What you hate about UNSW (2 Viewers)

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Omium said:
meh, they all seem the same to me.

Everyone (asians inlcluded) ive met has been very very kind.

FOBS? Havent seen a single one :S (I think)
you're not at unsw then.

But seriously, what hte fuck is up with a 2 day stuvac before weekend exams (LOL)

shannonm

HSC
N/A
KFunk said:
(Quote: "Due to the large number of students in phase 1, the CLB7 lecture theatre cannot accommodate all students safely. In order to alleviate this problem, when lectures are scheduled in CLB7, the CLB8 lecture theatre will also be used. The lecture will be broadcast to both lecture theatres.")
Is this for real? I tried to search the internet/unsw domain for this quote but couldn't find it.
If this is true it's bloody hilarious. :lol: The uni has reached a new low.

Pace_T

HSC
told you they were squeezing us in. those fuckers are money hungry. if there was a fire drill i swear i wouldnt get out of the lecture for a good 15 minutes...

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
shannonm said:
Is this for real? I tried to search the internet/unsw domain for this quote but couldn't find it.
If this is true it's bloody hilarious. :lol: The uni has reached a new low.
Yeah it's for real (internal email - so it wouldn't be up on a public internet domain). I thought it was a pretty poor effort.

Mumma

HSC
My thermo tutes are ridiculous. Its one giant room with like nearly everyone in there, and maybe 3 tutors walking around. There is no one at the board you know, explaining questions. Getting help from a tutor is nearly impossible. Fucking stupid and pointless. No wonder it has a 40% fail rate.

barling89

McLovin it :D
HSC
Don't Like
- morning queues at Eddy Ave (even though you can skip it)
- people that stare at you
- the stairs
- its' size (even though it isn't that big compared to usyd)
- getting into lecture theatres such as CLB and Mathews
- not enough study tables in the library
- noisy people
- the idiots who still don't their phones to silent
- asians whom block the walkways and entrances (it's always them)
- and how elearning vista doesn't work on my laptop

but i do like the free chilled water system in the Chemical Sciences building. :)

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
lol i love it how the lecturers make fun of the people that leave like 10mins into the lecture :).

Though doesnt it lower the lecturers confidence in their teaching ability that students are leaving the lectures ?

click here

to see my profile
HSC
Well, I also find it hard to find tables to study. Also if you are a FBE student, the computer lab is always full, so annoying!

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Loz_metalhead said:
Are you serious? Lol...I have never had a problem finding a table.
Neither. Only time I have a little trouble is like a week before finals, and even then that just means I have to sit next to some random rather than have a giant table to myself.

boris

Banned
HSC
yeah, UNSW is pretty shit guys.

i was going to study here but my UAI was too high.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
KFunk said:
Favouring of policy which enhances financial income over quality of education and student life, e.g.:

- Shortening semesters in order to fit in more summer courses (i.e. more $$)

- Placing a general blackban on most of the small (< 20 people) seminar courses in the arts fac because of the 'low' student:teacher ratio

- Increasing the number of medical students each year despite overstepping the student capacity of the lecture theatres (Quote: "Due to the large number of students in phase 1, the CLB7 lecture theatre cannot accommodate all students safely. In order to alleviate this problem, when lectures are scheduled in CLB7, the CLB8 lecture theatre will also be used. The lecture will be broadcast to both lecture theatres.")

- Cutting out arts majors and entire arts schools (or rather, combining them - they now have a school of History, Philosophy & Phil of Science)

- Letting go of junior lecturing staff (or refusing to put them on contracts longer than 6 months) without hiring new ones and then expecting senior staff to cover their work load without an increase in pay.

- And on and on...
That is very true, particularly your points regarding arts.

I spoke with one of the associate lecturers of EMPA last year (a brilliant mind, especially considering her publications in the Australian Humanities Review) who mentioned the administrative problems of UNSW Arts and Social Sciences, when they were considering the change to 12 week semesters. Her contract was still ambiguous at the end of semester 2 in 2007.

Other points to add:

- arc's policy in terms of clubs and its members

- economics/commerce subjects are the same fee as law subjects

- and as KFunk spoke of, the continued merging of various schools and disciplines at such short notice

GarlicBread?

HSC
I hate the fact that we live in this safe, rich developed country with access to brilliant education and all we can do is piss and moan about something that 85% of the worlds population doesn't have.

Saying that though I fucking hate the Basser Steps...evil exercise.

Pace_T

HSC
A High Way Man said:
why didnt u go there then
cause this thread wasn't around when i was choosing my preferences :rofl: and i could never be bothered transferring.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)