Which tutoring centre(s) do the james ruse and top private school studnets go to? (2 Viewers)

bunnykun

HSC
I'm just really bad chem and phys lol.. it doesn't make sense to me :/ I would've gone tutoring but it just gives me headaches. So I dropped it altogether. I felt pretty peer pressured to choose chem as I think my whole grade does it apart from 3 people? Since it's a med requirement, which means I basically gave up med.. but I'm more english orientated so it doesn't matter that much for me.

Honestly I wake up, look at my timetable, and thank the gods 3 times over that I'll never have Chem and Phys again in my life. Love it :) For me anyone that takes Chem/Phys is a beast.. which is like everyone that I know XD

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
I'm just really bad chem and phys lol.. it doesn't make sense to me :/ I would've gone tutoring but it just gives me headaches. So I dropped it altogether. I felt pretty peer pressured to choose chem as I think my whole grade does it apart from 3 people? Since it's a med requirement, which means I basically gave up med.. but I'm more english orientated so it doesn't matter that much for me.

Honestly I wake up, look at my timetable, and thank the gods 3 times over that I'll never have Chem and Phys again in my life. Love it :) For me anyone that takes Chem/Phys is a beast.. which is like everyone that I know XD
What subjects do you do?

Paradoxica

-insert title here-
HSC

What's with everyone and Med. I don't understand the irrationality of asian culture. Why would you trade happiness away in an instant like that?

But then again, they, or their parents, probably don't value their own personal happiness because

a) They don't know the meaning of happiness in the life sense

b) They are irrational and think money can make up for lost time

c) Parents force them

d) Sticking to the herd

Note none of the above applies to people who enjoy medicine (or ten years of uni). There are counterexamples, but this doesn't apply.

Actually, this reminds me of that article I read a while back on mental health and asian culture.

Mach_1

HSC
What's with everyone and Med. I don't understand the irrationality of asian culture. Why would you trade happiness away in an instant like that?

But then again, they, or their parents, probably don't value their own personal happiness because

c) Parents force them

d) Sticking to the herd

Note none of the above applies to people who enjoy medicine (or ten years of uni). There are counterexamples, but this doesn't apply.

Actually, this reminds me of that article I read a while back on mental health and asian culture.

Some may find happiness in achievement. Yeh med is tough but the rewards deem the time worth it. Also to some the concept of combining practical sciences with a humanitarian cause is appealing. Also, parents do push in the asian culture, but most of the people i know who want to do med chose the goal by their own will. There is also some value in sticking to the herd - even if u fail to get into med, ur credentials will still be pretty damn high.

Paradoxica

-insert title here-
HSC
Some may find happiness in achievement. Yeh med is tough but the rewards deem the time worth it. Also to some the concept of combining practical sciences with a humanitarian cause is appealing. Also, parents do push in the asian culture, but most of the people i know who want to do med chose the goal by their own will. There is also some value in sticking to the herd - even if u fail to get into med, ur credentials will still be pretty damn high.
Sticking to the herd is exactly the opposite of my life goal. The blind lead the blind, after all.

And besides, my ability to exert effort only exists when the topic is mathematics.

"Yeh med is tough but the rewards deem the time worth it. Also to some the concept of combining practical sciences with a humanitarian cause is appealing."

Such delusions.

There are more effective humanitarian causes to devote effort towards, such as biomechanical research.

