Your feelings towards internationals. (1 Viewer)

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
another reason i hate them
had two internationals in my group when we were doing blood pressure. tried to explain to them they couldnt pump it up more than 200, and not to attempt it more than twice if they didnt get a reading
so there they were pumping the cuff past 200 and trying 5 times on each other coz they couldnt work it out

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
katie tully said:
another reason i hate them
had two internationals in my group when we were doing blood pressure. tried to explain to them they couldnt pump it up more than 200, and not to attempt it more than twice if they didnt get a reading
so there they were pumping the cuff past 200 and trying 5 times on each other coz they couldnt work it out
it's because u told them in english.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
wow i had to read through that many posts to find so many racist remarks against asians. seriously im not too fussed about a few comments here and there about asians. but isnt it a bit too far?

im asian. and though i usually have a good sense of humour with most racist remarks, this thread went too far. you guys were giving asians shit. instead of attacking the poster, you were generalising a whole race.

nutting just stfu. most of your points dont lead anywhere. and your posts do not reflect your ability to take humour or small taunts on the chin. its the internet. relax

DTFM

HSC
wrong_turn said:
wow i had to read through that many posts to find so many racist remarks against asians. seriously im not too fussed about a few comments here and there about asians. but isnt it a bit too far?

im asian. and though i usually have a good sense of humour with most racist remarks, this thread went too far. you guys were giving asians shit. instead of attacking the poster, you were generalising a whole race.

nutting just stfu. most of your points dont lead anywhere. and your posts do not reflect your ability to take humour or small taunts on the chin. its the internet. relax
All Asians get pussy-hurt at the smallest of criticisms.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
dtfm said:
All Asians get pussy-hurt at the smallest of criticisms.
wrong_turn said:
though i usually have a good sense of humour with most racist remarks, this thread went too far. you guys were giving asians shit. instead of attacking the poster, you were generalising a whole race.
thank you for proving my point dtfm. your teh bestest :p <3

GreenLeaf

consultant
HSC
N/A
I've been borderline-passing a theory-based subject, so for a while now I've been considering writing up my Exam Paper in Fob-language in order to increase my chances of passing.

Pass, will I ?

DTFM

HSC
GreenLeaf said:
I've been borderline-passing a theory-based subject, so for a while now I've been considering writing up my Exam Paper in Fob-language in order to increase my chances of passing.

Pass, will I ?
As long as it is convincing. Be sure to misspell the 'l's as 'r's.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
GreenLeaf said:

Pass, will I ?
No

they check ur student number against what type of fees u pay before they give u the "automatic 60% no matter how bad" treatment

jas0nt

HSC
N/A
yeah fuck them for being so studious and getting marks twice the marks i get. fuck them for studying and giving a shit about their degrees when i'm out getting wasted on a tuesday night with my 40% assignment due next day. fuck them because they can't speak their second language well even though i speak my first language like an imbred bogan. fuck them for taking all our jerrrrbs, they should go back to their home gook countries because STRAYA IS FOR FUCKIN STRAYANS LIKE ME.

DTFM

HSC
jas0nt said:
yeah fuck them for being so studious and getting marks twice the marks i get. fuck them for studying and giving a shit about their degrees when i'm out getting wasted on a tuesday night with my 40% assignment due next day. fuck them because they can't speak their second language well even though i speak my first language like an imbred bogan. fuck them for taking all our jerrrrbs, they should go back to their home gook countries because STRAYA IS FOR FUCKIN STRAYANS LIKE ME.
Stop trying to make Australians look bad you worthless piece of shit.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
jas0nt said:
*inbred

BackCountrySnow

HSC
jas0nt said:
hahaha. made me lol.

nutting

HSC
Is 'strine ' English any better than the bloody foreigner's?

MONASH University :
... 90 per cent of first-year students could not identify a noun
... only 20 per cent of English teachers understand basic grammar
... 500 students in communication were strangers to English grammar
...no idea how to use apostrophes, or any other punctuation for that matter
...random spelling was in and sentence construction out
...half thought plurals were formed by adding an apostrophe-s, as in apple's

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599...80-421,00.html
Katie Tully, maybe if you spoke better English, your foreign student classmates might understand you ?
Try removing your braces

nutting

HSC
wrong_turn said:
You're a good example of an Asian with poor English skills.
YOU reinforce an already prejudiced stereotype.

" Small taunts on the chin ?"
What kind of English is that ?

"Dont "? You mean Don't
starting a sentence with lowercase as in " and your post ...." ?
Were you not paying attention in class when the teacher said " NEVER start a sentence with an AND "?

I do have a sense of humour, it extends to giving out as much sh*t that comes my way.
Just because we are on the internet doesn't mean one's standards have to degrade.
Try writing like that in the REAL working world and see how fast you get fired.

Instead of fussing over your vectors and matrices, try paying attention to your English...it'll earn you some respect.

Last edited:

jb_nc

Google &quot;9-11&quot; and &quot;truth&quot;
HSC
N/A
The taunts, of which are miniscule, you cannot be taking them on the chin.

nutting

HSC
jb_nc said:
The taunts, of which are miniscule, you cannot be taking them

There are at least 3 grammatical violations in your sentence.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
nutting, thankfully the supposed misdemeanors that i have caused grammatically DONT cause a reduction in my intelligence. AND yes i like to use this kind of terminology in my everyday language.

this is a forum. this is the internet. i do not get paid for posting on this forum. unless i get paid (ie. employment) or pay (ie. educational institution) i do not intend to revise my language.

and nutting a degradation? for fucks sake you really need to step out of your shell. YOU must also realise that this is not an official transcript of any kind to our intelligence rather a communication between individuals discussing opinions on a common interest.

haha and you as opposed to one? one in which inflicts no prejudice? however, my intention was a point aimed at YOU, thus my use of YOU rather than the alternative ONE. ONE is used an essay based on the assumption that it is meant for readership beyond the viewing individual.

billbro

HSC
N/A
This thread is too long for me to sift through, so I'll simply put my take on it.

I tend to agree with the general stereotype of international students. Personally, most international students that I have interacted with have a poor grasp of English and a poor work ethic. However, I am not saying this is the only disposition of overseas students as there are some really dedicated and hard-working students. Basically, the dislike stems from bad experiences and perceptions.

While generalisations don't hold true across the board, I've had a few relatively infuriating experiences. For starters, I had an assessment with three other overseas students and that ended with me covering 90% of the workload. While tasks were delegated and deadlines set, I ended up doing the primary first hand research, the report and the majority of the speech - quite simply because they ignored deadlines and resorted to last minute copy and paste extracts of wiki. Currently, I have a case study assessment and while the overseas student is somewhat reliable, he informed me at our group meeting a few days ago that he is going on holidays. That is all fine and dandy since it is mid-sem break except for the fact that he will be gone from Saturday till Monday night - given that the assessment is due on Tuesday, I wasn't exactly impressed with the timing.

I suppose to qualify my statement, I do have relatives from overseas who are studying in Australia and I would hope they aren't horrendous. One of them is over here on a scholarship, so not all international students embody the stereotype of being life sucking leeches >.>

Wow browsing through this thread, I kind of noticed how nasty it was.

Contrary to all the bashing going around, international students have a right to study over here like everyone else - it is their choice to fork out money. I certainly don't agree with all the derogatory crap being posted, but it would be nice if those students actually carried their weight.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)