Where is everyone? (1 Viewer)

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by Lugia
Hey everyone,

I'm doing B Engineering (mechatronics space) / B Science (computer science). I got into the TSP for science as well :D

Any one with me?

As for other people from my school, i know a few doing combined commerce degrees, occupational theropy, phmarcy,law... 2 of my friends are doing engineering also, though not my course... :(

Actually I still can't decide whether i want to vet science or engineering... its like either maths or animals, both of which I really like... oh well...maybe I'll find out what I want when I start.

Bye :) :cool: :D
How did u know u got into the TSP?

Ezmay

Re: Re: Re: Where is everyone?

Originally posted by Mambomeg

Oh, fine then, I dont count? geez. well, if you're gonna be like that then! (jk)
SORRY MEGAN!!!! :D

I didn't even think when I wrote that, I'm afraid I suffer from foot in mouth disease!!!

I retract my earlier statement!

I will be spending most of o-week with fellow weslians and anim science students, esp my buddy mambomeg!!! :cool:

cya on monday!!!;)

timmii

sporadic attendee
Originally posted by kini mini

As for the idea of not wasting your UAI - of the 3 100s from my school, one is going to Harvard, one is doing adv arts at Syd, and the last is doing adv science at Syd. So in my experience people don't feel that obliged to use their UAIs int hat way.
Yes, but the terms "adv science", "adv arts" etc do have certain connotations with them. They haven't opted merely for a science degree, or an arts degree. As for the harvard guy, that has a *lot* of "wow" factor in it, and he is foregoing a place in arts/law at sydney to do it - one of those stereotypical places for a 100 student, but one that he nonetheless *did* choose.

On the otherhand, I know a 100 who got accepted for unsw medicine, and has completely foregone the place. He is currently in America and will be there for at least another 2 years (not at uni) - it's as though the HSC was irrelevant for him.

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
I'm doing speech pathalogy-over at the Cumberland Campus at Lidcombe (which sucks...wish I was at the main campus! We have to pay the same student guild fees as those on the main one-yet we have nothing good at our campus-we just pay for everyone elses stuff! :mad1: )
Anyway-I thought I didn't know anyone doing my course, but on Thursday i had orientation, and it turns out 1 person from my high school is doing it too. We weren't close friends or anything, but it was still great to see a familiar face.

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by timmii

Yes, but the terms "adv science", "adv arts" etc do have certain connotations with them. They haven't opted merely for a science degree, or an arts degree.
True, but arts and science do not have the cachet that law does, and certainly not the connotations of the pursuit of filthy lucre. Those people have made a calculated choice not to take the "safe" route.

As for the harvard guy, that has a *lot* of "wow" factor in it, and he is foregoing a place in arts/law at sydney to do it - one of those stereotypical places for a 100 student, but one that he nonetheless *did* choose.
Going to Harvard is very expensive, even with financial aid, and liberal arts is more of a personal development degree than a professional one - I think it still represents a less pragmatic choice than the "UAI users" make.

timmii

sporadic attendee

True, but arts and science do not have the cachet that law does, and certainly not the connotations of the pursuit of filthy lucre. Those people have made a calculated choice not to take the "safe" route.

Going to Harvard is very expensive, even with financial aid, and liberal arts is more of a personal development degree than a professional one - I think it still represents a less pragmatic choice than the "UAI users" make.
Kini - I've finally reached the trifecta. I met the third 100 of yours today. I had actually met him previously, but i didn't realise who he was until i was standing with 3 others and 1 made a comment that all of them had gotten 100...*sigh* i was evidently barred....

timmii

sporadic attendee
Blackjack, i met some caringbah high people today. One guy topped 2u english, and his friend topped mod hist/hist x, but i haven't met him yet - nor the other friend who topped eng x. Quite a grade you have there! :D

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
Ah, Jimmy D (James Dalton). He was with another guy, James Couri, when I was there.

I met Cunningham (double history guy... parent's a history teacher, figures) as well.

Then I had to go to all the science talks, then 'support' the scisoc barbe. Man, my first suggestion to them would be: 'get a BIGGER bbq, and more volunteers'

timmii

sporadic attendee
I didn't meet james, i met Mark...apparently I'll meet "cunningham" tomorrow at the law faculty thing :) Yay, the stalking of high achievers can continue... :rolleyes:

Did you go to the comedy thing? I was sitting with them for that if u were anywhere near there?

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
Nah, didn't stay/go, wanted to though. Other committments.

So many from my school went to sydney, but they're all [UI]elsewhere[/I] and mostly not in science. Probably good for meeting new people though.

timmii

sporadic attendee
Yeah, they said that 90ppl from caringbah were going to usyd. I have 4 from my school going to usyd- no1 in my faculties! I've met some really nice ppl doing law though just from various events/court so i hung around with them for a bit, and just randomly striking up conversation with people seems to have worked well as well. Though I have yet to meet another comm/law student! :( :confused:

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
90ppl from C'bah? BJ, do you have the starts of how many went where? I think there is about 20 at UNSW ....

sif not 99

comedy night was pretty mad, apart from the anal security who wouldnt let us bring the lounges in from the pool room to the main bar area....

how bad were those two westy dikes?? how lame! apart from them i thought it was pretty mad

the breathtester they have in manning is pretty mad, sitting next to it all night proud to announce i had the high score at .321 BAC =)

timmii

sporadic attendee
Where's the breathtester??? That would be good to know!

I also need to learn to play pool properly....ahhh 5years ahead of me :D

sif not 99

breathtester is against the left wall when ur facing the stage. its free as well which is pretty mad, some places u have to pay for them....

anyone going to gerling tonight?

kini mini

HSC

Kini - I've finally reached the trifecta. I met the third 100 of yours today. I had actually met him previously, but i didn't realise who he was until i was standing with 3 others and 1 made a comment that all of them had gotten 100...*sigh* i was evidently barred....
ROFL that must have been uncomfortable :p. They are three quite unintimidating people though, I'm sure they didn't mean to bar you ;) :D.

timmii

sporadic attendee

ROFL that must have been uncomfortable :p. They are three quite unintimidating people though, I'm sure they didn't mean to bar you ;) :D.
They didn't *actually* bar me, they're sweet :)...and it wasn't the three grammar guys, it was other hundreds :rolleyes: :p

But it happened again today! I was being introduced to a group of people, and I foolishly asked "how do you know each other" and the answer was "well, we, uh, met, at the, uh, subject toppers awards ceremony...." Yeah its intimidating...:rolleyes: :p

kini mini

HSC

They didn't *actually* bar me, they're sweet :)...and it wasn't the three grammar guys, it was other hundreds :rolleyes: :p

But it happened again today! I was being introduced to a group of people, and I foolishly asked "how do you know each other" and the answer was "well, we, uh, met, at the, uh, subject toppers awards ceremony...." Yeah its intimidating...:rolleyes: :p
LOL, well it isn't necessarily that intimidating - talent in maths for example may not be applicable in commerce of law ;).

Fi

:( :( :( I made no friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I 'm going to be a lonely bugger for the rest of my life!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. *cries* It'll be alright!!!!actually no it wonttttttttt!!!!!!!!! i have 3 breaks on Tuesday!! and thats wen i start!!:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)