Who has atar expectations which they dont think are attainable? (2 Viewers)

HelenaJean

HSC
i just want to get into university, ATAR won't mean a fucking thing once i'm in.

effylove

carpe vinum
HSC
Found out today, my dad expects *cough* and threatened*cough* me to get no less than 97+ because he knows what IQ I have (he makes me get tested once every two years by a psych) and because noone in my family has gotten below mid 90's yet :(

In forsight I'm partly to blame as I've done nothing but fuel his dream throughout the year, by bringing home all the good assessments and none of the bad ones/ hiding my report cards...

The day the Atar's come out, don't be suprised if you see a report of an 18 year old girl brutally murdered by their dad on their news ;)

Vidhya

HSC
I will greatly fulfil the expectations of my future employers and be the best garbageman you eva seen bro (Y)

apollo1

Banned
HSC
Found out today, my dad expects *cough* and threatened*cough* me to get no less than 97+ because he knows what IQ I have (he makes me get tested once every two years by a psych) and because noone in my family has gotten below mid 90's yet :(

In forsight I'm partly to blame as I've done nothing but fuel his dream throughout the year, by bringing home all the good assessments and none of the bad ones/ hiding my report cards...

The day the Atar's come out, don't be suprised if you see a report of an 18 year old girl brutally murdered by their dad on their news ;)
why are you worried about wat ur dad thinks. u shuld be working towards your own future.

b3kh1t

HSC
lol I came home from school where I received an maths 4u result, got 94. This is how my conversation with my mum went;

Me: guess what mum
Mum: what? what???
Me: I got my 4 unit result back *smile* I got 94 from 100
Mum: 94 !!!! where did the other 6 go??

lol it burns

effylove

carpe vinum
HSC
why are you worried about wat ur dad thinks. u shuld be working towards your own future.
Oh I am, I realised the only point of the atar is too get into uni, sorta making every mark you get above the requirement a waste.
And since my course req. is 83 I'm pretty chilled.

I'm only worried because he's an irrational arsehole and a lawyer (so he's good at passive agressive verbal abuse) and I can imagine he'll stop talking to me for at least a week if (and when) I get below 90 because I'm so cbf about it all.

effylove

carpe vinum
HSC
lol I came home from school where I received an maths 4u result, got 94. This is how my conversation with my mum went;

lol it burns
This makes me sad :'(

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

lol it burns
this is the norm, you're not alone

hotmess

HSC

lol it burns
if it makes you feel any better, i'm uber impressed, and jealous :O

13abie

HSC
My dad wants me to get 99+
My mom wants me to drop out and become an actor.

no matter what I'm going to please one of them

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
lol well i'm sure our parents will be happy when they see the final results. Besides it's probably them trying to motivate us to do better (I hope lol) which fails.
yeah it kind of is, it's like reverse motivation which doesn't really work hahaha

My dad wants me to get 99+
My mom wants me to drop out and become an actor.

no matter what I'm going to please one of them
well since you're on bos, i'm assuming it's the former?

RookieLaw

Audit.
HSC

lol it burns
LOL, your parents sound asian no offense :|

My dad would always say the same thing! if not worse.. i'd get 100% and they'd still complain.

b3kh1t

HSC
LOL, your parents sound asian no offense :|

My dad would always say the same thing! if not worse.. i'd get 100% and they'd still complain.
actually my parents are Egyptian and if I get 100% they will actually say congrats but then do that in everything else

M

MichelleV

I think my parents would be happy if I got over 80.
I'd be ecstatic if I got over 90 though.
I probably won't, but I can dream, eh? :D

musing

HSC
Hahahah my parents think I can't even get over 90.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)