• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Who has said "I LOVE YOU"? (1 Viewer)

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i have said it a few times, but ive never been in love. i thought i was once or twice, but i was mistaken.

now i just hate men.

oh2sxc

HSC
or just don't say it at all?
no one can be in love at the age of 16 17 18 19 it's dead set impossible unless you have known eachother since you were 1 and were bound to get married from day 1 but when u meet someone and u feel for them it sure as hell isn't love at our age.. and if it is then you need to slow down your drug use... i've said it once and then after it felt stupid as anything its dead set impossible

bernz

Hungry. Feed me.
HSC
oh2sxc said:
no one can be in love at the age of 16 17 18 19 it's dead set impossible unless you have known eachother since you were 1 and were bound to get married from day 1
What you've just said concerns me.

First, you've ruled out any possibility of love from the ages of 16-19. It does happen, and I've seen it happen. With at least two couples.

And second, people don't have to know each other for a long time to be in love. Think about it, couples who have been together for decades had once only known each other for a day, only been out on one date together, etc.

Just because you haven't been in love, doesn't mean that nobody can.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
oh2sxc said:
no one can be in love at the age of 16 17 18 19 it's dead set impossible unless you have known eachother since you were 1 and were bound to get married from day 1 but when u meet someone and u feel for them it sure as hell isn't love at our age.. and if it is then you need to slow down your drug use... i've said it once and then after it felt stupid as anything its dead set impossible
we are capable of feeling love at those ages. yes, love at 16 is different to love at 19, i can account for that. i liked the guy for 3 years, and i was 17 when i told him i loved him, and it was dead set love.

but i know that the love i have for my husband (whoever he may be, hopefully in many years time) will be much deeper than the love i felt at 17.

Enoch

ur a closet enoch-sexual!
HSC
...no wen ur a teen ....ur not feeling love...ur feeling ur dik rise...

...nd chix...its not love..its infatuation...

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
I used to be extremely pessimistic in regards to "I love you"s at a young age. Whenever I heard a seventeen year old say they were in love, my response was always "Pfft, how can they be in love? They don't know shit" (yes, including the colourful language).

I'm seventeen now, and completely and utterly crazy in love with my bf of 8 months. I can see marriage/kids/white picket fence. You can tell me it's infatuation or lust or whatever the hell you want, but it's what I feel and it's right for me. That's all that matters.

In regards to the first post, he probably jumped the gun a little :p. Chances are you'll feel it when it's real, so just sit back and enjoy the ride.

Enoch

HSC
...uve watched WAAAY too many romantic movies and teen girlly mags....

ur 17....ur NOT gonna sustain the relationship for say 5+ yrs....nd im prety sure hes gonna break it off....

wot is with girls and being sooo optimistic "im in love"....no its just that uve been brainwashed by movies that occur in a perfect world where there is " love between 2 ppl and it lasts a lifetime" and then u girls spread this fantasy between u wen u get together and u secretly HOPE that its gonna be u hu falls in "LOVE"...so once u found a bf....u then think ur in love...no this is just infatuation and a brainwash pressured mentality into a state where u believe ur in "LOVE"...and u think that its a prefect world and that ur gonna live happily ever after...how many childhood couples have u honeslty seen???enjoy it whilst it lasts ,...cos it wont be for ever

its not a perfect world and far from it...and once u do actually get married...u only have a 66 percent chance of not divorcing....

bernz

Hungry. Feed me.
HSC
enoch said:

ur 17....ur NOT gonna sustain the relationship for say 5+ yrs....nd im prety sure hes gonna break it off....

wot is with girls and being sooo optimistic "im in love"....no its just that uve been brainwashed by movies that occur in a perfect world where there is " love between 2 ppl and it lasts a lifetime" and then u girls spread this fantasy between u wen u get together and u secretly HOPE that its gonna be u hu falls in "LOVE"...so once u found a bf....u then think ur in love...no this is just infatuation and a brainwash pressured mentality into a state where u believe ur in "LOVE"...and u think that its a prefect world and that ur gonna live happily ever after...how many childhood couples have u honeslty seen???enjoy it whilst it lasts ,...cos it wont be for ever

its not a perfect world and far from it...and once u do actually get married...u only have a 66 percent chance of not divorcing....
You pessimistic bastard. Call those on your side realists, call thos on my side delusional, whatever, I don't care.

The world isn't perfect, but people do fall in love. It happens. Get your big head around it.

How would you know what girls talk about between themselves? Have you been there yourself? I'd like to know.

