what was your current ratio (1 Viewer)

Timesplitter 01

Lord Timesplitter
HSC
1:1 is correct

Intangablies are assets , but they are non current. I should know , I did accounting at Tafe in year 11 and this year :p

Oh by the way cro angel , you want it to be either 2:1 or more ( eg 3:1) because then you have a lot more Current Assets than Current Liablities.

If you look in the excel book , the general rule of thumb is 2:1 , but its better for the business to have more.

I think you are getting your self confused with the solvency ratio.

Superbird is right in one sense that even though it is good to have a 1:1 ratio , its to low and therefore high risk. But its better than having a ratio of 0.8: 1.

You would really have to increase cashflow and decrease the current liablities ( and that was one of the parts you to do in that question , where you had to analyse

Last edited:

Terra_Niux

l337 h4x0r
HSC
N/A
Non Current assets such as goodwill cannot be converted into cash within a short time period thus not making it current, and the question was for current ratio

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
Timesplitter 01 said:
Oh by the way cro angel , you want it to be either 2:1 or more ( eg 3:1) because then you have a lot more Current Assets than Current Liablities.
If you look in the excel book , the general rule of thumb is 2:1 , but its better for the business to have more.

I think you are getting your self confused with the solvency ratio.
but i said it was below the acceptable standard.. 1:1 and 1.73:1 are both below 2:1
the solvency acceptable ratio is 1:1 and if i got confused i would have said it was above the standard which is good.. but its liquidity was bad because it was below

Shifty

Bulldogs 04' Premiers
HSC
layzeee student said:
u nub do you even know what goodwill is?
it's not even physical and it cant even be converted into cash .. let alone be a current asset
Your goodwill can be sold when selling your business......ie for cash......not for cookies:p

Stilla

NNGHHH
HSC
Sparlk3z,
We added up the current assets, added up the current liabilities, then divided the former by the latter.

BlindGuardian

That was so simple...its 1:1
and no goodwill is definately not a bloody current asset
The only times it is on a balance sheet is under non-current assets

A2RAYA

You've done us proud boys
HSC
Acid said:
I've seen goodwill as a Current Asset on a balance sheet before...
nah man..good will's an intangible thingy therefore doesnt appear under either current or noncurrent assets...i think....i got 1:1. i was surprised because i was expecting more ratio stuff

Shifty said:
Your goodwill can be sold when selling your business......ie for cash......not for cookies:p
yes but my point is say for example, you are in debt. you cannot sell your goodwill as an individual entity to pay off that debt

BlindGuardian

killcoons eat a dick u no-hoping bastard....ur gonna be stuck drinking ur damn bear the rest of ur life in front of a $50 t.v. wearing clothes from st. vinnies and bludging off the government

Ryan_Kill

everybody...goodwill is an NCA. It does not contribute to the current ratio. I did accounting for my hsc and it always come under NCA so i hope that is right :S i had 1:1

mayhemily

HSC
Wow I am sooooo glad I got that right... I dont even bloody do maths, so the whole financial section is going to be quite bad. But hey, I picked up at least one mark for that lol

SYNeR

yaaaay..
I put 1:1 , and after talking to my teacher & a couple of other people after the exam, thought I had screwed it up, and hence screwed up the interpret part of the question.. So from people posts I'm hoping 1:1 is right hehe ;)

Muzzy

1:1

I had 1:1 intangible never go under the current assets comlumn.......

robaspike

i had 1:1
it was fucked...had heaps of formulas to learn n shit n then there was only one to work out n it was the easiest one out of them all...waste of time studying them

myg0t

myg0t
HSC
yer i had goodwill in CA, but im pretty sure its 1:1...

BillyMak

Silent majority
HSC
Lol.... you don't need to do maths to be able to work out a percentage....

BTW, the formulas in the syllabus weren't bad, considering there were only about 5, and most of which you can tell what it's going to be by the name (ie. debt to equity ratio).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)