Why do people cheat? (1 Viewer)

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
well there's a difference between loving your partner and being IN love with your partner. the former just doesn't produce that spark the way it use to.

MaryJane said:
Excitement. Heat of the moment. Passion. It makes your heart skip a thousand beats and makes you feel appreciated, sexy, naughty...
also another big reason.

Dil myster

HSC
It's human nature.. we do cause we can and we like the chase.. it's not natural for us to only have one partner, we are animals after all ( but l don't condone it ). There is temptation everywhere.. it's all down to whether you have the strength to say no.

gna

HSC
depends how hot the chick is and how often she would put out or if its just a one night stand.

jk personally i wouldn't do it at all.

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
gna said:
depends how hot the chick is and how often she would put out or if its just a one night stand.
GNA. Gender=Female.
Is that you again, Mattycoss??

In my opinion people have a threshhold which'd say how much they'd have to be tempted before they would cheat... might be high for moral reasons, or low for pleasure reasons, but it's there nonetheless. I know it's easy to say that I'd not cheat, while I'm sitting here at my desk, not tempted, but it'd be notably different when the opportunity's there: situation would be closer, relatively, to my threshhold (or anyone's) than sitting at your desk alone...

In my experience and observation, it's not till you've done it that you know -- with much confidence -- whether you'd do it again...

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
Dil myster said:
It's human nature.. we do cause we can and we like the chase.. it's not natural for us to only have one partner, we are animals after all ( but l don't condone it ). There is temptation everywhere.. it's all down to whether you have the strength to say no.

everyone likes to think its human nature, but the thread asked if you are in love why do people cheat

initially my response is that they are not in love because if you were in love you would adhere to being in a monogamous relationship with someone and wouldnt want to hurt their feelings for your own desires, im sure other people have them too...but dont act on them

i doubt any of the people on bos would be in love, even at an early age because to me it is increasingly becoming obvious people fall in and out of love so bloody easily in this day and age

the only thing i guess which is a true indicator of love is the test of time and maybe your actions, and what good is it if you betray your actions of affection by cheating?

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
When you're in a relationship you hate and for some reason can't get out of... and the perfect guy comes along.

But then you move cities :p

Riddles

4th Gen. Ford Supporter
good question! u can ask me that if we get there
HSC
there r many reasons y ppl cheat.
a) they could feel insecure
b) they're not getting what they want from the relationship
c) they're either a really cruel bitch or a really cruel arsehole
d) they lack the part of the brain that enables them to see if they're hurting someone
e) they r plain stupid
f) to horny
g) all of the above

my girlfirend in like yr 6 was in the (g) category

Tuggi3

Vicious and Delicious
HSC
Sometimes cheating doesn't have to be detrimental to a relationship either...

The act of cheating can sometimes prove to you how much you really do love your partner...experiencing something else can just cement the feelings you thought you have and prove them...

If that makes sense....

Eg: When I cheated (i know bad girl), all it did was prove to me how much I loved my bf.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Riddles said:
there r many reasons y ppl cheat.
a) they could feel insecure
b) they're not getting what they want from the relationship
c) they're either a really cruel bitch or a really cruel arsehole
d) they lack the part of the brain that enables them to see if they're hurting someone
e) they r plain stupid
f) to horny
g) all of the above

my girlfirend in like yr 6 was in the (g) category
I didn't even know what horny meant in year 6.

denise_

So fetch!
HSC
yenta said:
I can't understand why anyone would cheat on their boyfriend/girlfriend if they love them. I know many people cheat cos they don't love them/are bored with them, whatever, but I know a couple of guys who said they totally loved their gfs yet have cheated on them. One guy cheated on his 3 times despite saying she's the only girl he's ever loved. They broke up like a yr ago but he says he still loves her. I just don't understand!
okay.. welps.. i've been reading "he's just not that into you" and as far as im concerned a guy who cheats on his girlfriend is just not that into her. if he really loved her he would not betray her trust and go off with another chick. there are amany other ways to relive boredom in a relationship. if he felt as tho he WAS bored he would've talked to her abt it. but relationships cant ALWAYS be action packed. a guy would rather get run over by a truck ten times then to tell her what he really felt and broke her little red heart into pieces. the girl is silly if her boyf cheated on her not once, not twice but THREE TIMES! like.. she deserves much better and she should realise that once a cheater, always a cheater.

Steven12

Lord Chubbington
HSC
its in your genes i reckon, every person has the desire to reproduce with as many partners as possible to ensure that their genes are passed on.........

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Steven12 said:
its in your genes i reckon, every person has the desire to reproduce with as many partners as possible to ensure that their genes are passed on.........
Thats right, darling. Its called evolution. See Skittled's post earlier on about this (he loves his psych).

50Cent

The Protege
HSC
while other people have aids and feel the need to send it to everyone, but saying that everyone feels the need to reproduce to have their genres in everyone, i never really thought about it like that, eventually wouldnt it all come around and you would be like screwing ur bro or sis or kid?

hurrotisrobbo

Cabbage
HSC
50Cent said:
<snip> ...eventually wouldnt it all come around and you would be like screwing ur bro or sis or kid?
Or not. Ignoring everything else and only taking genetic diversity into consideration - your brother/sister or child is going to have similar genes, so there isn't much point.

I think the 'evolution' excuse above is utter shit, but there you go.

In response to the topic: Because they're unfaithful twits. Either be faithful and stick with the person, or break up. None of this behind-their-backs sly bullshit.

Thus concludes the tirade.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
statistics show that:

Women cheat on men because they are emotionally unstable, stressed, depressed, overworked... etc. they are usually not thinking straight and need to escape from their life for a short while. therefore they make the wrong decision and sleep with someone else.

Men cheat on women because they can't turn down sex.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)