what is your 1st car and how much did it cost (1 Viewer)

rweather

HSC
Hey guys, my first car is still my first car which i inherited from my grandma, its a 1975 holden torana s 3300. Automatic, the best thing of all is that its only done 100,000kms, Its in great nick! Its valued at $2500, so it would probaly cost about that, has a fair bit of power for a old car, i'm happy with it.

Cheers, Rob

7th Sign

HSC
Mazda mx6 gen 2 with a few mods and some 18s purchased it for 7k cash paid for it my self, then sold it like 8 months later for 8.5k to some chic, Then purchased a honda prelude stock as for 7.5k

pottsy44

HSC
Richie Rich said:
Imported 89' R32 GTR. Cost 14K. That's what you get for two years part time work at woolworths. Third party insurance is a bitch though for an 18yr old.
nice car, but i really dont like the old skylines, has to be a late 90's to early 00's model i reckon.

phatic

HSC
My first car was a little Civic, but after about 6 months I sold it and bought a red '82 Series 2 RX-7 for $4400. Was in great condition - the previous owner was an old lady, who'd been driving it for 12 years. I couldn't believe it. It had front and rear spoilers too, a re-co'ed motor, sunroof...

Valeu

HSC
Richie Rich said:
Imported 89' R32 GTR. Cost 14K. That's what you get for two years part time work at woolworths. Third party insurance is a bitch though for an 18yr old.
Wow. that's a pretty insane first car. I'd be shit scared of the engine blowing or something, and of servicing costs in general. I bet you'd be f***en proud though, an R32 GTR as your first car!!! Props to you, especially for working your arse off for it.

I also worked for years to save for my first car: a 94 Celica. It was a hairdresser's car, so I sold it after a year and now live happily with a 20V 4AGE corolla.

Last edited:

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
2004 Toyota Corolla TTR (now the Ascent Sport these days)...parents bought it and I ended up with it in 05. Set them back $22k or so.
Auto, coz it was spose to be Mum's.

Solid little car but I've ruined it I think, it doesn't drive well, need to get wheel balancing done and possibly new tyres. How often are u spose to get these things done?

Jiga

^

You change it when it has to be done....

A vibrating steering wheel at speed = Balance is out (Unless its when your braking, then its warped brake rotors)

New tyres = When there isnt enough tread, which you will know when your car gets massive understeer in wet conditions at speeds that it didnt beforehand!

If you need or are near getting new tyres, you dont need the old ones balanced obviously as they will balance the new ones, but maybe get a alignment if your steering wheel has to be turned to go straight etc :wave:

bizadfar

HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
New tyres = When there isnt enough tread, which you will know when your car gets massive understeer in wet conditions at speeds that it didnt beforehand!
Don't beleive that m8, maybe for your car or car type/style.
Like many things, depends on the driver and the car.

Also its less responsive, on long moderate speed smooth straights. You feel the new tyres "stick" better.

neoxman

HSC
Got the old family 93 VP Commodore Stationwagon Vacationer, would of preferred a manual ford capri but oh well such is life.

jazzmuzik

HSC
i just got my car last week!!! :) i'm in love...

its a 1977 mustard yellow mercedes "auto"~ i know i know i feel like a cheat :(

We bought it off friends for $2000, and its got 355 000km on it! new engine though so alls good.
i need to get the air con fixed but other than that its in pretty good nick.

Its the "Panang taxi"

oh yeah and it runs on diesal and sounds like a tractor :)

Last edited:

kelbzzz

HSC
i got a 2000 civic coupe vtir manual last year. Its for sale if anyone is interested in buying a great car ! Check carsales under civic coupe in nsw. Its silver and posted for 17,950.

cl3nta

HSC
ford fairmont '93
done 173000kms. Engine is mint. haggled $4990 to $2500 :D and got in a free head gasket repair! Also have discounted services. Now I'm working to get some sound...

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
jazzmuzik said:
i just got my car last week!!! :) i'm in love...

its a 1977 mustard yellow mercedes "auto"~ i know i know i feel like a cheat :(

We bought it off friends for $2000, and its got 355 000km on it! new engine though so alls good.
i need to get the air con fixed but other than that its in pretty good nick.

Its the "Panang taxi"

oh yeah and it runs on diesal and sounds like a tractor :)
Nice car. I always loved the old mercs.

I was thinking in a couple of year's time to get a 1989-1992 Merc E-class or S-class.

Jiga

done 173000kms. Engine is mint. haggled $4990 to $2500 and got in a free head gasket repair
Lost risky getting a car with a head gasket issue, Im sure in your case its ok but in others the cause of the head gasket going in the first instance can be an expensive repair in itself, and its not uncommon for them to go again as a result.

Last edited by a moderator:

Valeu

HSC
ST202 94 Celica manual. Good looking car, boring to drive though. Now have 20-valve 'rolla woot!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)