Where is everyone? (1 Viewer)

Pretz

But it happened again today! I was being introduced to a group of people, and I foolishly asked "how do you know each other" and the answer was "well, we, uh, met, at the, uh, subject toppers awards ceremony...." Yeah its intimidating...
No more intimidating than it would be for the rest of us morons to meet you, miss 99.95. Oh and I also need someone to teach me how to play pool properly. For the last few weeks when I've gone out with my friends I've pretended I know how to play, which meant I lost most of (ok all of) the games I played. Where abouts are the pool tables anyway? I've heard they have them at either Manning or Wentworth (or both?), which is great, except I don't know where either of those places are.

Anyway I've had to miss most of o-week so far 'cuz of work, but most of what I experienced was pretty fun. Seeing one of my friends (one of my white european friends) being talked into joining the Chinese Club or whatever it's official name is was pretty amusing. Oh and that science guy who's sometimes on rove, the one who spoke at the science welcome. How funny was his reference to section 165-166 of the... was it goods and services laws? i can't remember....which stated that he has the right to 1) in the event of something happening, behave as if it in fact did not happen, and 2) in the event of something not happening, behave as if it did in fact happen. ha. no it really was funny when he said it. don't get the same kind of delivery typing it out though i suppose.

ah well. anything good happening tomorrow besides the q-tea?

Pretz

I made no friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I 'm going to be a lonely bugger for the rest of my life!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. *cries* It'll be alright!!!!actually no it wonttttttttt!!!!!!!!! i have 3 breaks on Tuesday!! and thats wen i start!!
Why don't you post your number, so everyone can come and say hi (or prank call you until you're...uh...sick of being prank called).

Pretz

I just realised that prank calling someone on a mobile wouldn't be cost-feasible, but oh well. I'm sure we could find lost of other interesting things to do with your number.

Fi

Pretz

Are u crazy???????? Who does that?? But thanks for the sympathy.........it was needed! Maybe we can all plan to meet somewhere on our breaks!!! I SOUND SOOOOOO PATHETIC IT'S NOT FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!! *cries again*

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
That Dr Karl... lol. The "reference" is from the GST (Goods and Services Tax) and one of his staples I heard from last time he spoke.

And 90 people?! :eek::eek::eek: I DIDN'T know so early... There's around 20 Utes and Woolies people each as well. Tack on the westies, club macs (etc.), tafes, bludgers and I don't think there's 90 left.

edit: yeah, um it's UTS, Woollongong, Western Syd.

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
Originally posted by Fi
Pretz

Are u crazy???????? Who does that?? But thanks for the sympathy.........it was needed! Maybe we can all plan to meet somewhere on our breaks!!! I SOUND SOOOOOO PATHETIC IT'S NOT FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!! *cries again*
If you post a timetable, it'll save some more trouble. :p

lol...
"Hi Fi, this is Tara. Tara, this is Fi."
"So how did you meet each other?"
"on the net!"

This is a tentative suggestion... :rolleyes:

timmii

sporadic attendee
Originally posted by Fi
Fi - relax...everyone is in the same boat as you! Just try talking to the person standing next to you in line, or ask the next person u pass, the way to your tutorial (even if you know it ;) ). Most people are really friendly and desiring to make new friends too!

Besides there are ppl worse than you. I just was phoned by a friend of a friend (i've met her once or twice). She was really upset she didn't know anyone in her course and can I please meet her because she knows i'm going to usyd :p I actually had the timetable of my friend doing a similar course and she now knows they have maths and bio together and has thus stopped crying...but i still have a lunchdate for monday :p I'm conducting tours of manning if anyone wants to join in ;) Donations of food and alcohol accepted... :D

Pretz

I'm conducting tours of manning if anyone wants to join in Donations of food and alcohol accepted...
Same format as the library tours right? Once every half hour? And the donation is only optional?

timmii

sporadic attendee
Originally posted by Pretz

No more intimidating than it would be for the rest of us morons to meet you, miss 99.95. Oh and I also need someone to teach me how to play pool properly. For the last few weeks when I've gone out with my friends I've pretended I know how to play, which meant I lost most of (ok all of) the games I played. Where abouts are the pool tables anyway? I've heard they have them at either Manning or Wentworth (or both?), which is great, except I don't know where either of those places are.
Well then I'll meticulously avoid you all! :D

Wentworth: coming from redfern, its the big building you pass through to get onto camperdown campus.

From Eastern avenue auditorium turn left and the big overpass leads into it, the pool tables are up the stairs next to donut king.

Manning: from eastern avenue auditorium, facing the great hall, turn left at fisher library and just keep walking straight. It has all the metal chairs and tables outside. Pool tables/bar are top level.

Generator

HSC
N/A
The free pool is at Holme, while at Wentworth you have to pay.
I have avoided Manning... I wouldn't fit in with my home cooked meals, you see.

Last edited:

jessika

law chicky
HSC
Originally posted by timmii
Ok, I'm tired of the unsw-students bragging of how lively *their* forum is, and how dull and sombre ours appears in comparison.
lol, at least you got your own forum.

timmii

sporadic attendee
Originally posted by Generator
The free pool is at Holme, while at Wentworth you have to pay.
I have avoided Manning... I wouldn't fit in with my home cooked meals, you see.
I checked out Holme, its actually a pretty cool place (despite it never being mentioned). I didn't find any pool tables (let alone free ones there though...) Where are they??? I'm basically situated in merewether so my furthest trek is to Manning :p

Generator

HSC
N/A
Yes, it's annoying when you walk from Carslaw to Holme and then find that the tables are all taken...

Well, at the rear end of the open courtyard in Holme there is a small hall with a staircase in the corner. If you go down, then you should see the tables.

Last edited:

timmii

sporadic attendee
Originally posted by Generator
Yes, it's annoying when you walk from Carslaw to Holme and then find that the tables are all taken...

Well, at the rear end of the open courtyard in Holme there is a small hall with a staircase in the corner. If you go down, then you should see the tables.
Found it inadvertently today. Also found a commonwealth bank, a formal dining room and an icky science museum....Yep, quite an adventurous day had I! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)