For the record: it's not just (some) girls, (some) guys can be all "I'm in love" too. One of my really close friends is/was like that, poor guy is still lovesick and trying to get over that itch.

My boyfriend and I talk seriously about a long term future, as do a lot of couples I know with people my age involved (18ish). And I do realise that there is a chance, and that the chance may be large, that we will not make it to that "happily ever after", but you can't say that this doesn't make it love. I do not love him because he is the "prince charming" of the chick flick that is my life, far from it. Yes, he is a gentleman, and while he embodies all the traits that I look for in a man, he is not just my boyfriend, but he is also my best friend. We share lame jokes (particularly, bad puns and consequent pun-offs), we study together, we do housework together (when does the washing ever get done in a chick flick?)... And not because we think that by doing these things, we can ensure "forever", but because we enjoy each other's company.

In short, people have the right to be happy, if you can't find happiness with another person, don't try to ruin it for people who have.

And as an aside, Enoch, seventy.

Enoch

HSC
its ok...uve been brainwashed...

"love" is sooo superficial in teens...its cos ofthose gay movies/chikflix and this has been boosted due to the influx of shithouse films starring hilary duff and lindsay lohan and other gay movies....its soo phoney...y dont guys (the ones with balls and play contact sport) say that loveydovey stuff???cos they dont watch crappy hilary duff movies...we havent been brainwashed by set-up-lives where it randomly starts raining wen peoples "love" is comprimised, where somehow when there is a brother and sister...the sister is always older, where wen people are at home they have makeup on and are in really nice clothes, where ur neighbours are always happy, the grass is always green and trimmed perfectly, girls (usually the protagonist) keeping diaries and writing in their diaries with fluffy tipped pens, and girls r never shown on the computer and chatting on net or woteva...always on the phone ....

HSC
ok riteo, moving on, back to me. hehe

my bf is 21 do u think its still his 'dick rising? coz he has past that '16-19' age gap where 'u can't b in love'.

could it be possible that he 'loves me' at 21?

are guys even that much more mature at 21 than at 17/18? coz i havent seen any difference with my bf.

Does the 'dick' rule most of his life?

Snow Pea!

Touch it Bring it Pay it
HSC
Copacabana NYC said:
ok riteo, moving on, back to me. hehe

my bf is 21 do u think its still his 'dick rising? coz he has past that '16-19' age gap where 'u can't b in love'.

could it be possible that he 'loves me' at 21?

are guys even that much more mature at 21 than at 17/18? coz i havent seen any difference with my bf.

Does the 'dick' rule most of his life?
nope:)

he could have still loved u when he was younger.. there isnt any particular age methinks.. its just when it feels right..

mandylee

HSC
Lol... I think it is highly possible that he does love you, and I personally believe that you cannot put a blanket definition on love - it depends on the individual. You can't say just because someone is 17 they aren't mature enough to love someone else - there are many people who are 16 that are more mature than older people.

I have said it... my boyfriend and I have been going out for a year nearly, and just because we are younger doesn't mean we don't have the same depth of feeling that someone 30 would have. People a few centuries ago were expected to be married, with kids, and optimally in love by the age of 17... again, it depends on the individual!

Enoch

HSC
bernz said:
In conclusion, Enoch is a d!ckweed.

no im just telling it as it is..
and btw
errr...hypocrit
look at ur sig
" sex is like snow; you never know how many inches you'll get or how long it will last..."

ur pretending to be all lovey and dovey and "true love" thingo ...and then u have a sig which shouts out...sexually promiscuous(sp?)...

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
enoch said:
omg you must be WAY cool, can u like, omg, see into the future, coz like that would be so like totally awesome bro! and can you like mind-read people too? coz like i'd pay money to see what my future is going to be like :rolleyes:

hipPo3

HSC
enoch said:
no im just telling it as it is..
and btw
errr...hypocrit
look at ur sig
" sex is like snow; you never know how many inches you'll get or how long it will last..."

ur pretending to be all lovey and dovey and "true love" thingo ...and then u have a sig which shouts out...sexually promiscuous(sp?)...
wtf enoch ... u have such a bleaq view on everything

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
enoch said:

That's the most complete and utter bullshit i've ever heard in my life. My parents got married at 18 and 24, i don't see them getting a divorce any time soon. I've been with my bf for half a year and we've been friends for 1 year anyway we're getting married in a couple of years after uni, sure some people break-up with their bf's but that's not to say that all couples do, people like you make love seem so simple, but you probably don't even know the meaning of love anyway, and please do realise not all guys are careless idiots like you. My only advice to you and people who think like you would be to grow up, as in, get a brain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)