Mach_1

HSC
Everyone has their own opinions. But note that biomedical and pharmaceutical research is a part of a doctor's employment. Dont get me wrong, i would love to be involved in research. But no need to hate on asians who collectively aim for med

si2136

HSC
N/A

c) Parents force them

d) Sticking to the herd

It's usually due to asian parents or the money that they'll earn. I'm not sure why people would do medicine, to sacrifice the years of their life to lose irreplaceable youth, life is definitely ephemeral and we need to live the best of it. However, some people do enjoy becoming a medicine, so it differs from person to person. But definitely under the influence of the asian environment.

si2136

HSC
N/A

bunnyyy what subjects

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Everyone has their own opinions. But note that biomedical and pharmaceutical research is a part of a doctor's employment. Dont get me wrong, i would love to be involved in research. But no need to hate on asians who collectively aim for med
Oh that sounds interesting but I hate dealing with rats on a day to day job and I hate being really unhygienic lol

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
It's usually due to asian parents or the money that they'll earn. I'm not sure why people would do medicine, to sacrifice the years of their life to lose irreplaceable youth, life is definitely ephemeral and we need to live the best of it. However, some people do enjoy becoming a medicine, so it differs from person to person. But definitely under the influence of the asian environment.
I think some ppl would study medicine to learn more about the human body, diseases and such because it's an interesting thing which is constantly evolving in that sense

Mach_1

HSC
I think some ppl would study medicine to learn more about the human body, diseases and such because it's an interesting thing which is constantly evolving in that sense
Agreed. Medicine also combines the application of many fields of science and scientific research which often deems it the forefront fo science itself.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Where do u guys go for english tutoring?? Any recommended places? Besidrs delta
Dude Delta is sooooooooooooooo expensive and you gotta be rich in order to afford it, however they have such a good quality service which triumphs over all the tutors and tutoring centres (i.e. really good indepth analysis of texts and such and text segregation), high quality essay marking and really good teaching all from state rankers (state rankers are better than qualified teachers in english because english is a luck based subject and a state ranker can understand where a student is coming from, that way they can increase the student's luck hoowever, a teacher can't really relate to a student as much and can't really see the direction they're going in)

IDK another good english tutor tbh because they're all so expensive lol to tbh you don't need english tutoring to do well in the HSC, just go and read crobat's guide to english advanced

If you are interested in english tutoring though, then go on the tutoring classified forum and look through to see english tutors and hopefully that'll help

Mach_1

HSC
Do u prefer private tutoring for english? Or is class based learning more of ur thing. Also do u go to delta? A couple of my friends go there and i agree their essay marking and in depth analysis if great. But they thought the teachers could do a little better? If u do go whats ur take on the teachers?

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Do u prefer private tutoring for english? Or is class based learning more of ur thing. Also do u go to delta? A couple of my friends go there and i agree their essay marking and in depth analysis if great. But they thought the teachers could do a little better? If u do go whats ur take on the teachers?

I don't go english tutoring at all lol but tbh i think private tutoring is the best

TBH english tutoring is useless

1. Schools have a certain way of marking and this clashes with the tutor (unless your tutor knows how your school marks)
2. Most of the time, it's going to be not related to school

And no I don't go delta because it's too expensive and too far for me

If you want a private tutor then I'll link two here:

http://www.tutorfinder.com.au/tutors/detail.php?TutorID=74865
Janek Drevikovsky (just look on the tutoring classified forum lol)

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
A good private tutor would be a state ranker

Also there's this other state ranker (humanitieslover aka Anya from abbotsleigh) who offers tutoring as well so go and check her out (in the tutoring classified forum)

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
But dude if you're planning to go to Delta, then go there in term 4 of year 11 (aka term 1 year 12) because they've already started the year 11 course and you're going to find it difficult to catch up (unless you do something about it) lol

Mach_1

HSC
But dude if you're planning to go to Delta, then go there in term 4 of year 11 (aka term 1 year 12) because they've already started the year 11 course and you're going to find it difficult to catch up (unless you do something about it) lol
No way im going delta. I already go to ignition

Mach_1

HSC
why not lol? Is it too epensive?

How's ignition?
Yeh way too expensive. Especially since i go maths and used to go science tutoring as well. Going to ny second lesson today since i just moved here from compass english. Tbh first impreasions could have been better-teacher wastes time by making us read texts together as a class wtf. But cant really say much atm. Will see in the future

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)