.
Nice contribution there, Sokolov.

I think we can all agree that Dissidia was a waste of time >.<
Agreed.

My favourites so far have been; 8, 6 , 12 and I enjoyed 7 aswell.

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
I think we can all agree that Dissidia was a waste of time >.<
I liked it. The battle mechanics prevented the game from being played competitively against others but the level of depth and also numerous plot lines made up for this.

I don't get all this FFXII hate, it was an amazing game. FFX-2 on the otherhand..
No it wasn't an amazing game. It was ok. Decent at times. But after finishing it, I was left with a feeling of emptiness in regards to the shit plot line and how little I cared for the group. I'm a fan of the Balthier/Fran duo though. All the other characters were forgettable.

I personally thought FFX-2 was better.

Nice contribution there, Sokolov.
He's a COD man.

Rage_Quitter

HSC
Aiyah. I can't finish FFVIII. Why is it so hard?

My brother and I spent months trying to complete the game, and my cousins finished it in like 3 weeks, with all Level 99s on each character. Geez, it's SOO hard. Especially the last boss, Griever I think it was?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad

My brother and I spent months trying to complete the game, and my cousins finished it in like 3 weeks, with all Level 99s on each character. Geez, it's SOO hard. Especially the last boss, Griever I think it was?
ultimaceia?

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC

Luckily, you didn't fight Omega Weapon.

On top of that, level cap was 100.

SabbytheMuso

The Geek in the Purple
HSC
Oh I am liking this thread, mainly due to the FFVIII love. It is also my favourite. And I don't remember it being particularly challenging?

Yeah XII had some really good dialogue but I just couldn't stand Vaan and the plot was mediocre. Dissidia was a good little time filler mainly cos I was like, naw, characters whom I love. Mainly just the fanservice aspect.

And I loved Crisis Core. So much. It was just really more for the plot than the gameplay.

Anyway, why am I even on here? Oh yeah. I got kicked off the TV and was forced to stop playing XIII, which so far I am enjoying (after the crappy start due to the lame battle system before the actual plot starts).

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
Oh I am liking this thread, mainly due to the FFVIII love. It is also my favourite. And I don't remember it being particularly challenging?

Yeah XII had some really good dialogue but I just couldn't stand Vaan and the plot was mediocre. Dissidia was a good little time filler mainly cos I was like, naw, characters whom I love. Mainly just the fanservice aspect.

And I loved Crisis Core. So much. It was just really more for the plot than the gameplay.

Anyway, why am I even on here? Oh yeah. I got kicked off the TV and was forced to stop playing XIII, which so far I am enjoying (after the crappy start due to the lame battle system before the actual plot starts).
For fuck sake, I will never preorder from GAME online again. Hate fucking waiting for my stupid copy to arrive. In the meanwhile, I'll be playing Heavy Rain.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Haha I'm waiting until the weekend to find some time to play FF13. At least my preordered copy is happily reserved at my local JB Hifi.

ps. I also appreciate the FF8 love :) My favourite FF (and also my first). I liked having characters I could relate to (i.e. humans) and the FMV's were very rewarding.

VicerExciser

HSC
anyone got theirs yet? mine just shipped out from china (lol) so i won't be getting it for at least a week, but whatever bro i saved like $40+

Kairi_Keyblade

HSC
Gaaah.
I dunno why, I just never liked Dissidia... the storyline didn't do much for me... if you could even call it a storyline.
The only part I liked about it was playing as Sephiroth.
That's how sad it is XD

Rage_Quitter

HSC
Gaaah.
I dunno why, I just never liked Dissidia... the storyline didn't do much for me... if you could even call it a storyline.
The only part I liked about it was playing as Sephiroth.
That's how sad it is XD
I think he was a bit OverPowered. Don't ask me why. It's just a personal feel.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
I gots FF13 - I bought the normal edition @ JBhifi, and they gave me the 3 art thingies. pretty cool =D

by the way, don't get discerned by the start - battles become a lot better after you unlock the paradigm shifts. i'm still "OMG-ing" about the cutscenes though =/
SOOOO BEAUTIFUL!!

My first FF was VII, but I still do prefer IX. don't know why though. I didn't like FFVIII that much, but i'll give it another shot after i finish XIII & IX.

On another note - i can't wait till FFXIII Versus :D

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
XIII is still wowing me over with graphics. Heck even the opening cinematics and so on really put you in the mood compared to other FF's (e.g. FF10).

SabbytheMuso

The Geek in the Purple
HSC
Yeah pretty much gotta admit like, the start of FFXIII was lame. And then you get the proper battle system and you cream. Well, I did at least...

Still haven't finished it though cos I've been so busy with stuff!!!

EDIT: And I did like FFVII. It's just overrated. But I have to say, Advent Children improved it so much for me. Then Crisis Core. So the legacy is awesome but I didn't think the original was like... as good as everyone made it out to be.

Last edited:

youngmin

HSC

Everything is scaled to your level. FFVIII was my first FF too, heh.

I beat the game with a level 37 (highest) Squall and a level 18 (lowest) Selphie. That was without a memory card. I had a Lionheart at the first disc though, using the card game thing. I had to restart all over around 3 times though, there was one boss where I kept losing and I had to start all over again. I think it was Adel, that stupid bitch kept killing Rinoa (who was also low level). Yay for getting to the third disc and then restarting!

Oh, for most end game bosses I just kept spamming aura, haste (and I think I used hero, not too sure) on Rinoa and praying for invincible moon. It was awesome. Only had limit breaks, magic and items available on the Ultimacia/Griever fight.

I'm so frustrated that I don't have a PS3/Xbox360, I'm dying to play FFXIII :(
Might get myself a console just for the game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)