Yellow Shirt Applications (1 Viewer)

B

Bambul

Me too. I'm in for the Friday afternoon session. So anyone else there just look for the crook with a face like the one in my avatar - it may or may not be me.

Heinz

The Musical Fruit
HSC
Bambul said:
Me too. I'm in for the Friday afternoon session. So anyone else there just look for the crook with a face like the one in my avatar - it may or may not be me.

hey, im on friday arvo too! right after macro mid session :(

B

Bambul

Heinz said:
hey, im on friday arvo too! right after macro mid session :(
Darn you first years. Making me look old! I mean...Look forward to seeing you on Friday! :)

Heinz

The Musical Fruit
HSC
Bambul said:
Darn you first years. Making me look old! I mean...Look forward to seeing you on Friday! :)
hey hey, ill be 2nd year by the time oweek starts :p

B

Bambul

mervvyn said:
sunday arvo for me:)
wow, second year... that makes me feel kind of old (sorry bambul!)

edit: also... what happens at the callback sessions? *visions of pony dance auditions*
*Shudders*
Please don't remind me of that...

There are 3 sessions. You get rotated, so in no particular order:
1. Group interview. You get put into a group of about 3-6 people and get asked questions about different things (nothing stupid like if you were a vegetable what type of vegetable would you be). Question could be about being a uni student, O Week, dealing with other people, etc.
2. Group activity. In past this has included things like creating a machine that moves for as long as possible, navigating your way through a dungeon in a role playing game or escaping from an island after crash landing on it. The point of this is to work as a group, not to achieve victory in the game.
3. Character test. This is not used to determine whether or not you make it in (seriously it's not). It's designed to get people into squads (groups of 6-10 people) where you don't have a squad full of outward going, loud attention seekers or full of quiet, reserved people. There are no wrong answers, do this one honestly. You can't be rejected based on your responses from this exercise.

You are told at the start to be yourself, that doesn't mean talk without thinking. I made the mistake of confusing those two one year and got rejected as a result. There are criteria that they use for admiting people. Being friendly, welcoming, helpful and contributing is good. Hogging stuff, telling others off, being rash and trying to "win" rather than work as a team is not good.

B

Bambul

babydoll_ said:
Nobody will find out till late next week :\
I thought it was early next week? Or maybe I'm wrong, but I was expecting to get a reply on Monday next week, though I could be wrong. I do know that who is in and who is not in has already been determined.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Well, Sandra (the head co-ordinator of O-Week) said about 10 days, so that's where I got it from.

B

Bambul

And 10 days after the day I went (Friday) is Monday. That's how I worked it out. :p

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
Bambul said:
And 10 days after the day I went (Friday) is Monday. That's how I worked it out. :p
haha.. i went on sun? so 10days from that?? :p

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
Heinz said:
welcome to my world :p
and mine.

2 rejections in 2 days! w00t!

guess its time to play rejection collection again.. who wanna be my wing?

B

Bambul

babydoll_ said:
FUCK I DIDN'T MAKE IT

>:/
I got rejected the second time I tried out (after getting in the first time). It happens, and I can really empathise with you.

I got through, this will be my 3rd time.

To anyone who didn't get through, my smpathies. Please don't be discouraged from trying out again next year. I've been rejected before, and I just received my 3rd acceptance letter today.

gman03

HSC
rejection.... what a familiar feeling... i get that about twice a week.

Good luck next time ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)