Which is the best private school? have your say. (1 Viewer)

Which is the best private school?

• MLC School Sydney

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Trinity Grammar School

Votes: 28 12.3%
  • Newington College

Votes: 14 6.1%
  • Scots College

Votes: 7 3.1%
  • The Kings School

Votes: 29 12.7%
  • Ascham

Votes: 12 5.3%
  • Pymble Ladies\' College

Votes: 29 12.7%
  • Abbotsleigh

Votes: 28 12.3%
  • Knox Grammar School

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • Ravenswood

Votes: 17 7.5%

• Total voters

kaseita

really? that makes sense jenjen. but does that mean that when there's the dance between abbotsleigh and barker, its when they're in yr9??
my memory must be rapidly deteriorating again :(

hehe bex, that would be roger! yea, his a real freak! I went to his house once, and his shelves and floor were all just space, universe, physics stuff...hehe remember him complaining that no one did anything in his group :D
but then we all were :p
was your mentor some knox teacher/guy? We got some loreto teacher, who just seemed to work with whoever wanted to do something. those mentors weren't very helpful though. it was like, "figure it out yourself". I didn't see the point of them!

edit: oh wait, that could've been karl. darn, too many smart tall blondes at our school :chainsaw:

Last edited:

bex

HSC
edit: oh wait, that could've been karl. darn, too many smart tall blondes at our school
Yes! It was Karl... and the mentor was a woman.. she was a teacher... and thats all i can remember!

dazza

Originally posted by grumnir
Meh Going to have to give my school a plug, Waverley College, as well as give a discertion onn the other CAS schools.

And for the academic side we've had 2 100 UAIs in the last 5 years >>> and plenty of other high marks
All I've got to say is that Waverley, St Pats etc don't compare to any of the schools in the original post or in the poll:

Originally posted by lisa
Barker College , Cranbrook School , Danebank School , Meriden, PLC (croydon), Sydney Grammar, SCECGS Redlands, SHORE, Tangara, Tara
and..
MLC School Sydney, Trinity Grammar School, Newington College, Scots College, The Kings School, Ascham, Pymble Ladies' College, Abbotsleigh, Knox Grammar School and Ravenswood

grumnir, face it. waverley is just a wannabe private school.

waverley fees:

$1495 x 3 (3 terms) = $4485 per year

ppl are paying MORE than 3 to 4 times the amount of these fees.

don't mean to sound snobby but u guys are in a diff league.

quit dissing the other schools cos you can't get any better than waverley

Jenjen

Yeah the Barker/Abbotsleigh, Barker/PLC, Barker/ every other bloody girls school in NSW dance is in yr 9. They start 'em up early now!! :p

Umm its pretty stupid to compare how much it costs to go to any school. Who really cares- if thats the only thing you can claim over other schools then that a bit lame. Money really shouldn't be an issue

But hey- feel free to pay Waverley out in any other way!! :p

They are stupid freaks who think its funy to get trashed at an RSL (very cool) and then destroy a whole lotta properly
You make the whole CAS look bad and its because of you that we got in trouble for our harmless little Scav Hunt

kaseita

lol, the barker guys must have a ball, dancing with that many schools!
we just got ol'meriden straithfield...wonder if there's anyone from there on here, lol.:D

yea, money doesn't really count. you just end up with the dumb rich snobs, who are just there to absorb the glory of the school's riches, and do what they want in a "sophisticated" way.
We don't even have air con...and my primary school had aircon in every building, and the fee was more than 10times smaller than at knox!

hmm...the evil karl...hehe. actually, he'll boost my UAI, so that's ok! I might take a look at the abw photos again. last time I looked was ages ago.

chait

Originally posted by kaseita

yea, money doesn't really count. you just end up with the dumb rich snobs, who are just there to absorb the glory of the school's riches, and do what they want in a "sophisticated" way.
We don't even have air con...and my primary school had aircon in every building, and the fee was more than 10times smaller than at knox!

we don't have air con either, tho of course the teachers do. i wonder where all of our fees go (apart from teachers' salaries). oh i know, they spend it on stuff like glossy brochures, MM cds, school branded stuff, and even branded dinner mints! (yes it's true, we scabbed a few handfuls and ate it during ipt) :) hehe.. well i guess the school rep makes up for it..

