Why are atheists on this website always attacking Christianity? (1 Viewer)

J O K E R

HSC
Im sympathetic for that, and i will admit i am guilty of doing so aswell, but my parents (Christians) grew up in Iraq and in school they were forced to learn about Mohamed and the Islamic faith, even though it was the LAST thing they wanted. My point is, such pressure is exhibited in all faiths, it just depends on where you are.[/quote]

THIS IS COMPLETLEY DIFFERNET TO WHAT THE CHRISTIANS DO AS YOUR MOM WAS FORCED TO LAERN ISLAM AS A PART OF HER SCHOOL CURRICULUM. WHEREAS CHRISTIANS KNOCK ON PEOPLES DOORS AND TALK TO PEOPLE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET TO PEOPLE WHO DONT WANT TO BE BOTHERED.

banipal753

HSC
Well it is only human nature to ask questions, and you have posed a very good one, where did God come from? Christians believe he is perennial and omnipresent and therefore i cannot answer that question. But from the persepective of an atheist i see the logic in making such a statement. God, for me, has always existed, and always will.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Well it is only human nature to ask questions, and you have posed a very good one, where did God come from? Christians believe he is perennial and omnipresent and therefore i cannot answer that question. But from the persepective of an atheist i see the logic in making such a statement. God, for me, has always existed, and always will.
Well that's where I become thoroughly confused. You guys insist that everything on earth had to have been made by a creator due to the complex nature of living organisms, yet at the same time you maintain that God just exists.

banipal753

HSC
THIS IS COMPLETLEY DIFFERNET TO WHAT THE CHRISTIANS DO AS YOUR MOM WAS FORCED TO LAERN ISLAM AS A PART OF HER SCHOOL CURRICULUM. WHEREAS CHRISTIANS KNOCK ON PEOPLES DOORS AND TALK TO PEOPLE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET TO PEOPLE WHO DONT WANT TO BE BOTHERED.
You make it sound like a crime, they are merely excited about finding their spiritual side and wish to engage the world. Id rather be preached to than mugged mate.

banipal753

HSC
Well that's where I become thoroughly confused. You guys insist that everything on earth had to have been made by a creator due to the complex nature of living organisms, yet at the same time you maintain that God just exists.
When i said he has always existed, i was replying to your question about how he came about, dont take my comments out of context. He has always existed and everything happens by His will. This is my belief.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
You make it sound like a crime, they are merely excited about finding their spiritual side and wish to engage the world. Id rather be preached to than mugged mate.
I'd rather be left alone, minding my own business than to be preached to or mugged. They're basically the same thing, a deprivation of liberty. It is my right as a human to be able to go about my daily business without being accosted by some imbecile who is excited because they've found their spiritual side.

Good for them, I don't care?

banipal753

HSC
I'd rather be left alone, minding my own business than to be preached to or mugged. They're basically the same thing, a deprivation of liberty. It is my right as a human to be able to go about my daily business without being accosted by some imbecile who is excited because they've found their spiritual side.

Good for them, I don't care?
So if you were to win the lotto, you would sit in the corner of a room by yourself and not be even slightly ecstatic?

For these people, finding their spiritual side is like winning the lotto, and they experience a unique feeling, this leads them to develop a desire to share that feeling with the world. Its like donating the lotto in minute segments to everyone they preach to

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
When i said he has always existed, i was replying to your question about how he came about, dont take my comments out of context. He has always existed and everything happens by His will. This is my belief.
It wasn't out of context because it was your answer proposed in different wording. It meant the exact same thing.

How is "he just exists" and "he exists because he has always existed". It means the same thing. You guys maintain that God exists because he has always existed, yet you cannot explain this beings existence or creation (given you don't believe he has a creation) ...

I've met Christians who all maintain that evolution and religion can go hand in hand, "I believe in the Big Bang but God created the big bang", "I believe in evolution but God created evolution". To believe in evolution is to accept that there is a common ancestor shared between many species ... The story of Adam and Eve entirely contradicts this notion, yet I don't see any Christians who are willing to reconcile their new found belief in science by rejecting the Adam and Eve story.

See where this is going? Whereby every single thing on earth can be explained by science, from the evolution of a species, to the working of the human body, to the so called miracles in the Bible ... you guys believe that some being that has always existed made these things happen because he is wonderful and all knowing...

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
So if you were to win the lotto, you would sit in the corner of a room by yourself and not be even slightly ecstatic?

For these people, finding their spiritual side is like winning the lotto, and they experience a unique feeling, this leads them to develop a desire to share that feeling with the world. Its like donating the lotto in minute segments to everyone they preach to
Of course not, I'd go and by myself a heap of ostentatious material possessions. I wouldn't go and knock on peoples doors or accost people in the street to tell them.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

world
HSC
I understand that Christianity is the dominant religion in Australia, but it is right also to acknowledge that Australia has a diversity in culture and faiths. For this reason i am bewildered as to WHY Christianity, moreso monotheistic faiths, are targeted? There are many other faiths out there atheists can target, like the immanent Buddhism and Hindu faiths, or perhaps atheists may decide to take a turn at questioning the "innovative" jediism faith emerging or the "Wiccan" faith (witches and stuff).

