Year 11 2014 Chat :) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Hmm, I'll answer my own question then.

Maths: Always clicked for me, that's why I love the subject.
English: Never understood it, doesn't make sense IMO.
Science: It varies, but it mostly has to do with chemistry
Economics: Pretty straightforward, not too difficult to grasp.
Modern History: Enjoy it since I'm actually interested in what we're learning atm.
But for English, shouldn't it be slowly 'clicking' for you since you are getting tutoring (extra assistance and guidance:))?

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
But for English, shouldn't it be slowly 'clicking' for you since you are getting tutoring (extra assistance and guidance:))?
It slowly is, but the things that I struggle with most is finding meaning from techniques, expressing myself clearly in essays, and just not having the talent in creative writing.

GolfGirl97

back from the dead
HSC
Don't feel daunted by Year 11-it is quite short-so just enjoy the ride and develop insights from the year to assist you to improve for the future. I actually can find some resonance with you in that I used to think about school work all the time in non-school events, but that was mainly to relieve myself from the boredom of the non-school events I happened to attend/need to attend.

Perhaps considering of changing your attitude to exams and assessments from one of fear to one of anticipation and excitement-a time for you to display what you are capable of:)-Relax, you will be fine:)-remember, what you reap, you shall sow-if you have put in the hard work in throughout the term, there is no need to excessively stress yourself out:)
:( I would totally show off what I'm capable of..it's just exams are not my thing. I study hard, I manage to do the work in class, then the exam comes and I do terrible :( :'( it has completely lowered my self esteem :'(

GolfGirl97

back from the dead
HSC
General question: Which subjects has always 'clicked' for you, and which ones hasn't at all?

EDIT: I think I know what justem's is already.

Maths: Never...except maybe in year 7....but honestly right now I'm so lost.
Science(Chem and Bio): It did for the past 4 years, but this year I'm kind of lost too...
English: Always been one of my better subjects
Modern History: I'm killing it. History has always been my favourite subject. It's so good!
Multimedia: I'm pretty good at computer stuff too, so this subject is pretty easy for me.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
:( I would totally show off what I'm capable of..it's just exams are not my thing. I study hard, I manage to do the work in class, then the exam comes and I do terrible :( :'( it has completely lowered my self esteem :'(
Perhaps it has to do with the fact that your study preparation needs to be much more closely aligned to actual exam condition, perhaps try to get your hands on some past school exam papers and do these under exam conditions as preparation for exams-so you can better learnt to manage your exam nerves:)

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
General question: Which subjects has always 'clicked' for you, and which ones hasn't at all?

EDIT: I think I know what justem's is already.
I feel as though I connect with all my subjects haha
English adv lesser because it's a gutter subject at best

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I feel as though I connect with all my subjects haha
English adv lesser because it's a gutter subject at best
Can you elaborate a bit more on what do you mean that English is a 'gutter subject at best'?

Daniellemc

HSC
Does anyone know of any media articles about religion I'm really desperate if anyone could help it would be. Much appreciated thank you

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Does anyone know of any media articles about religion I'm really desperate if anyone could help it would be. Much appreciated thank you
Can you elaborate a bit more?-Are you looking for media articles on a particular religion? Have you tried to search through Sydney Morning Herald and other online newspaper databases?

Daniellemc

HSC
Can you elaborate a bit more?-Are you looking for media articles on a particular religion? Have you tried to search through Sydney Morning Herald and other online newspaper databases?
No it can be about anything like Christianity Muslims Buddhist and yea I've had a bit of a look on smh

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
Jeez I just realized that i'm one of the only few students in my grade without tutoring for any subject o_O To an extent it feels intimidating but when I do see the performance of these students in class they are average. I guess it goes to show that tuition doesn't necessarily make you smarter, but it will if you are willing to change your work ethics and actually put in the effort.

liamlolz

HSC
Jeez I just realized that i'm one of the only few students in my grade without tutoring for any subject o_O To an extent it feels intimidating but when I do see the performance of these students in class they are average. I guess it goes to show that tuition doesn't necessarily make you smarter, but it will if you are willing to change your work ethics and actually put in the effort.
Yes I agree with you. I see most (or many) people here on BOS have them and it sometimes makes me wonder if I should have one...

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
Yes I agree with you. I see most (or many) people here on BOS have them and it sometimes makes me wonder if I should have one...

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk
Only get one if you think you'll need one

iireactionzz

HSC
if anyone has any sort of notes, could you please send them to me :) Would be really useful!

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
Holy crap, the workload has increased so much it's not even funny at all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)