What subjects are you doing for 2014? (1 Viewer)

gfav

HSC
I am still deciding to be honest but:
English Advanced
Extension 1 Maths
SOR2 (catholic school)
Biology/Chemistry
Business/Economic/Legal
Textiles

Really not sure what i want to do in university. I have loved the idea of medicine but i think it is to hard to get into, if not a bachelor of commerce and major in marketing and advertising.
I hope to get an atar of 95+

So undecided.

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
Our school isn't choosing subjects until term 3. Other than that I think I'll be doing:

1. English Advanced
2. Mathematics (2 unit)
3. Chemistry
4. Biology
5. Modern History
6. Economics
7. Ex1 Maths

Aiming to get a ATAR of 90+ (happy with 85+), hope to study Bachelor of Psychology at Macquarie Uni.

Last edited:

R4diance

HSC
Just wondering everyone, but is Biology and Physics a good combination/compatible?
I just wanted to learn over a broad network of subjects, to get a general understanding of all of the subjects?
What subjects would i be suggested to choose in this case?
Phy/Bio is quite uncommon.
It would be good if you wanted to learn a variety of the sciences, rather than sort of have Chemistry in the middle :p
I'd say go for it if you want to :)

Last edited:

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
Phy/Bio is quite uncommon.
It would be good if you wanted to learn a variety of the sciences, rather than sort of have Chemistry in the middle :p
Sorry to chime in, but is Chemistry and Biology a good combination? Cause that's what I'm choosing for my subjects.

R4diance

HSC
Sorry to chime in, but is Chemistry and Biology a good combination? Cause that's what I'm choosing for my subjects.
Definitely :p I guess it doesn't matter what combination you have, as long as you enjoy them :)
I'm personally doing Phys/Chem, only leaving Biology purely because I don't like the content, and definitely will not enjoy studying for it.

Last edited:

mylifesmelody

HSC
N/A
I'm doing
English Advanced
English Extension 1
Maths Advanced
Maths Extension 1
Physics
Chemistry
Economics
Japanese Continuers

I know it's 14 units, but I plan on dropping to 12 next year.

I want to go to UNSW!
Atar Aim: 98.7+ (not that I'm going to get that though.......)

jellical_cats

HSC
I wish our school let us do 14 units. Today the teachers talked to the year 10s (again) about how we have to be sure about what subjects we want to do. Now, I don't know what I want to do anymore. I've picked 10 units but I need 2 more. SoR, or Bio?

Also, question: English standard or advanced? I was going to do advanced but at the talk today the teachers said the majority of us should be choosing standard because advanced is really hard. Basically, what they said was: PICK STANDARD OR DIE.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Well, the only difference between between Standard/Advanced English are the texts studied.Start of with Advanced, and you can always drop into the Standard English course later on.
Advanced English scales slightly better , and more people get band 5/6 then do in the other course. Wouldn't say Advanced is hard,pretty much like Standard except for the fact it has Shakespeare and different texts

spidercrab

HSC
You have a better chance of getting a band 6, if you do esl; rather than english standard...

R4diance

HSC
I wish our school let us do 14 units. Today the teachers talked to the year 10s (again) about how we have to be sure about what subjects we want to do. Now, I don't know what I want to do anymore. I've picked 10 units but I need 2 more. SoR, or Bio?

Also, question: English standard or advanced? I was going to do advanced but at the talk today the teachers said the majority of us should be choosing standard because advanced is really hard. Basically, what they said was: PICK STANDARD OR DIE.
Pick Standard or die? I'd say pick Standard AND die. lol

drainbammage

HSC
Advanced English
Advanced Maths
Extension 1 Maths
Physics
Legal
Economics
Business Studies
SLR (1 year course)

Aim: 96+ ATAR and Bachelor of law with a bachelor of commerce at Macquarie Uni

Ununoctium

Che barba
HSC
Is anyone here doing PDHPE out of curiosity? It's normally a popular course, but I don't know of anyone on BOS doing it (yet!).

R4diance

HSC
Is anyone here doing PDHPE out of curiosity? It's normally a popular course, but I don't know of anyone on BOS doing it (yet!).
Have considered it, but realized that it would be better for me to take Chemistry..
Nice to see everyone choosing a wide variety of subjects here :)

Ununoctium

Che barba
HSC
Have considered it, but realized that it would be better for me to take Chemistry..
Nice to see everyone choosing a wide variety of subjects here :)
Will you be taking on MEX2 in Year 12 :)? Will you drop anything?

Johnbou1

HSC
I'm currently in year 11 and my subjects include; PDH, studies of religion 2, english, legal studies, food tech, general maths
I'm just curious to know if I can achieve an atar of 90+ with these subjects..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)