When do you receive a call from BOS for state rankings? (1 Viewer)

dp624

HSC
lyounamu said:
Yeah. But I belive there is a significant jump from the 1st rank and the rest of the ranks. I think luck comes into play. For subjects like English, you need to get a marker that conforms to your view, for subjects like Maths, you want markers who can mark properly.

For subjects like Maths, one or two marks can separate people getting a state rank and people who don't. And since I have a poor hand writing, I am quite certain that I could have lost marks if markers aren't satisfied with my writing (e.g. my 8 looks like 2 0s). And that's where my luck comes into play even though I am certain I got 120/120.

And rememeber, the phone call is only for the top rankers. Not getting a phone call today or on whatever date doesn't mean you didn't get a state rank. Who knows? You could have got state ranks for every subject, but not just first and it happens quite commonly thesedays when competition is quite fierce in basically every subject.
I'm pretty sure markers mark positively =P They know all the work you've done and will give you the benefit of the doubt

Zephyrio

HSC
Uhm, right. I don't think I ever got our HSC pin.

Am freaking out. ??? LOL

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
dp624 said:
I'm pretty sure markers mark positively =P They know all the work you've done and will give you the benefit of the doubt
I hope so. But I have already experienced a great ordeal with some of the worst teachers at my school.

dp624

HSC
Zephyrio said:
Dw about it too much, cem told me that the markers try to be as fair as possible.

There is some bias in maths though. If you take the "long" route to an answer, some anal markers will give you zero marks. Pretty sure this doesn't happen in HSC, but namu why didn't you take care with your writing?
Nah, I don't think markers are that anal. Or none of my teachers are.

Lol @ pin failures. My letters are sititng in front of me.

I think you can ring them up to ask em>?

dp624

HSC
Zephyrio said:

Am freaking out. ??? LOL
You needed your HSC pin to check your studentsonline ranks. SO yea you got it

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
Zephyrio said:

Am freaking out. ??? LOL
I just checked and I'm sure my HSC pin is identical to my studentsonline pin.
So just request your Students Online pin, or ring up the infoline and ask for your HSC pin. You'll be fineee

dp624

HSC
fallenstar said:
I just checked and I'm sure my HSC pin is identical to my studentsonline pin.
So just request your Students Online pin, or ring up the infoline and ask for your HSC pin. You'll be fineee
Probably a freak accident, mine are different. 3*** and 8***

lol phone calls, i'd expect around midday. and alphabetical order?

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
dp624 said:
Probably a freak accident, mine are different. 3*** and 8***

lol phone calls, i'd expect around midday. and alphabetical order?
lol wtf mine are identical! i have them in front of me.

alphabetical order? wouldn't it be more logical to go by area? i.e. people who live outside of sydney need more notice to get to the ceremony? i don't know

omniscience

HSC
N/A
fallenstar said:

alphabetical order? wouldn't it be more logical to go by area? i.e. people who live outside of sydney need more notice to get to the ceremony? i don't know

no, they start with the smartest people so that they can attend.

dp624

HSC
fallenstar said:

Subject alpha order. And come on, calls take like 5 minutes. What's the difference 2/3 hours is going to make to travel time. Unless you live in the US or sometihng

Zephyrio

HSC
I guess they'd start with people who topped the sciences, maths, English and prominent humanities first. To make sure they can attend.

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
omniscience said:
no, they start with the smartest people so that they can attend.
hahaha yeah, because all the brainiacs live in sydney :|

dp624 said:
Subject alpha order. And come on, calls take like 5 minutes. What's the difference 2/3 hours is going to make to travel time. Unless you live in the US or sometihng
Yeah, very true, haha i think nerves are destroying my logic

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
eff this, I'm going out. I'm not sitting here all day. good luck guys :)

ywontuend

HSC
Zephyrio said:
HSC Pin where art thou?
hey zephyrio i just checked my HSC pin thingy and your student online pin is the same as the pin you use to acess your results. So whatever you've been using to get into students online will worl.

hope that helps

dp624

HSC
@ OP: Apparently now, if you haven't gottne one, then you ain't getting one. lol too late

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
lyounamu said:
I hope so. But I have already experienced a great ordeal with some of the worst teachers at my school.

As a teacher I am a lot harder on marking at school, including the legibility of handwriting, than I am at HSC marking.

I really mark down at school if it is slightly illegible to encourage kids to write better in the final exam - as it makes it easier for the marker to give marks (which is what we want to do in the final marking process).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)