Which lectures have you consistenly skipped? (1 Viewer)

mannnnndy

chocoholic
Originally posted by routemarker

ha i accidentally went to that tute for my first calc test. below where im supposed to be.
I reckon all the levels in the red centre look the same. I spent a good 20 mintues wandering around looking for my tutor's room.:p

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by Bambul
You guys should ask how many textbooks you haven't bought. I've gone through 3 subjects without buying a textbook now (out of 12), it's so much cheaper!
Well I'm only in first year and I have only bought the text book for 1/4 of my subjects ...

Originally posted by mannnnndy

I reckon all the levels in the red centre look the same. I spent a good 20 mintues wandering around looking for my tutor's room.:p
I agree, I can never rember which room my tuts are in, they are all exactly the same (except for the dodgy one with tables for two, can't remeber which rom number that is though ..)

beava_69

lol routemaker i dont know how u can think of skipping phys1A, thats the one i hafta go to cos i cant read his writing on the notes or on the board tis the subject i concentate mots in
hahaa

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
Originally posted by beava_69
lol routemaker i dont know how u can think of skipping phys1A, thats the one i hafta go to cos i cant read his writing on the notes or on the board tis the subject i concentate mots in
hahaa
well im always lost in his lecs anyway and i have no idea why he does what he does in his examples and 'proofs'.

I find it better just to download his notes (my writing is 10 times worse and my eye sight is not so good so i find his notes better than the lecture) and try to figure stuff out from our text book.

bio and phys lecs make you go to the text anyway so lectures just seem a waste of an hour that exausts you. two lectures that i can never miss are chem and Algebra ones. I can skip calculus because it has a huge text book with plenty of examples which is more coherent than gaudrys lectures.

Last edited:

mannnnndy

chocoholic
I can skip calculus because it has a huge text book with plenty of examples which is more coherent than gaudrys lectures.

:p He gets lost so easily, when someone asks him to move the overhead he loses his train of thought and then gets really confused for a while.:rolleyes:

routemarker

HSC
what about or phys lecturer Dr. Jon Lawrence. A lecture is never complete without him making 5 mistakes. Im starting to wonder how he got his PhD:rolleyes:

beava_69

lol it is a bit of a worry ay how he makes so many mistakes, haha but im betting there wont b one lect where he wont make a mistake id put $10on it

routemarker

HSC
Originally posted by beava_69
lol it is a bit of a worry ay how he makes so many mistakes, haha but im betting there wont b one lect where he wont make a mistake id put $10on it
lol i might hold you to that:D

mannnnndy

chocoholic
A typical Gaudry lecture

person: can you move that overhead down? I cant see the top line.
Gaudry: blah blah, right hand derrivative.... what? Is something wrong?
person: yeah can you move the overhead?
Gaudry: Have I made a mistake somewhere? Is this the slide youre confused about? In this example what you do is just differnetiate-
person: no, I just wanted you to move the slide down so I can see it.
Guadry: Oh I see what you mean now, sorry about that, thats meant to be a three not a two, I'll just fix that up for you.
person: Can you just move that slide?
Gaudry: Ah now I know what you mean, *puts up old slide* Is that better?

I dunno how Im going to pass this subject:rolleyes:

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
I see now why you wanted to change lecture streams, and I suggest you do ...

routemarker

HSC
ha gaudrys ok but im saying this because there is an accompanying 1000 page textbook riddled with examples that are never going to see daylight:D

mannnnndy

chocoholic
I reckon Peter Brown, the guy who does algebra for 1131, is pretty funny sometimes. He gets all emotional if he sees something that is mathematically incorrect, like (z-5)/0. :D
"Now Im just going to show you what some of the older books do, but DONT copy this down, they write (z-5)/0 instead of z = 5. Argh I cant bear to look at it, its just so wrong. Its making me feel all nervous just writing this down on the board. I can just feel it radiating wrongness. OK I have to get rid of it now I cant stand it anymore. *rubs it off the board* Ahhh thats better now."

Last edited:

routemarker

HSC
ROFLMAO i remember that from today it was the only lec i went to:D i think thats the sign of a true maths teacher. but the strange thing is hes always on task and you cant confuse him and gaudry who is a proff gets distracted by a phone ringing:rolleyes:. what i really remember from one of browns lecs is his excitement of eulers formula. he was like 'when Mathematicians see this they get really excited!'

mannnnndy

chocoholic
what i really remember from one of browns lecs is his excitement of eulers formula. he was like 'when Mathematicians see this they get really excited!'
ROFL hahhahaha I remember that one:D Who says maths teachers dont have a life?:rolleyes: My friend has him as a tutor and she says hes like that all the time in the tuts as well:p

Last edited:

jessika

law chicky
HSC
Originally posted by kini mini
I'm fed up with QMA (maths for commerce), my lecturer is useless. I'm definitely not going for matrices, I can learn those myself.

oooh, want to help me learn matrices? I have no clue yet, and I have to do two chapters on it, and my teacher well isn't ... all that.

maniacguy

hehe...

Peter Brown is really good - he's also the guy in maths responsible for the maths side of people doing Education and Maths, so he'll be in charge of future maths teachers. good sign!

Gaudry's not too bad, although he's probably better as a tutor.

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by jessika

oooh, want to help me learn matrices? I have no clue yet, and I have to do two chapters on it, and my teacher well isn't ... all that.
Sorry jess I didn't see this post :eek:. I'll do my best to help you with matrices, just ask :)

Peter Brown taught at my school for a year, he was a really nice guy :). If this is the really short Peter Brown anyway :p

mannnnndy

chocoholic
Originally posted by kini mini

Sorry jess I didn't see this post :eek:. I'll do my best to help you with matrices, just ask :)

Peter Brown taught at my school for a year, he was a really nice guy :). If this is the really short Peter Brown anyway :p
Hes not really short, Id say hes about average height. He seems like a pretty nice guy, he just loves his maths:p

routemarker

HSC
Peter Brown is very short id say bout 5'5" i was very surprised he doesnt really look short in the lectures tho.

yoshi

Brown rocks. Anyone who gets pumped on maths like that should be teaching it. He does and does it well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)