Year 11 2014 Chat :) (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Usually on Mon-Thurs I spend 2-3 hours. Sometimes less on days when I'm really tired (like yesterday when I fell asleep after school...) and more on days like tomorrow when I have heaps of work due.

Fridays are supposed to be my day off studying and homework although I usually end up by typing notes because I have too much to do over the weekend.

Over Saturday and Sunday, I spend usually 3-5+ hours. ('Fun' fact: most of my weekend homework is maths)

----------------------

I'm REALLY hating English. I don't have a care in the world about it, yet I had to write an essay on why I want to study it...
They won't even let anyone move down to a lower class (standard English) because they are too full.
Just gotta remind myself that I've done English for 10 years now, I can do it for 1 more.
I know that English is not compulsory for the SACE education system, however, do try to maintain a more positive attitude towards it since it will really help you to ENJOY this year, not just survive through it. If you want some tips for maximising your English potential, feel free to check out the senior studies guide I have complied: http://community.boredofstudies.org...how-excel-senior-year-studies-yr-11-12-a.html (there is a section on tips to ace English). Hope this helps-and as you know, if you've got any questions on English, people on bored of studies will be more than willing to help you as long as you take the step to ask these questions:)

liamlolz

HSC
I know that English is not compulsory for the SACE education system, however, do try to maintain a more positive attitude towards it since it will really help you to ENJOY this year, not just survive through it. If you want some tips for maximising your English potential, feel free to check out the senior studies guide I have complied: http://community.boredofstudies.org...how-excel-senior-year-studies-yr-11-12-a.html (there is a section on tips to ace English). Hope this helps-and as you know, if you've got any questions on English, people on bored of studies will be more than willing to help you as long as you take the step to ask these questions:)
Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it :) I have read your thread that you referred to many times and I am putting your advice into action (for example, I am listening to class discussions much more to hear others view points on the topics, and using this in the work assigned). Thanks again Mei - your posts are also extremely helpful!

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it :) I have read your thread that you referred to many times and I am putting your advice into action (for example, I am listening to class discussions much more to hear others view points on the topics, and using this in the work assigned). Thanks again Mei - your posts are also extremely helpful!
No worries-glad that my posts are of some assistance:). Keep the good work up-you will be reaping in the rewards very soon:)

Just curious - why do so many dislike circle geometry? ...there are much worse topics in maths!
I think it is not necessarily a dislike, but perhaps just some shock because circle geometry is a very different topic in comparison to all other junior maths topics-particularly if the school chooses to only start on circle geometry in senior years, it is one of the few topics where students are expected to remember a lot of rules and proofs which might seem a bit daunting at the start.

studynerd

HSC
Its weird.. my school started circle geo last year, but... we have only done BASIC factorising and some "rationalising da denominator"... and this is MX1... Idk Wats going on... can I relate to anyone? Or is it just my school talking this approach?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

liamlolz

HSC
I think it is not necessarily a dislike, but perhaps just some shock because circle geometry is a very different topic in comparison to all other junior maths topics-particularly if the school chooses to only start on circle geometry in senior years, it is one of the few topics where students are expected to remember a lot of rules and proofs which might seem a bit daunting at the start.
That makes sense. Although Circle Geometry won't be studied until next semester for me, I did do it last year so I suppose I have been 'eased' into the topic. I do agree that all the rules and proofs are daunting - thank god for formula sheets!

authenticity

Povo Child
HSC
Its weird.. my school started circle geo last year, but... we have only done BASIC factorising and some "rationalising da denominator"... and this is MX1... Idk Wats going on... can I relate to anyone? Or is it just my school talking this approach?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
ME TOO and here I thought it was only my school. Well this is just my opinion, but I feel like we're taking longer than necessary when there are obviously harder topics towards the end that we should probably spend more time on, than on these topics.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Just out of curiosity, who here is doing 'Belonging' for their preliminary English Area of Study topic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)