Wimbledon 2009 !!! (1 Viewer)

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Lolwut. a) That's not an excuse at the elite level, b) I'm pretty sure he was wearing a hat.
sometimes with a hat it still effects your eyes.

but realistically at the elite level you should be able to serve with your eyes closed. definitely no excuse.

lala2

Banned
HSC
So sad for Roddick. I'm really a sucker for the underdog, and since it cannot be Nadal, it has to be anyone but Federer. That final set score is ridiculous. This Wimbledon was one of achievements--Roddick playing his best ever, Federer setting his record, Haas returning to glory....good Wimbledon but it's just not the same without Nadal (can you tell I'm a Nadal fan?)

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
roger federer all the way!
and ivo karlovic!
and lleyton hewitt!
samantha stosur!

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Return of the oldies!

For Roddick to come back after last year's second round exit, patch up his game under Stefanki and push Federer, despite his struggles on Sunday night/Monday morning, is amazing.

I didn't like elements of Fed's speech though. The fact that he might have unintentionally put Roddick down after talking about how he lost the previous year and how he 'hoped' that Roddick will win eventually, and the wearing of his jacket with the number 15 BEFORE he actually won Wimbledon this year didn't go well with me.

But on a brighter note, based on numbers and finesse, he has to be the greatest player ever as of yet.

Last edited:

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
Probably sponsor pressure re the jacket, but yeah I agree I felt bad for Roddick whilst Federer was speaking.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
yeah u have to feel sorry for roddick. he never gave up and probably thought he was going to win. i was scared for federer though.

louy

HSC
N/A
if Nedal wasnt injured he would still be Wimbledon Champion and world nummber one.

Federer is a true legend and a tennis God. But Nedal still has time to match the achievements of Federer, and will probably win more Gram Slams throughout his career

emmjee92

HSC
Uni Grad
i rkn the finals show that federer doesn't even need to play at 100% to win a GS. i think roddick played more consistently throughout the match, but federer's serving was way too good in the fifth set, and it was only inevitable that roddick would crack under pressure serving second.

it shows how great federer really is, and how he is able to take advantage of the points which really matter

p.s. i rkn roddick would have won if he converted that 2nd set point with the smash...

emmjee92

HSC
Uni Grad
and just for the record, i'm so happy/relieved that karlovic didn't beat fed and make the final
i rly don't like karlovic coz all he rly has is his serve...all he does on return is use his fav backhand slice. i hated watching him beat tsonga and verdasco just by acing them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)