When do we find out about EAS? (1 Viewer)

zhusalmz

HSC
So regardless of what my preferences are they'll notify me of my eligibility to all unis that comply with the Scheme?

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad
Correct, just incase you decide to change your preferences after the ATAR is out, so they might as well release all outcomes for all of the unis.

So regardless of what my preferences are they'll notify me of my eligibility to all unis that comply with the Scheme?

zhusalmz

HSC
Cool, I haven't touched my preferences since July... I went to change them just as I got home from work but UAC site is down for maintenance.

Hoskiies

HSC
Cool, I haven't touched my preferences since July... I went to change them just as I got home from work but UAC site is down for maintenance.
You done mate, you can't change your preference anymore I believe so maybe just the time period before our ATAR is released but after that you can only change the order.

HSC
You done mate, you can't change your preference anymore I believe so maybe just the time period before our ATAR is released but after that you can only change the order.
No you can add new courses. You're not stuck with the ones you entered in the middle of the year.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Biggest troll if they don't give me eligibility letter till last day *sigh*

HSC
I know a close friend who had an ATAR of 72, had a form of ADHD, Epilepsy and applied for two other disadvantage (Youth Allowance, Low-Economic School) and was admitted into UTS B.Business/B.Medical Sciences which required an ATAR of 93. That was a surprise to me because I thought that EAS @ UTS was only 10 points, so in this experience I'm gonna say it differs a little when you're applying with a medical disadvantage. I'm quite sure you'll be very beneficial in terms of EAS points when applying for this.

The only thing I'm quite confused is this differs between other unis, so I wouldn't know too much about say USYD or UNSW about their acceptance of applicants who a high level/spectrum of disadvantage and the cutoff base of the course.
Wow I haven't ever heard of that before. It is such a big difference and I am so happy for your friend. I am looking to bonus points at UWS and USYD with EAS :).

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Wow I haven't ever heard of that before. It is such a big difference and I am so happy for your friend. I am looking to bonus points at UWS and USYD with EAS :).
Apparently they are very strict though and don't give it out unless you truly deserve. Hope I get some anyway.

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad
+1, Sydney Uni is very conservative and strict in terms of handing out points, but try I guess. With UWS, I know you'll make it in
Apparently they are very strict though and don't give it out unless you truly deserve. Hope I get some anyway.

HSC
+1, Sydney Uni is very conservative and strict in terms of handing out points, but try I guess. With UWS, I know you'll make it in
Yeah I am not to fussed about USYD. But for UWS it would be great if I had 3-4 from EAS which seems unlikely because they seem to give out 2 or something.

who

HSC
So when we get the letter via email tomorrow or whenever.. does it state how many points we have received? Would be so shit if they didn't tell us!

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad
You will receive the email starting tomorrow till the following days. I've received mine the day after the ATAR was out.

It doesn't state how many points you receive, only your eligibility of the EAS points.
So when we get the letter via email tomorrow or whenever.. does it state how many points we have received? Would be so shit if they didn't tell us!

zhusalmz

HSC
So I got an email at 12:30 from UAC about a correspondence, assuming it's the EAS eligibility but since there site is down for maintenance I can't confirm. Doesn't really matter since I exceeded the ATAR requirements for all my possible courses but yeah might be more exciting for others.

edit - ye it was.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)