Milly

Originally posted by chait
are there any other MLC girls here?
Yup, moi :)

I've been at MLC since Year 2... so I think they've brainwashed me by now!! :p So don't ask me to judge which school's best! Grammar's definitely the best academically though... Pymble and Abbotsleigh are supposedly close behind.

we don't have air con either, tho of course the teachers do. i wonder where all of our fees go (apart from teachers' salaries).
Probably to BJ's next trip to Timbuktu :rolleyes:

Last edited:

chait

Originally posted by Milly

Probably to BJ's next trip to Timbuktu :rolleyes:
Hi Milly:) yes probably for her next trip to New York, China, London etc. :rolleyes: oh well she's gotta make it to those Old GIrls luncheons, no wonder she's such a rare sight at school..

kaseita

oh yea of course, all the teacher common rooms have air con
there's like one, in the music centre
but of course, I don't do music :rolleyes:

oh man, the food they get, so delicious! my ecos teacher was my study room teacher at point in time last year. used to bring coffee or tea for whoever wanted it, plus biscuits/cakes/etc...mmmm tasty!

got a treat of that during the last week of school...but that's like the only time we're ever going to enjoy our money back.

Abbotsleigh was good in my sis' year (2000). apparently they're not expecting as much this year (or so I've heard).

bex

HSC
Hey my friend went to MLC and came to Loreto in yr 8... Loreto isnt very expensive compared to other schools, but they like to think they are!

Nah loreto was ok.. we have air con in the teachers rooms, the library, the lecture theatre and about 10 classrooms.. They only put air con in cause you could hear the main road everytime the windows were opened!

chait

oh yea of course, all the teacher common rooms have air con
there's like one, in the music centre
but of course, I don't do music :rolleyes:

oh man, the food they get, so delicious! my ecos teacher was my study room teacher at point in time last year. used to bring coffee or tea for whoever wanted it, plus biscuits/cakes/etc...mmmm tasty!

got a treat of that during the last week of school...but that's like the only time we're ever going to enjoy our money back.

Abbotsleigh was good in my sis' year (2000). apparently they're not expecting as much this year (or so I've heard).
yes i know how u feel. i don't do music either, but at least my house had its house time in the music centre:) then there's the 'aquatic centre' which we won't get to use cos it won't be finished till next yr.. :rolleyes: lucky the drama theatre and the ILC (the 4 storey library they built) have air con.
boxes of biscuits meant for teachers some how managed to turn up in the yr 12 common room occasionally;) we certainly did enjoy the monte carlo bikkies tho

Last edited:

kaseita

Originally posted by bex
Hey my friend went to MLC and came to Loreto in yr 8... Loreto isnt very expensive compared to other schools, but they like to think they are!

Nah loreto was ok.. we have air con in the teachers rooms, the library, the lecture theatre and about 10 classrooms.. They only put air con in cause you could hear the main road everytime the windows were opened!
hmph, I wish they solved our noise problem by putting aircons in!
but noo, of course not. they do it the smart way and put thicker windows and bricks instead :rolleyes:. But we do get cool shutters that we can open and close with a switch! yay...:rolleyes:

yes i know how u feel. i don't do music either, but at least my house had its house time in the music centre:) then there's the 'aquatic centre' which we won't get to use cos it won't be finished till next yr.. :rolleyes: lucky the drama theatre and the ILC (the 4 storey library they built) have air con.
boxes of biscuits meant for teachers some how managed to turn up in the yr 12 common room occasionally;) we certainly did enjoy the monte carlo bikkies tho
lol, the aquatics centre's probably where I actually cool down - to the point of frigidness! rumour has it that its heated, and in the mornings, I do see the fog on the windows. But for some reason, whenever I go in there, 5 mins later, my teeth are clattering. hmm...
then I walk outside and burn up. I don't get it :confused:

lol! the only thing that mysteriously pops up in our common room are these boxes of sugars, with the name of the cafe down at the shops, on them. nothing special, but I still wonder how they get down there ;)

Scandrew

talk about consumerism... this whole thread seems to revolve around it. lol.

- see.. i did learn something in english after all

oh yea, won $60 from betting on media puzzle today, w00t

chait

Originally posted by bex
hmmm... what's her name?

Originally posted by Scandrew
talk about consumerism... this whole thread seems to revolve around it. lol.

- see.. i did learn something in english after all

oh yea, won $60 from betting on media puzzle today, w00t
nah not consumerism.. we're just reminiscing about the good and weird times we had at skool :) lol.. all of us aren't that materialistic u know! as for english, I thought that was the biggest waste of my time :( even IPT was more useful! (ok, not really, they're on par with each other)

not a punter, but congrats on your win..:)

kaseita

consumerism?
oh no, I'm just reflecting on how we didn't get our moneys worth :)
you would too if you paid tens of thousands and got so little back!
no consumer sovereignty hehe

b-boy

there is no best private school, the best any school is the one that helps u get the best marks possible for the hsc or the one that best suits u in woteva ways u look at schooling...

chait

consumerism?
oh no, I'm just reflecting on how we didn't get our moneys worth :)
you would too if you paid tens of thousands and got so little back!
no consumer sovereignty hehe
agreed :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)