What would you like to see on BOS 2005? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
They may know of other users who are also teachers but who don't want teacher status. I'm simply saying that if you WANT the ability to access that forum, you will have to ASK for it. Nothing is going to be given to you merely due to what is believed or assumed to be known.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Perhaps a teacher's forum is not meant to be made public, mainly due to the fact it is so called a 'teacher's forum' since it is for teachers. If a teacher were to say want to help or talk to another member, there are the relevant sections to do it so without the need for 'teacher' status as you have said. I dont think that posts made in those forums should really be revealed to students and other members much like the reason why kids aren't teaching classes.

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
tywebb said:
actually, i don't feel free to do this.

at least 2 of the admins (lazarus and fatmuscle) already know that i'm a teacher. they've known for years (even before boredofstudies began). but i don't think they want me to have teacher status.

if they make the teacher forum public, i wouldn't even need teacher status to access it.
why would they make the teachers forum public if they dont want you to have access?
(to use your argument)

I think its a moot point and you have your answer (opinion, factual or otherwise) so why continue with this discussion?

em_516

bludging..
HSC
the ability to access certain pages in threads rather than having to sift through a thread via a choice of 1, 2 and 3..and then 2, 3 and 4..etc. it really bugs me..

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
snapperhead said:
why would they make the teachers forum public if they dont want you to have access?
(to use your argument)

I think its a moot point and you have your answer (opinion, factual or otherwise) so why continue with this discussion?
i totally agree. why would they not 'want' you to have teacher status when the only benefit is to have your name on a list and access a forum? i don't think they are that childish.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
em_516 said:
the ability to access certain pages in threads rather than having to sift through a thread via a choice of 1, 2 and 3..and then 2, 3 and 4..etc. it really bugs me..
one tip, if you access a certain thread say

http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?t=22167&page=2&pp=15

You will notice that page number there. If you wish/remember where you want to be you can jump and just edit the page number in the URL. :)

Its a limitation/ feature on the forum software i dont think anyone wants to have a heading when theres almost 100+ pages in the thread :)

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
AsyLum said:
Its a limitation/ feature on the forum software i dont think anyone wants to have a heading when theres almost 100+ pages in the thread :)
But you could have a text book to type the page number in, or a combo box ...

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
textbox i think you mean ^__^ (who made you ee1 mod haha)

Yeah you could, but i think that the current system works :)

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
AsyLum said:
textbox i think you mean ^__^ (who made you ee1 mod haha)
It's early, my eyes don't work good yet.

*Rubs massivily thick nerd glasses with greasy cloth*

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
ahaha, must be the water down at the shire :p

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
lol i also read textbook when i was reading asy's post (i read it before mclakes).

yeah i used to suggest that jump to page thing, until huy told me what asy just told people. but it used ot be easier, because the page number used to be at the end rather than in the middle somewhere

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
haha, true that :)

i guess it is quite early, or late depending on your sleeping patterns.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
AsyLum said:
one tip, if you access a certain thread say

http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?t=22167&page=2&pp=15

You will notice that page number there. If you wish/remember where you want to be you can jump and just edit the page number in the URL. :)

oh ta..i never noticed lol..but still..it would be handy to be able to click something maybe from a scroll down menu..but yeh..i guess it's not too hard to keep changing the page number in the url..

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Yeah, we're looking at forcing the admins to bring that back in (ie. asking them politely in the mod forum) :) Probably in the next upgrade.

lala2

Banned
HSC
With the UAI advice forum, it would be nice to create a mega big thread with UAI predictions as the subject, so that people don't have to keep asking individually for their predicted UAIs--it's clogging up the forum. So when they have concerns, jsut post as usual. This means that things like ranks and moderated marks etc etc can be seen easily? (or would that go in the technical area section?)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
anti said:
Yeah, we're looking at forcing the admins to bring that back in (ie. asking them politely in the mod forum) :) Probably in the next upgrade.
yes, please, where's it gone? it was the best feature of this forum. get rid of quick edit if you have to, bring back quick quote!

chaita

HSC
N/A
I would like to see ratings of different peoples notes so people can see what to look at and take seriously at what to ignore.

vishnu123

vister
HSC
i think this site should be censored... there is 2 much swearing and abusive language in the forums, especially from moderators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)