• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

writing notes (1 Viewer)

sinophile

HSC
N/A
I disagree. The fight aint over yet, dp and Katie Tully.

HSC
my textbook talks about the nervous system as well :|
the peripheral nervous system to be exact.
i write study notes under each syllabus dot point because my textbook covers everything in great depth. plus our teacher gives us ALOT of extra sheets. i mean like over 50 for each topic!

dp624

HSC
notes; go overboard
exam; go overboard

you have the time anyways

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
lol!

yea that's what i am doing
do it, exams are set so you have time to check over, in biology and chemistry i never once wrote just within the lines, i always had to add exams and ended up using up so much extra space

Kujah

HSC
N/A
do it, exams are set so you have time to check over, in biology and chemistry i never once wrote just within the lines, i always had to add exams and ended up using up so much extra space
same, especially with the 8 markers and the time that was allocated towards it.

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
I agree with nottellingu and dp because padding by it's definition is unnecessary. But when you are in the exam you don't know whether what you are writing is padding or not. You might have an inkling that it is unnecessary but you can't be sure. You can know all your content very well but I remember being very surprised at what the bio question required to get full marks compared to what the question asks. I sometimes feel that I answered the question fullt but not in the way they wanted. My teacher says that you should write everything you know about that topic (assuming it doesn't effect your time to answer other questions). But my teacher is a bit crazy (eg doesn't believe in evolution) haha. The point is that you can't know for sure whether what you're writing is necessary or unecessary padding so it's stupid to say that you shoudn't pad when it's obvious, even innate, that padding is bad and unecessary. Writing a lot on the other hand, I think is wise. You might say they hate it when you waffle but they can't take marks off for extra info so what's the disadvantage if you have extra time?

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
But my teacher is a bit crazy (eg doesn't believe in evolution) haha.
Well that should make teaching evolution fun, especially since the year 11 topic is EVOLUTION OF AUSTRALIAN BIOTA and then BLUEPRINT OF LIFE has evolution. So i would have so much fun arguing with your teacher.

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
Well that should make teaching evolution fun, especially since the year 11 topic is EVOLUTION OF AUSTRALIAN BIOTA and then BLUEPRINT OF LIFE has evolution. So i would have so much fun arguing with your teacher.

I know! She's like 'I teach it because it's in the syllabus but I don't believe in it. I believe in creation' It is fun. But it can be seriously annoying as well, since most students in my class are very dumb (eg one asked in math class one day - when the teacher was explaining to her about how the earth turns and revolves around the sun and day and night etc and she said something along the lines of 'i don't get it sir, like how can the sun be in all the different countries? Is there like a sun for every country or every state?' and I am completely serious. So yea, they are quite influenced by her and she teaches so badly eg 'some scientists think this amphibian grew legs and walked onto land but no one ever saw it so we can't know for sure'. It is seriously unbelievable in this day and age.
She is completely insane, everytime we ask a question she feels the need to tell us her life story about how she is so busy and she has 7 messages on her answering machine and she stayed at school till 5 yesterday then had yoga class because of her rheumatoid arthritis and then had to mark year 11 books till 11 at night and her husband steals the remote and doesn't let her watch what she wants on television and how her daughter in law is mean to her etc and tells us daily about how she has menopause etc :mad1:. And she's really racist. Everytime we get a sub we celebrate because we actually learn something.
She has this really nasal high voice/accent like kath and kim and she is so old fashioned and religious and conservative. This funny boy always imitates her voice and once put a picture of the devil on the desktop background of her laptop when she left the room. Oh that was so hilarious, she was so upset.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)