• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Wtf Happens To 2 U Maths! (1 Viewer)

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by **freakstar87**
all saints really different in choosing subjects(very elite actually). if you get a mark of A-C in advanced or an A mark in intermediate for your SC mark, then the school accepts you into maths advanced. but still from what i heard, most of the intermediate students are doing general and half of the advanced students do extension maths so that's pretty much safe for us 2u adv maths at my school. but damn i thought 2u adv maths scales really good!!! dammit!!!

it scales better than General... and yes sorry for not telling you but our school actually is very wanky in subject selection and is stupid and very discouraging.... all teachers kept saying if u do intermediate maths ur done for, for 2 u maths, ur gone u wont be able to do it etc... and psssh i did it... and did alright and i beat alot of ppl who came from advanced, it was pathetic really... dont ever listen to what they say there... they over dramatize it's silly.

HSC
Originally posted by Winston
it scales better than General... and yes sorry for not telling you but our school actually is very wanky in subject selection and is stupid and very discouraging.... all teachers kept saying if u do intermediate maths ur done for, for 2 u maths, ur gone u wont be able to do it etc... and psssh i did it... and did alright and i beat alot of ppl who came from advanced, it was pathetic really... dont ever listen to what they say there... they over dramatize it's silly.
yeah the subject selection is very wanky indeed :mad: . it really limits the possibilities of capable students who really want to get in the specific subject/s but can't get through.

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by **freakstar87**
yeah the subject selection is very wanky indeed :mad: . it really limits the possibilities of capable students who really want to get in the specific subject/s but can't get through.
yep because they scare the shit out of u.... i mean seriously... i was so scared about english lol... no idea they kept saying u would only just pass standard... but really they ccould of let us all try out advance... since its prelim.. and none of the stuff we learnt was part of the HSC course... blah...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)