What's wrong with being an 18 year old virgin? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Mass illiteracy is not a good justification for illiteracy on your part. Especially immediately after trying to criticise the diction of someone studying English at a tertiary level.

Guesss

HSC
ps. i don't suppose anyone would know how to quote extracts from multiple peoples' posts? *hopeful look*
At the bottom right hand corner of the post you want to quote there is a quote button and then the next one to the left is a mutli-quote option with a + sign.

:)

Miss Successful

HSC
Fine i'll admit i was wrong.

However, I believe you were wrong too scaredytiger , and you're just grasping at straws to prove otherwise.
The purpose of English is to communicate with the mass, and i'm afraid no matter how correct one edition of the Oxford Dictionary might be, saying 'punctual error' would not make sense to most.

Miss Successful

HSC
At the bottom right hand corner of the post you want to quote there is a quote button and then the next one to the left is a mutli-quote option with a + sign.

:)

hahaha hey thanks :D
[One of my friends beat you to it, but thanks nonetheless ^^]

HSC
Fine i'll admit i was wrong.

However, I believe you were wrong too scaredytiger , and you're just grasping at straws to prove otherwise.
The purpose of English is to communicate with the mass, and i'm afraid no matter how correct one edition of the Oxford Dictionary might be, saying 'punctual error' would not make sense to most.
You understood what I meant, otherwise you would not have tried to correct me by replacing the word.

Miss Successful

HSC
lol. Yur welcome.

Wud appriciate rep? !?! lol
LOL okay but sorry in advance if it's a neutral rep. :S I'll figure out how to rep and then rep you .

You understood what I meant, otherwise you would not have tried to correct me by replacing the word.
That's a loaded comment. If I say yes, then my point is negated. If i say no I didn't initially understand it, you're probably going to tell me that i need to work on my english. Either way, truthfully, at first i didn't, but then i re-read it and hence my edit.

HSC
It may have been an uncommon use of the word, but I chose it on the basis that it was the least awkward way to phrase what I was saying.

The other option was "error in punctuation" and it felt clunky.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
2010ers getting all exasperated trying to act mature is fucking lol

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
atar aim, 99.95, says sex isn't worth wasting time on (though never having tried it), Jane Austen in her sig, I'm going with Trash

MissAmazing

HSC
you shouldnt throw away something like that, just because society says so, or because of peer pressure. and society doesnt even really say so, its up to you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)