Who despises english advanced already? (1 Viewer)

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
dzzlng_07 said:
thats what im doing too.. TS elliot and modernism etc... so0o0o boring!!
Ahaha, we read a TS Elliot poem last year (my teacher said it was for fun, lol), meh, it was strange and bland and stuff :confused:

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
Boxxxhead said:
Yep SoulSearcher I got Faro.

We never did that exam assessment you're talking about... we had one but it was a comprehension and later in the year.

Good luck everybody with your English assessments :)
Hmm ok then, its more of a short answer questions/creative response test and you have to find 2 other supplementary materials for the short answer section.

gadbil

DALAL*****DALAL
HSC
We have three assessments for english all revolving the theme 'changing perspectives'. One of them is writing a narrative/story that has the theme changing perspectives so i'm trying to think of a good/interesting plot.

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
Just finished an assessment last Thursday, and look at this: another assessment on poetry (takes up 15% weighting) about changing (I'd be doing Judith Wright) on 20 Mar, and a stimulus booklet where we need to analyse three texts of our own choise plus another text about changing composed by ourselves. Ahh great. What can I make up that is somewhat relevant to 'changing'?? :S

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC
english advanced is boring. we're doing othello. it's alright actually but english has been my least favourite subject since year 7.

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
gadbil said:
We have three assessments for english all revolving the theme 'changing perspectives'.
airie said:
Just finished an assessment last Thursday, and look at this: another assessment on poetry (takes up 15% weighting) about changing (I'd be doing Judith Wright) on 20 Mar, and a stimulus booklet where we need to analyse three texts of our own choise plus another text about changing composed by ourselves.
Is it me or does English have a thing with the number 'three'?

HSC
It's just you...

Just kidding! :) All last year, our teacher kept telling us that "three" was the magic number, and always to use three different techniques when answering questions. I'm sure she told us other things about "three" but i forgot.

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
I loved TS Elliots Poetry. [EE1 prelim]

I hated Othello
I hated Change
I hated Sense and Sensibility

I hate Journeys

Frontlines fun though
and doing Heart of Darkness and Crime Fiction [Yr11 EE1 + Yr 12 EE2 respectively] is also much funness
Loving Ee2 :D

EE1 knocks the pance off Adv. Eng anyday.

Pubert

HSC
luscious-llama said:
I loved TS Elliots Poetry. [EE1 prelim]

I hated Othello
I hated Change
I hated Sense and Sensibility

I hate Journeys

Frontlines fun though
and doing Heart of Darkness and Crime Fiction [Yr11 EE1 + Yr 12 EE2 respectively] is also much funness
Loving Ee2 :D

EE1 knocks the pance off Adv. Eng anyday.
I am beginning to realise that EXT1 is nothing like advanced in terms of enjoyment.

Mamma Bear

HSC
N/A
I agree. Advanced English is toughh!!!!!!:mad1: My tip for the day: take it in small but regular doses. Build up your immunity to the 'yucky' aspects and go for glory. It's only a couple of months and then you won't have to do any more Advanced e
English. :bomb:

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
m0ofin said:
Is it me or does English have a thing with the number 'three'?
Well what do you know, apart from the fact that I have to find three supplementary texts, we have three assessment tasks on the AoS 'Changing', one's already done and the coming two are three days apart, and yesterday, after the English lesson, my English teacher asked us to analyse this poem of Judith Wright explaining three techniques used in-depth. So there you go. Oh, and have I mentioned the fact that a typical analysis of mine is three pages long? :p

HSC
airie said:
Well what do you know, apart from the fact that I have to find three supplementary texts, we have three assessment tasks on the AoS 'Changing', one's already done and the coming two are three days apart, and yesterday, after the English lesson, my English teacher asked us to analyse this poem of Judith Wright explaining three techniques used in-depth. So there you go. Oh, and have I mentioned the fact that a typical analysis of mine is three pages long? :p
Hahaha!! :lol:

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
So far, I'm loving Advance English because I'm doing well in it depsite it being boring. First assignment, I got full marks. BOO YEAH!

The only thing I'm dreading is Extension English which is the most CONFUSING subject I have ever taken in my life. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)