Wtf Happens To 2 U Maths! (1 Viewer)

Himezaki

Teh Train Ninja!
HSC
What happens to 2 u maths if you are doing 4 units of maths?

I heard 2 u counts for nothing and you don't do its exam. So isn't doing 4u maths like doing 2 units of maths? Where does the first 2 units go and do they count for anything???

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
if u do 4u u don't have 2 do ur 2u exam....but it is assumed dat u have got a band 6 in 2u.....i think so! someone correct me....if i m wrong.

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Keypad is 100% right, and you don't do 2 unit unless you did it Year 11 Accelerated as the 2 unit HSC exam is on at the same time as 4 unit.

J0n

N/A
HSC
If you do 2unit accelerated, does that mean that you can have 6 units of math for you HSC??

J0n

N/A
HSC
What about General? Can you accelerate General Math, then do 4 unit in yr 12 and have them all count??

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
What happens if you break all your golf clubs while playing golf, can you still play with the broken clubs (rules state that you can't)?

Answer: It's never happening, so shut up. :p

Last edited:

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by J0n
If you do 2unit accelerated, does that mean that you can have 6 units of math for you HSC??
Originally posted by J0n
What about General? Can you accelerate General Math, then do 4 unit in yr 12 and have them all count??
To be honest, I don't really see why you couldn't have six (or even eight with general) units of maths counting towards your UAI, providing that you satisfied every other UAI eligibility rule.

I've never seen any official statements made about it. I might investigate.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
you can only have 6 units of science, so maybe they would allow 6 units of maths, probably not 8.

Calculon

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by iambored
you can only have 6 units of science, so maybe they would allow 6 units of maths, probably not 8.
You need at least four subjects in total and at least 3 subjects of 2 unit value or greater for a UAI, which comprises of 10 units, so to include a six unit subject and have four courses you would need the 6unit subject + a 2unit subject(English) + 2x 1 unit subjects, and this leaves you with only two subjects of two units or greater, so no you cant have 6 units of maths

Last edited:

J0n

N/A
HSC
But you wouldn't really be doing a six unit subject - you'd be doing 2 units of General Math + 4 unit math (or 2 units ext1 and 2 units ext2), right?

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Originally posted by iambored
I always thought they removed that limit when the new HSC came in. Oh well, didn't matter anyway :p

Calculon

HSC
N/A
Having general maths wouldn't help your case much anyway, seeing as its capped

smegthehead

is chairman kaga
HSC
a couple of my friends do 4u and they still have to do the two unit exams, as it is a security blanket if they end up dropping it. sucks to be them though, 3 exams for 4 units

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Originally posted by virgin^sexy
i thought that capped subjects was a myth!!

:(
If capped subjects were myths, why is ANYONE doing purely 2 unit advanced. General's much easier :p

But since so many stupid people do it, they bring the average down. Plus a perfect score in the exam may indicate you're able to do much harder, and there must be a punishment for not attempting a harder maths.

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Originally posted by smegthehead
a couple of my friends do 4u and they still have to do the two unit exams, as it is a security blanket if they end up dropping it. sucks to be them though, 3 exams for 4 units
Yeah, I'd hate to have 4 unit count for my UAI, it would be crap :p

HSC
all saints really different in choosing subjects(very elite actually). if you get a mark of A-C in advanced or an A mark in intermediate for your SC mark, then the school accepts you into maths advanced. but still from what i heard, most of the intermediate students are doing general and half of the advanced students do extension maths so that's pretty much safe for us 2u adv maths at my school. but damn i thought 2u adv maths scales really good!!! dammit!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)