Why are atheists on this website always attacking Christianity? (2 Viewers)

banipal753

HSC
Go to the respective dominant contexts of the faiths you just mentioned and your lunch will also be cold

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Look man, the point is i get Christian belief forced on me every few days at uni and its hard not to feel resentment when every time instead leaving me alone when i say im not religious i get treated like a heroin addict in need of rehab.

banipal753

HSC
No one is responsible for this process :confused:
Things so complex just happen to manifest in complete randomness?

Look man, the point is i get Christian belief forced on me every few days at uni and its hard not to feel resentment when every time instead leaving me alone when i say im not religious i get treated like a heroin addict in need of rehab.
Im sympathetic for that, and i will admit i am guilty of doing so aswell, but my parents (Christians) grew up in Iraq and in school they were forced to learn about Mohamed and the Islamic faith, even though it was the LAST thing they wanted. My point is, such pressure is exhibited in all faiths, it just depends on where you are.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Yeah that's all when and good but we are supposed to be secular.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
There is nothing random about them. By your own admission you are not too god with biology, otherwise you would know that nothing manifests completely randomly. T

banipal753

HSC
There is nothing random about them. By your own admission you are not too god with biology, otherwise you would know that nothing manifests completely randomly. T
So who is to explain the reason why 'Cause A' happens the way it does and by 'Theory A' we have 'Effect A'.

Mudkip94

HSC
Religion is for dumb people who don't understand or accept science. The majority of the people who post here are smart.

banipal753

HSC
Religion is for dumb people who don't understand or accept science. The majority of the people who post here are smart.
1. I accept science, i accept the 'Big Bang Theory' as a likely possibility for creation and the creationist theory as a metaphor, however my faith resides in the One responsible for such phenomena.

2. It is a sign of ignorance to make such an assumption that all who post here are smart, you dont know everyone here and the term 'smart' is relative.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC

Im sympathetic for that, and i will admit i am guilty of doing so aswell, but my parents (Christians) grew up in Iraq and in school they were forced to learn about Mohamed and the Islamic faith, even though it was the LAST thing they wanted. My point is, such pressure is exhibited in all faiths, it just depends on where you are.
Macquarie University is supposed to be secular. And im not 'learning' about christianity when i get talked to by such groups, its more of a 'join us or else' vibe.

banipal753

HSC
I don't even know what you're talking about now.

Give an example.

Science explains the reason why Cause A happens ... :confused:
Okay, how was the human body created to be so complex that it can sustain itself, allow for emotions to be evoked, say for example when a virus enters the body, our body develops a resistance to the virus

how did such a biological process come about?

six demon bag

HSC
The worst kind of Athiests are those douchebags who say things like "I wish Christians would stop imposing their beliefs on me - God isn't real and you're an idiot if you think he is." I seriously actually know people who say things like that. It's a total hyposcrisy. I'm not any religion at all but I understand that it's peoples' own choices to believe what they want. I have a lot of friends that are christians, I can't recall one ever "forcing their beliefs down my throat", but for some reason, people seem to think that that's what all christians are about. I'm not saying all athiests are like that - it's only a tiny handful of people - I'm just saying people can believe what they want to believe.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
The worst kind of Athiests are those douchebags who say things like "I wish Christians would stop imposing their beliefs on me - God isn't real and you're an idiot if you think he is." I seriously actually know people who say things like that. It's a total hyposcrisy. I'm not any religion at all but I understand that it's peoples' own choices to believe what they want. I have a lot of friends that are christians, I can't recall one ever "forcing their beliefs down my throat", but for some reason, people seem to think that that's what all christians are about. I'm not saying all athiests are like that - it's only a tiny handful of people - I'm just saying people can believe what they want to believe.
I've never had an atheist turn up on my door at 8am on a Saturday and hand me a pamphlet saying atheists and homosexuals were going to hell.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Okay, how was the human body created to be so complex that it can sustain itself, allow for emotions to be evoked, say for example when a virus enters the body, our body develops a resistance to the virus

how did such a biological process come about?
Evolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You're asking me to try and explain how humans evolved from simple unicellular structures billions of years ago, to the complex form we know today. I cbf going into that right now, and I wouldn't be able to explain it completely given I'm not a molecular biologist. If you're really curious, go and have a read about it.

What it comes down to is that science doesn't believe these things just happened, and atheists don't believe that in order for these things to have happened they had to have been created by a "being". All that does is create more questions, like, where did that being come from?

Why is it so hard for you to believe that these complex systems didn't have a creator, or why are you so insistent on there having been a creator given how complex these systems are, when you can't even explain how this creator was created itself?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)