Wimbledon 2009 !!! (1 Viewer)

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
I'm fucking gutted. Can't imagine how terrible Roddick feels right now. Did you guys see Roddick's reaction when Federer said "don't worry, Andy, I know what it's like to lose in a tight match. I did it last year" and you could lip read Roddick saying something like "yeah, you've already won it 5 times already though"
Yeah I was wondering about that. I'm a fan of Federer, but you have to feel sorry for Roddick. He put in such a fine effort. Btw, did anyone else notice that Federer may have served more than 51 aces last night in that match?

HSC
I think everybody did - but Roddick's serve was ridiculous last night (throughout the entire tournament in fact). Definitely the best I've seen him play.

It feels like there should be two Wimbeldon champions this year :(

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
I think everybody did - but Roddick's serve was ridiculous last night (throughout the entire tournament in fact). Definitely the best I've seen him play.

It feels like there should be two Wimbeldon champions this year :(
Did you notice Roddick's playstyle changing abit?

He has more top spin in his forehand and his backhand is now more defensive, he barely actually takes a swing but instead uses it to set up points. Alot less rambo unlike his previous tournaments, where imo his backhand let him down

Lentern

HSC
I'm fucking gutted. Can't imagine how terrible Roddick feels right now. Did you guys see Roddick's reaction when Federer said "don't worry, Andy, I know what it's like to lose in a tight match. I did it last year" and you could lip read Roddick saying something like "yeah, you've already won it 5 times already though"

4am and I can't see myself getting some sleep any time soon
I'm pretty sure it was an attempt from Roddick to be jovial and graceful, it didn't quite come off as he hoped because he was choking back too much emotion but it certainly wasn't hostile, I think Federers comment was a slip of the tongue, didn't come out how he hoped. Reminds me of Boris Becker when he said somethign like "you know Kevin played a great match and really deserved to be here but I played better".

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
I'm pretty sure it was an attempt from Roddick to be jovial and graceful, it didn't quite come off as he hoped because he was choking back too much emotion but it certainly wasn't hostile, I think Federers comment was a slip of the tongue, didn't come out how he hoped. Reminds me of Boris Becker when he said somethign like "you know Kevin played a great match and really deserved to be here but I played better".
fed always has slip ups though :p

Predator78

HSC
Was one great match though.
Probs just beat the match last year, barely though.
I did think Roddick was very good though and will be even better in the US Open later on this year.

Lentern

HSC
Last years final was infinitely better in terms of quality imo.
It was more exciting because it had rallies and thus we saw alot more grand shots played but last night was a display of clinical, expert serving that snuffed out any chance of breaks from the start. It's at times boring but it was first rate quality last year there were many mistakes from both players that allowed the other to hold on. This year there were about half a dozen major blunders in the whole match.

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
lol @ roddick trying to imitate Nadal with the loopy forehands.

THE Only human who can defeat federer in this DIMENSION is Nadal . Only because he can SMASH fed's backhand. They are Yin and Yang. NOW that Nadal is on the way out due to his No-holds-barred playing style, we can now enjoy the Glory that is Federer. Long LIVE THE KING!

ozzievictor

Such is HSC
HSC
Anyone notice that the sun shone in Roddick's eyes in the final game before. He was clearly blinded and too tired to make any adjustment. Federer was standing in black shadow and Roddick was blinded by sun refracting off the roof at an acute angle. I suppose it was always going to end with something like that but I noticed on tonight's news they had adjusted the video of the final game to reduce glare. Last night live it looked like Roddick was about to ascend to Heavan. He was clearly disorientated in the glare - luck of the draw!

TehAzner

HSC
N/A

THE Only human who can defeat federer in this DIMENSION is Nadal . Only because he can SMASH fed's backhand. They are Yin and Yang. NOW that Nadal is on the way out due to his No-holds-barred playing style, we can now enjoy the Glory that is Federer. Long LIVE THE KING!
lolol I like your post. Reps for you.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
Anyone notice that the sun shone in Roddick's eyes in the final game before. He was clearly blinded and too tired to make any adjustment. Federer was standing in black shadow and Roddick was blinded by sun refracting off the roof at an acute angle. I suppose it was always going to end with something like that but I noticed on tonight's news they had adjusted the video of the final game to reduce glare. Last night live it looked like Roddick was about to ascend to Heavan. He was clearly disorientated in the glare - luck of the draw!
Oh my......

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
yeah but Roger also had the unfavourable side of the court for some time too at the change of ends. And he managed fine.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC

Thank god I'm not the only one that noticed this!

I noticed his balls being alot higher and more top spin.

Federer took it fine though, admittingly he struggled no doubt.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Lolwut. a) That's not an excuse at the elite level, b) I'm pretty sure he was wearing a hat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)