What would you like to see on BOS 2005? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

funniboi

HSC
I think what that dude is trying to say is he wants too see more "work being done, and discussion about work, rather then just spam and shit like that" or something along those lines, I think he might be referring to the non school section ? No clue, someone else try and decipher it!

as for your other idea;

go in the --> bored of studies search forums page
search for your nickname which shows all your posts you done
I want this page reupdated several times..
if you're in the search page, searching for ur own posts,why would you want it to refresh? seeing how you can't be posting while searching at the same time ? and wouldn't it make it harder to search and find something specific if it just keeps refreshing the page ?

you're a strange person, 3G'sMt5:16.

funniboi

HSC
oh! and about the rep thing, I was thinking, seeing as how some people dislike rep and other's want it. perhaps implement a feature where users can show/hide their rep, and also show/hide everyone elses rep. that would proberly be something thats fair for both sides, seeing as how there's people who like the rep system, and those who do! it doesn't really "fix" things seeing as how rep was initial set out to be used only for helpful posts, and has somewhat 'failed', but i guess it's just something to keep everything 'undercontrol' for a little while! ;)

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
funniboi said:
oh! and about the rep thing, I was thinking, seeing as how some people dislike rep and other's want it. perhaps implement a feature where users can show/hide their rep, and also show/hide everyone elses rep. that would proberly be something thats fair for both sides, seeing as how there's people who like the rep system, and those who do! it doesn't really "fix" things seeing as how rep was initial set out to be used only for helpful posts, and has somewhat 'failed', but i guess it's just something to keep everything 'undercontrol' for a little while! ;)
I feel this is a good idea, except for the hiding your own part. You should be able to either see everyone's, or noone's.

3G'sMt5:16

HSC
what is a rep btw?

oh ok then. i just want to see everything all in one... thats all

OHHH lol... i KNOW a better way to 'refresh'

step 1: go file
step 2: go new
step 3: click New window

TA DAAA KEWL :p :cool:

OR just click

REFRESH! :uhhuh: :eek: ,, i think it sometimes aint work though

Your correct BOSER... i want that... and yess i do know the diffo btwn school and
non - school now... its just that some ppls dont talk about work das all

Last edited:

funniboi

HSC
you can also press f5 to refresh the current page......... or press ctrl+n for a new window :p

3G'sMt5:16

HSC
yeh, everytime I press the refresh rate this screen comes up when: (this only happens when i leave the window on all day and all morning... LOL hahaha):

http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/search.php?searchid=764218

Can you please tells me why?? (this is from the search page)

OH MAD SHORTCUT to do a new window... thnx dude! ><

And another thing, all the smiles on the RHS.. yeh some of it are stuffed and you cant click on em, can you fix it???

Last edited:

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Each search only has a small life time before you have to do the whole search again. If you wanted to do a search for all of your own posts, then you would use this: http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/search.php?do=finduser&userid=67099

Now that I think about, I'm starting to understand what you're trying to communicate with you pitiful and primitive english skills. You look at the searches of your username where it shows results in threads. You want to keep refreshing these so that you can see when people reply to the threads that you have posted in.

This is a really poor idea, a better way is to subscribe to the thread. When you are replying if you look down in the additional options part, there is a bit that says "Thread Subscription". If you enable this, it will send you an email when someone replies.

3G'sMt5:16 said:
And another thing, all the smiles on the RHS.. yeh some of it are stuffed and you cant click on em, can you fix it???
It's been like that for ages and wont be fixed any time soon.

funniboi

HSC
also, you can just click the 'quote' button to quote a post, rather then just 'copy it and type YOU WROTE: *paste*' just thought it'd make things easier for ya :)

and the button next to the quote button is the quick reply thing, where it lets you reply at the box right under the last thread (or where it says 'there are 1xx days until the hsc') so it can skip you 'loading' another page. :)

note: if you click 'quote' it'll take you to the 'advanced reply to thread' page where you got ur smilies, and img tags, and shit like that, but if you want to quick reply and quote , just tick the box before it says 'post quick reply' that says "Quote message in reply?" and it'll quote it for ya :)

hurrotisrobbo

Cabbage
HSC
SpoRTsGaL said:
The rep system brings in heaps of dickheads and allows for stupid threads such as "I farted", or "I'm off" or "Attention: *" in NS to gain the so-called "respect" and rep of other bos members. I think if you remove the rep system, the stupid, annoying members will complain for about a month, then get over it, and will eventually go away or post nicely.
And then everyone'll move onto the next Thing-To-Have. (Remember the post-count problems?)

3G'sMt5:16 said:
Hey atleasts i got unique english skills excuuzze me... humph
Your unique English skillzomglolrofl aren't doing you a lot of good if you're the only one able to understand what you're saying.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Also the poll is rather biased towards the idea that all pro-VSU don't want to pay fees, which isn't true.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
yeah i noticed that.

ANyway, on the rep, It really is time we saw it go

Better a quick demise, than hanging onto the wreckage of a lost idea.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
It's a good idea for a bit of fun. People take rep way too seriously, it's just a game that the rest of us like playing.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
jumb said:
It's a good idea for a bit of fun. People take rep way too seriously, it's just a game that the rest of us like playing.
you're such a liar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)