Who despises english advanced already? (1 Viewer)

SchoolCertifica

HSC
I loved english all the wy up until now. Im in Year 11, AND I HATE ENGLISH!

I have to do a assessment on Judith Wright's poem "Legend". I havent heard it until right now, and I cant stand it. Its driving me insane.

I need help.

Please?

Mr Incredbile

HSC
Ohh I hate it >.<

I think that is why they made english compulsory because it is so crap and no one would do it ^_^

Kidding :p

KWANNIE

HSC
If you don't like english advanced just drop to standard.
People who don't like english shouldn't force themselves to do english advanced.

BiancaMaree

HSC
urgh; we are doing journeys still. and starting othello like next week i think :| so over it. boring!

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
People who don't like english shouldn't force themselves to do english advanced.
40% of the content of English Standard and Advanced is exactly the same.

To the question, I DO despise English Advanced.

snazzshazz

HSC
Oh my goodness, I'm glad someone else feels the same.
I ABSOLUTELY HATE IT!
we're comparing ovid's metamorphoses poetry to an imaginary life by david malouf, um one word: BORING!
it's soo crap, to make it all better i've got an essay on it due in a week and i don't know zilch about it and haven't started.

english is the worst right now, boo

Matt2233

HSC

This. No one is forcing you to do advanced. If you despise it so much why not drop to standard. If you don't like advanced you'd probably be better of in standard where you could get away with doing minimal work...

k-k-kim

HSC
I've always hated english! were learning about Journeys using The Tempest. :mad1:
In extension they're studying about romanticism; vampires

HSC
im totally gonna film myself burning the AOS texts after my HSC

and ill post it on youtube like many have done so before me

its a rite of passage

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
I've always hated english! were learning about Journeys using The Tempest. :mad1:
In extension they're studying about romanticism; vampires
Well Advanced is always far shitter then Extension 1 and 2.
We're doing so much fun stuff in Extension 1, Elizabeth, Orlando and 12th Night :)
And last year for it we did revenge tragedy... yay :) If you ever want to see a creepy movie, see The Revenger's Tragedy with Christopher Eccleston.

steph xx

HSC
Well Advanced is always far shitter then Extension 1 and 2.
We're doing so much fun stuff in Extension 1, Elizabeth, Orlando and 12th Night :)
And last year for it we did revenge tragedy... yay :) If you ever want to see a creepy movie, see The Revenger's Tragedy with Christopher Eccleston.
i agree. i am beginning to find advanced very dry. however, i adore english extension and advanced has nothing on it, literacy-wise.

we study far better texts, our essays are very interesting and layered and it is completely different to advanced.

Holly M

HSC
Oh My God! You cannot possibly imagine how much i despise this subject!
I have always severely disliked English (mostly because of really shitty teachers all through schooling) now we have a decent teacher (well he's a nice person... but a pretty hopeless teacher for me).

This year's english makes my brain explode! I don't understand it! I was always fairly OK at english even though i hated it, but that was when there was some pattern to it! Now it's so bloody airy-fairy and arty and bullshit! (No offense or anything, it's just i am a very mathematical and logical person who does not do art and such.) My brain just doesn't work like that!

We keep watching movies and viewing texts he expects us to be able to de-construct it and analyse it (which i guess i can do) but then he just loves all this abstract shit (the stuff i hate about english) it so... nothing. It's like he's pulling it all out of his arse.

I cannot bullshit answers if my life depended on it. Tomorrow we have an in class essay on Sharin Neshat and conflict. I am going to fail so badly, my brain just implodes trying to comprehend where to start.

This is driving me crazy because it takes up so much of my time and i really want to do well! I don't want English to destroy my other marks, (and ATAR and such).

I am doing Ext 1 English as well (Don't ask me the logic in that), it it's way better than advanced, but still hard and annoying. I will probably have to drop it because of the time it will consume... no such luck with advanced though!

I am a good student, but as if HSC wouldn't be hard enough already, english is just destroying my soul. I really don't want to do badly, but my brain simply doesn't work that way.

:( (Sorry if this rant sounded a bit stupid, i'm just letting off steam, also sorry for the length!)

Elamodie

HSC
why does everyone hate it? english advanced is really good. seriously, were doing identity (Ok i hate the concept) but we just finished othello which is amazing :)
eng ext is shit cause my teacher doesnt take it seriously- wea re doing friggen fairytales and hes a lazy shit.
but i love english advanced, its not hard!!

t00l

HSC
english is awesome. its like math. writing essays is just like an equation and being able to answer how you believe rather than just the " right answer" is much more fulfillling. (although it might not get u better marks)

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
English: A subject for which you can never walk in completely confident for its exam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)