Why are atheists on this website always attacking Christianity? (1 Viewer)

Sultun

Banned
HSC
N/A
Lol pretty sure he committed his atrocities in the name of God
You're 'pretty sure', well I'm certain that he was doing Satans (the Atheists) work and he proclaimed this in his many teaching which my Christians brothers (Iron, Teclics) have studied and presented. Hitler was put by God as a test to us faithful. God is loving but he must test his children, to sort the faithful from the defecters.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
You're 'pretty sure', well I'm certain that he was doing Satans (the Atheists) work and he proclaimed this in his many teaching which my Christians brothers (Iron, Teclics) have studied and presented. Hitler was put by God as a test to us faithful. God is loving but he must test his children, to sort the faithful from the defecters.
Okay

Hey, Satan was a p cool guy. eh only killed one dude and doesn't afraid of anything

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Why are you "lol pretty sure" Kway?

The fact is that his is a good example as to why the world needs the Church. You cant have individuals running around calling themselves what they like with no solid reference to a creed or even community of like-minded persons. You need to be introduced into a Christian Church thru baptism and acceptance of the creed if you want to call yourself a member of the faith imo.
Any Christian will tell you that Hitler's 'Christian' views were the most fundamental perversion of Christ's message that there could be... Why does this keep coming up?

Sultun

Banned
HSC
N/A
Why are you "lol pretty sure" Kway?

The fact is that his is a good example as to why the world needs the Church. You cant have individuals running around calling themselves what they like with no solid reference to a creed or even community of like-minded persons. You need to be introduced into a Christian Church thru baptism and acceptance of the creed if you want to call yourself a member of the faith imo.
Any Christian will tell you that Hitler's 'Christian' views were the most fundamental perversion of Christ's message that there could be... Why does this keep coming up?
Agreed. The Church is the way. Why is it so hard for other to see this Brother Iron? If I were in charge i would appoint you my comrade inquisitor and we would make them see Gods Grace.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
nobody suspects the iron inquisition..

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
Man read A Brief History of Time I can't abstract it enough to explain what I mean properly, your view is based on the concept of time that we are used to, but that breaks down at the big bang and so asking what was before it doesn't make sense. the universe as a singularity just existed and there was a big bang.

Quite simply though, why can't the universe just exist but god can?
Will look into it and report my findings :p

You say that the book goes into how asking what was before the big bang doesn't make sense, but does it ever go into why exploring such an area doesn't make sense? It makes perfect sense to me. By exploring what was before and how the Universe came to be, we could even be answering the meaning of life as this could lead onto 'when will it all end?' and 'when it ends, will it 'restart' again?' Or have you just abstracted it incorrectly and I've misunderstood?

The stuff sparks my curiosity but I'm not particularly obsessed with it, so might take a while xD

And to your question, what I was sort of getting at is that God might exist because the Universe exists.

John McCain

Horse liberty
HSC
N/A
Eugenics and German nationalism is the answer you're looking for.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Eugenics has very little to do with Darwinian Natural Selection, except that it happens to involve the gene pool

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A
So he got rid of mentally ill and disabled people in the name of God? Sounds like something someone who wanted to 'accelerate' natural selection would do. But meh.
Then it would be artificial selection:

Also known as Eugenics.

Eugenics and artificial selection came before darwinian theory, just because they are used as a form of evidence to support it does not mean they are 'inherently darwinian' and derived from Darwin.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Then it would be artificial selection:

Also known as Eugenics.

Eugenics and artificial selection came before darwinian theory, just because they are used as a form of evidence to support it does not mean they are 'inherently darwinian' and derived from Darwin.
Plato's Republic perhaps?

Optimus Prime

Electric Beats
Wherevr sentient beings are being mistreated
HSC
Will look into it and report my findings :p

You say that the book goes into how asking what was before the big bang doesn't make sense, but does it ever go into why exploring such an area doesn't make sense? It makes perfect sense to me. By exploring what was before and how the Universe came to be, we could even be answering the meaning of life as this could lead onto 'when will it all end?' and 'when it ends, will it 'restart' again?' Or have you just abstracted it incorrectly and I've misunderstood?

The stuff sparks my curiosity but I'm not particularly obsessed with it, so might take a while xD

And to your question, what I was sort of getting at is that God might exist because the Universe exists.
No you're interpretting me wrong. You're still suggesting we explore what happened before time existed, which is inherently impossible. There is no timeline where nothing exists and then the universe appears. Time and space begin at the same time. You CAN'T have something happen before time.

Optimus Prime

Electric Beats
Wherevr sentient beings are being mistreated
HSC
I dont understand this criticism. We live in a democracy and our laws reflect the will of the majority. If the majority want Christian-friendly laws, then gr8. But the Church doesnt insist on this and we make no effort to govern. Certainly we make our case forcefully in society, but much of the 'Christian law' you complain about, in this country anyway, is based on sound natural law about the dignity of life, the value of personal property, the right to equality before the law etc. Most people would not bother to argue with the whole swag of what Christians approve of in a legal-political sense; they are truths which are virtually self-evident.

We acknowledge Christ as both head of the Church and all government, but these two can only be united in the next world. The Church cannot govern and it must not govern. Your issue is with the Australian people, not us.
Because the law isn't supposed to reflect the will of the majority it is supposed to uphold justice and be based on reason. Immediately you are contradicting yourself. Where is the equality before the law in the case of gay marriage? You say that you value the dignity of life yet the right of a minute foetus overules the dignity of a woman. Furthermore the populist christian view is would no doubt maintain that the death penalty should still be in place.

This is without getting into other associated issues, such as pedophilia within the catholic church; and ignoring the fact that the bible says that only god should pass judgements.

Abiloey

HSC
No you're interpretting me wrong. You're still suggesting we explore what happened before time existed, which is inherently impossible. There is no timeline where nothing exists and then the universe appears. Time and space begin at the same time. You CAN'T have something happen before time.
Isn't this only in the context of time? As before implies a certain time-frame. Look up quantum fluctuations, only a theory but sounds pretty valid.
A foetus's right to live overrules a woman's dignity.
I thought the Christian view was that only God has the right to judge whether a person lives or not. Wouldn't that mean that they'd be against the death penalty?
Just Speculating.

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
I understand that Christianity is the dominant religion in Australia, but it is right also to acknowledge that Australia has a diversity in culture and faiths. For this reason i am bewildered as to WHY Christianity, moreso monotheistic faiths, are targeted? There are many other faiths out there atheists can target, like the immanent Buddhism and Hindu faiths, or perhaps atheists may decide to take a turn at questioning the "innovative" jediism faith emerging or the "Wiccan" faith (witches and stuff).

And i ask that you maintain your maturity in answering this question and not fire offensive remarks towards Christianity
i don't discriminate...i hate all religions with a "supreme being"...especially islam

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
How come?
because there is no such thing as "god"...its pretty darn obvious...if i said i saw a leprachaun would you believe me? no because its a creation from a folktale...and so is "god"...just because its written doesnt make it true...the bible is the best selling fictional novel ever...and its a boring story

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)