would you get involved with someone, knowing they had a mental condition (1 Viewer)

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
i'd stay away from people with mental conditions full stop.

i dont wanna get involved with their problems or make myself worry heaps about their well being.

Last edited:

xBecx

HSC
i would do the same thing

like sure she has mental issues, these are offset by her being hot
when she gains weight what has she got going for her??

Wow. So you'd rather her have mental problems and be hot than get help to improve her condition and gain a bit of weight? sheeshhh. That really is shallow. I agree with ay0_x You guys are dicks.

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
Wow. So you'd rather her have mental problems and be hot than get help to improve her condition and gain a bit of weight? sheeshhh. That really is shallow. I agree with ay0_x You guys are dicks.
wow you are dumb
maybe the benefits of her being sane are outweighed by the fact im no longer attracted to her

John McCain

Horse liberty
HSC
N/A
It would be hypocritical of me to demand any value from a partner that I myself cannot offer.

jennyfromdabloc

coked up sociopath
HSC
Imo it doesn't matter much if someone has a diagnosed mental condition. I'd say a lot of "normal" people are just as fucked up but don't have problems that are as readily identified and categorized.

Some "crazies" definitely annoy me, but no more than women with other annoying traits. As dieburndie says, its ends up being a cost-benefit analysis. Its a bit of an aspie thing to say, but its basically true. When performing such an analysis, there is no reason to give extra negative weighting to mental illness or to make it a blanket deal breaker.

Last edited:

Oliver04

HSC
I don't usually post in this section but I saw this thread title on the main board and needed to say:

no - fuck no - don't do it.

I went out with a girl with bipolar. They can never be truly happy, will seek the comfort of other men when they're unhappy and self destruct - when things are perfect, they'll do something ruin it.

I believe in God and try to accept all kinds of people but fuck, in this situation you're just asking for trouble.

Zrap

glock9
HSC
I dated a girl who had moderate/severe bipolar disorder.

Everything was fine until she started taking meds to treat her condition - one of the side-effects was weight gain.

I broke it off soon after realising just how large she was getting.
lolol, dont like the extra cushion?

Anyone seen a beautiful mind? If you were in love, married, and had a kid you would stick by a schizophrenic lover? or other severe mental condition?

Espo15

Banned
HSC
N/A
well everything is going just swimmingly for me at this point in time so all you doubters can eat my arse

ay0_x

HSC
I don't usually post in this section but I saw this thread title on the main board and needed to say:

I went out with a girl with bipolar. They can never be truly happy, will seek the comfort of other men when they're unhappy and self destruct - when things are perfect, they'll do something ruin it.

I believe in God and try to accept all kinds of people but fuck, in this situation you're just asking for trouble.
Most "sane" men seek the comfort of other women regardless. Hey most sane women too. People are not monogamous by nature & given the chance to do it most people will.

Oliver04

HSC
Most "sane" men seek the comfort of other women regardless. Hey most sane women too. People are not monogamous by nature & given the chance to do it most people will.
Please. Don't try to justify cheating with faux-biology, there's a reason its a social taboo. But thats another issue.

Go out with a girl with bi-polar or chronic depression, I don't care, but the reality of it is that they will self destruct.

ay0_x

HSC
Please. Don't try to justify cheating with faux-biology, there's a reason its a social taboo. But thats another issue.

Go out with a girl with bi-polar or chronic depression, I don't care, but the reality of it is that they will self destruct.
Yeah, I was just saying, yknow, it's not fair to isolate girls with either one. A lot of sane people cheat.

willoww

HSC
ill tell you my persona experience.
my boyfriend who i have been with for 5 months has anxiety and bipolar. he hasn got a very good family life, so contact with his parents is minimal.
Im like super super optimistic and he is very negitive, and alot of his friends have said my positivity has rubbed off on him.
in the start of our relationship he had huge episodes and alot of the time they happened at my home, so my parents really didnt like seeing me in a relationship with someone who was so down all the time.
But i really like this guy, and he has gotten SO much better, like looking back on him a few months ago he is a completly different person.

the only thing that sucks is my parents banned me from seeing him. I am 18, and although i go behind their backs and see him, and i really can see the reasons why my parents arnt happy with me being with him, the stress and worry etc, he is getting so much better.
My mum always says that when i was younger i used to bring home 'broken' animals and look after them, and she just thinks im doing the same with him.
it just sucks i have to lie to my mum allll the time :(

It is a very challenging thing, and it is very easy to fall into a trap. As if you ever want to brak up with them, the way they react could be horrible.

Overall, he has improved greatly, and it really has made me a stronger person.
and yes, i was aware of what i was getting myself into.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
[youtube]5DXb8qBUeAM[/youtube]

[youtube]aBWG0rt3_xw[/youtube]

Espo15

Banned
HSC
N/A
I've never really loved anyone, so i don't think it would matter.
i didn't say love, i said get involved.

super cool job at trying to appear all dark and disenchanted though, you mysterious loner you.

Espo15

Banned
HSC
N/A

there are different degrees and variations of bi polar though. as far as i can tell, this girl is always kind of super upbeat and a bit zany in a hippie kid kind of way, and we've talked in depth since hooking up about her condition, and she has never really shown and depression or super dark self destructive tendencies, it is more just normal teamed with absolute mania when it was at it's height.

i dont know she only really had one period of episodes, back when it was diagnosed, and has been living pretty reasonably and normally since so it's not so much of a concern anymore.

still, early days!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)