Worst TV Shows!! (1 Viewer)

crazyhobo

Is it just me, or are you the only person on the planet that carefully picks what they watch on tv or cinema based on the awards it has won?

Priyant

Originally posted by crazyhobo
Is it just me, or are you the only person on the planet that carefully picks what they watch on tv or cinema based on the awards it has won?
My choices arent based on awards.....awards merely supplement my choices.

I watch alot of things, and make my decisions.

I am using awards, to back up the fact that Frasier and other programmes are actually quite good, and shouldnt be destructed by a low level of maturity

FYC: Best Guest Actor In A Comedy Series ~ Reichen Lehmkuhl for Frasier in the Episode "No Sex Please, We're Skittish"

I will post many things like that. FYC is For Your Consideration

Priyant

What the hell does that mean?
Dear lord....

okay...

Supplement means BACK UP or SUPPORT.

So, If i see something, like LA CONFIDENTIAL, i would know that im not the only one who thinks that that is a magnificent films...it was given high awards consideration and took home 2 Oscars in one of oscars most competitive years....1997.

Get it?

crazyhobo

So rather than justify why you like a film or tv show with examples of aspects you enjoyed/admired you just say that other people liked it?

Priyant

So rather than justify why you like a film or tv show with examples of aspects you enjoyed/admired you just say that other people liked it?
There are shows i love that not many people have heard of

Higher Ground
Wasteland
etc.

So im just saying the critical aspect holds plenty of weight in the real world.

crazyhobo

Originally posted by Priyant
There are shows i love that not many people have heard of

Higher Ground
Wasteland
etc.

So im just saying the critical aspect holds plenty of weight in the real world.
Has Higher Ground been screened in Australia? I have not seen any eps of it, and don't remember it being on TV. And don't really like wasteland. Seemed to me like Kevin Williamson was just creating a rehash of Dawson's Creek. He's a talented writer, but he can't just write one episode of a series and then let hacks takeover. Being cancelled after one season was what it deserved.

Priyant

Has Higher Ground been screened in Australia? I have not seen any eps of it, and don't remember it being on TV. And don't really like wasteland. Seemed to me like Kevin Williamson was just creating a rehash of Dawson's Creek. He's a talented writer, but he can't just write one episode of a series and then let hacks takeover. Being cancelled after one season was what it deserved.

OMG! YAY! FINALLY, SOMEONE AT BOS WHO KNOWS SOMETHING!

Yes, Higher Ground screened on Channel 9 after the first season of Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Wasteland started off really well, but its really getting bad quick.

crazyhobo

Originally posted by Priyant
OMG! YAY! FINALLY, SOMEONE AT BOS WHO KNOWS SOMETHING!

Yes, Higher Ground screened on Channel 9 after the first season of Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Wasteland started off really well, but its really getting bad quick.
So that made it about 12:30 am then? I might've watched it but there are only so many TV shows I can watch that air are 11:30. I wish Freaks and Geeks wasn't shown at 2 in the morning.

crazyhobo

By the way, I like that you know a lot about movies and films, but I just don't share your same appreciation for awards that you seem to have.

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
skithouse is a very bad show, the only time i will laugh at their jokes is bcuz of the fact they think their jokes are funny
big brother is bad aswell, if i wanna watch ppl ly around all day i could jst go to my uncles house, but if ppl find that entertaining then thats their opinion

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
haha yes..it lasted for abt 3 episodes or something.. hahaha it was v uneventful...no offence to those who who were on it...

worset show....would be those today tonight ones....toooo mani dieting stories..

deyveed

School Leaver
HSC
Today Tonight is full of whinging old people about how their house is full of termites or neighbours are noisy/dirty because they didn't bother inspecting the house or area before they bought it.

Also, how many times do i have to hear "a new medical breakthrough that has stunned doctors and scientists"?

lillaila

clear as ice
HSC
Once i felt like ringing up Today Tonight and screaming in their face...if it were a real person i would be in jail now :)
Hehehe....There was an episode of TT where they showed a runnaway bride and how the groom text mess. the bride and blah blah.........THEY FREAKIN STAGED THE WHOLE BLOODY DAMN THING......how fake is the show n e way..........
And they bloody point their finger at other shows like Who wants to be a Millionaire and Aust Idol and stuff.........i mean LOOK AT URSELF....no wonder u have such bad ratings!

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
yeah i cant beleive they got the logies.. they must thought domestic issues is the key... hence increased their dieting episodes..and thos con man episodes.. and those which food is the fattiest episodes and those bad building inspector episodes.. ahah

N

ND

Originally posted by truly-in-bliss
yeah i cant beleive they got the logies.. they must thought domestic issues is the key... hence increased their dieting episodes..and thos con man episodes.. and those which food is the fattiest episodes and those bad building inspector episodes.. ahah
Yeh, they really tackle the big issues... :rolleyes:

Buggdogg

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by double_identity
Anyone else remember the true shame of Chanel 7's 'Thorpe's Angels'?

How we've tried to forget. Im sure if we could remember all the shows that have got axed we could probably come up with some really bad shows.
And I disagree with the skithouse haters, i reckon its got some real funny stuff, like the unemployed Batman, i mean c'mon- unemployed druken superhero trying to blend into regular society, thats pure hilarity.

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
Is anyone else addicted to Passions? It's like the worst soap on the planet but I just can't stop watching it... if only it moved faster, it takes like a week of the show to get through one day in "harmony"

I used to hate Home and Away as well but it's been ok lately

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)