What maths textbook are you using? (1 Viewer)

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
man we use the crappest text book in history...coroneos...its huge, thick and boring. the questions in it are NOTHING like what you would get in the hsc....and its just bad..i also use fitzpatrick for personal study use and lots of success one..that's pretty good

morphmandude

re

We use Fitzpatrick at my school and apparently some of the questions in it are a lot more complicated than the ones we will face in the HSC exams.

Cityboy

HSC
We use Fitzpatrick for two and three unit and use coroneus for extra material

timmay05

HSC
We use Fitz for 2 and 3

I also got copies of Jones and Couchman from the school for 2 and 3

(Because Fitz is far too above me:p)

zeek

HSC
Maths in Focus is a bitch to work from.

The examples are simple, and they don't cover everything that is included in the excercise.

On the other hand, it does include all of the proofs and is very useful for revising formulae/methods.

I am currently using Couchman for extra questions because my maths teacher says that it is harder than Maths in Focus.

What's fitzpatrick like compared to couchman?

chin music

HSC
N/A
I use cambridge 3 unit. I never realised so little schools use it. Some of the questions are hell hard but its good all in all.

motlai

HSC
Our school uses Cambridge for all maths. The qs in the back of the 3u book are so hard coz they're meant for the 4u ppl.

Ghost1788

HSC
i use a few

s.b.jones and k.e.couchman 3Unit books 1 and 2
Excel revise in a month 2u and 3u
Excel Fast track Step by Step Study guide (ext1)
Excel Fast Track Exam Tips...
Rowland-Jones HSC MAths Practice Questions by Topic 2u
Rowland-Jones HSC MAths Practice Questions by Topic 3u

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
I use Cambridge for 3unit and 4unit.

nice nice book... but some exercises are pretty hard... especially the 4unit booK!

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
kadlil said:
Fitz - 3u
Cambridge - 4u (hate it) Terry Lee's one is better
Why is Cambrige so bad - do you think I should buy Terry Lee? Just asked a question In MX2 frum from 2.2 - it's annoyingly hard :D

Riviet

HSC
N/A
cambridge for 3u, terry lee for 4u; it's pretty good in my opinion, it has worked solutions which is its major advantage, you should still get it to supplement the cambridge 4u book.

P

pLuvia

YBK said:
Why is Cambrige so bad - do you think I should buy Terry Lee? Just asked a question In MX2 frum from 2.2 - it's annoyingly hard :D
I answered it for you, hope you understand :)

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
jones and couchman absolutely sucks! It is so basic and doessnt give any good questions to reach for a band 6! I end up using that book solely for class work and assigned hmwk and I supplement it with Excel, Cambridge and Coroneous.

I Love excel because of all the full worked examples, I find Cambridge a bit everywhere and I'm not used to however its organised and I like Coroneous when I have a lot of time to do hard realistic questions....I hate jones and couchman...but im attatched to it because theres no need to check the answers coz its so dam easy:(!

The book u should use really depends on how good you are at maths. e.g my school uses jones and couchman because heaps of dummies want to try to do 2 unit and 3 unit as opposed to general which better suits them. Anyway...I'll shut up now and let you guys make ur own choice.

Last edited:

Loz_metalhead

HSC
I use couchman and jones...

I have an excel book and past papers. I'm also going to buy fitzpatrick.

Why would teachers want to use jones and couchman..? I really dont think it is hard enough for the 2U course...

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Maths focus is one of the easiest textbooks out there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)