And i ask that you maintain your maturity in answering this question and not fire offensive remarks towards Christianity
Because Christianity is the most common religion.

banipal753

HSC
It wasn't out of context because it was your answer proposed in different wording. It meant the exact same thing.

How is "he just exists" and "he exists because he has always existed". It means the same thing. You guys maintain that God exists because he has always existed, yet you cannot explain this beings existence or creation (given you don't believe he has a creation) ...

I've met Christians who all maintain that evolution and religion can go hand in hand, "I believe in the Big Bang but God created the big bang", "I believe in evolution but God created evolution". To believe in evolution is to accept that there is a common ancestor shared between many species ... The story of Adam and Eve entirely contradicts this notion, yet I don't see any Christians who are willing to reconcile their new found belief in science by rejecting the Adam and Eve story.

See where this is going? Whereby every single thing on earth can be explained by science, from the evolution of a species, to the working of the human body, to the so called miracles in the Bible ... you guys believe that some being that has always existed made these things happen because he is wonderful and all knowing...
I reject the Adam and Eve Story, i also reject 99% of the Old Testament because it is all Jewish Propoganda, where they have God selecting a certain race to be the 'chosen race'. Thats all bullshit to me, but a Christian cannot rule out scientific phenomena, churches can, but they exist solely for financial revenue.

I cannot explain the fact that God has and will always exist because it is my faith, faith relies on belief without evidence. If we had solid proof for the existence of God, it would no longer be faith.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Ok, but you have to understand that people who are not religious, who do not share your beliefs do not enjoy being told that they will burn in hell unless they start worshiping a god they do not believe exists. They do not enjoy being shamelessly badgered about it long after this fact has been established.

It may not be a crime, but it can be extremely frustrating. Can you understand why people might get annoyed at this kind of behaviour?

banipal753

HSC
Ok, but you have to understand that people who are not religious, who do not share your beliefs do not enjoy being told that they will burn in hell unless they start worshiping a god they do not believe exists. They do not enjoy being shamelessly badgered about it long after this fact has been established.

It may not be a crime, but it can be extremely frustrating. Can you understand why people might get annoyed at this kind of behaviour?
Yes i see that it can get irritating, but once again i go back to my original point, it is not solely Christians that do such a thing, perhaps in our Australia context yes, but globally, its more than just us.

rashima22

HSC
"Im sympathetic for that, and i will admit i am guilty of doing so aswell, but my parents (Christians) grew up in Iraq and in school they were forced to learn about Mohamed and the Islamic faith, even though it was the LAST thing they wanted. My point is, such pressure is exhibited in all faiths, it just depends on where you are."
Dude, it was their choice to go to that school ......... i am sure there were christian schools in iraq if not then may there are some non religious schools......... they weren't forced to go there

i m a hindu and i have been in a catholic school since yr3 because chose to and not because people came and sat next to me and bored me to death by reading out the bible

Last edited:

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Yes i see that it can get irritating, but once again i go back to my original point, it is not solely Christians that do such a thing, perhaps in our Australia context yes, but globally, its more than just us.
I've never had a Wiccan or a Buddhist turn up on my door spouting their propaganda, and I don't think this happens in any other countries because it contravenes their beliefs. The Bible clearly states that Christians should go out and convert as many people as they can, and that it is their responsibility to spread the word of God/Jesus. Unfortunately, many Christians take everything in the Bible literally which is where the fundamentalists take their cue from.

Wiccans and Buddhists don't have a doctrine that forces them to expel their beliefs on unsuspecting passers by.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Your original post was in regards to an Australian context. I have only ever had christians 'preach' to me.

banipal753

HSC
Dude, it was their choice to go to that school ......... i am sure there were christian schools in iraq if not then may there are some non religious schools......... they weren't forced to go there

i m a hindu and i have been in a catholic school since yr3 because chose to and not because people came and sat next to me and bored me to death by reading out the bible
LOL, Christians churches get bombed in Iraq mate, trust me Muslim schools were the only available ones

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC

bahahaha.

see this is where christians piss me off the most.

just because you believe that you're giving someone else something good, doesn't mean they want to hear it. i would want to win the lotto five million percent more than i'd want to be 'enlightened' or preached at.

banipal753

HSC
I've never had a Wiccan or a Buddhist turn up on my door spouting their propaganda, and I don't think this happens in any other countries because it contravenes their beliefs. The Bible clearly states that Christians should go out and convert as many people as they can, and that it is their responsibility to spread the word of God/Jesus. Unfortunately, many Christians take everything in the Bible literally which is where the fundamentalists take their cue from.

Wiccans and Buddhists don't have a doctrine that forces them to expel their beliefs on unsuspecting passers by.
Do you know that for a fact?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)