Your feelings towards internationals. (1 Viewer)

bigboyjames01

Banned
HSC
ive met a few internationals....only 1 guy is a decent sick cunt...from south korea..

also, why do people do group work among internationals? ROFLMAO dont you have friends to do that with....fucking losers .

Bendent

HSC
Omnidragon said:
being that most aussies aren't racist

1) because im asian and my example demonstrates white ppl treat me nicely and that has been my experience all this time
2) our popularly elected lord mayor, and the longest-serving one in this city's history, is chinese and can't speak english like an aussie

so on the original topic, no im not dissing you because im being racist and i dont think anyone else is. i just think there're some fundamental learning issues you guys have... maybe its the language barrier i dunno. but dont lable me as racist when i try to answer the OP's question because im not and cant be (im chinese myself as said)
i rarely encounter stupid werid ppl

however if u think australia is good pls dont diss ur own saian heritage

afterall its ur own culture as well

id say all countries in the world has good and bad

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
benedent...seriously..wtf? what is wrong with criticising one's "own heritage"? omnidragon hasnt exactly renounced that he is asian, but if you read carefuly merely an attempt to reflect an objective opinion...?? :S

oh and benedent, if you do not encounter stupid weird people you really need to go out and notice your surroundings. you see them everyday. i work in camperdown, which is close to newtown and refern. it is a constant stopover for citybound customers.
i get frigen wackos there all the time. (for those who know me already know that im quite accepting of weirdness :) ...that being said...its really wacko)

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
bigboyjames01 said:
ive met a few internationals....only 1 guy is a decent sick cunt...from south korea..
wow...just wow

bigboyjames01 said:
also, why do people do group work among internationals? ROFLMAO dont you have friends to do that with....fucking losers .
If you do a small course, they assign you partners and you don't get a choice of who you're with.

lionking1191

HSC
Omnidragon said:
Yea having completed my degrees (get a real job, Ne whatever... too hard to spell), I can attest to that. Problem is it's not like they're slack - they actually work very hard on it, a lot harder than me. Maybe it's their culture of education (lack of freestyle thinking in Asia, east Asia anyway, not speaking for Indians etc which I don't know about) and language barrier.
id say ur misguided but im still not sure what you are trying to prove

Bendent

HSC
wrong_turn said:
benedent...seriously..wtf? what is wrong with criticising one's "own heritage"? omnidragon hasnt exactly renounced that he is asian, but if you read carefuly merely an attempt to reflect an objective opinion...?? :S

oh and benedent, if you do not encounter stupid weird people you really need to go out and notice your surroundings. you see them everyday. i work in camperdown, which is close to newtown and refern. it is a constant stopover for citybound customers.
i get frigen wackos there all the time. (for those who know me already know that im quite accepting of weirdness :) ...that being said...its really wacko)
he said something along the lines of the melbourne mayor cant speak proper english but i think many old asian people cannot have that accent young people can have. it is not because they dont want to learn.

also there are heaps of good helpful people in china as well. he said he doubt there are any in other countries.

i feel he is dissing others instead of neutrally saying australia is good which is even worse because its his own culture and heritage hes using against.

jsut my 2c

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
lionking1191 said:
id say ur misguided but im still not sure what you are trying to prove
i told you earlier... that the criticisms abt international students have nothing to do with racism

why do high school kids (esp yr 12 kids who have just started learning critical analysis in english) always feel the need to make something really so simple sound so complicated? its the way you come out with these really open statements but dont back it up or explain that always give it away (eg 'youre misguided')

how could you even say im misguided when you dont even know what my point was? kids...

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
Bendent said:
he said something along the lines of the melbourne mayor cant speak proper english but i think many old asian people cannot have that accent young people can have. it is not because they dont want to learn.

also there are heaps of good helpful people in china as well. he said he doubt there are any in other countries.

i feel he is dissing others instead of neutrally saying australia is good which is even worse because its his own culture and heritage hes using against.

jsut my 2c
HAHAHAH no i didnt not say the melb mayor cant speak proper english. all i said was the mayor of melb is asian. i did not say anything else about JOHN SO. you said that! which means what?

a) you are from melb
b) you read my msg with a presupposed thought that i was racist hence you just imagined i said john so had bad english

now now bendent, you really need to slow down and have a think about why you thought i said something i didnt. my suggestion would be because you're taking this very personal hence you just imagined i said it

by the way i dont think i dissed my own heritage. i prob know more about chinese history and culture more than anyone on this forum and i would know it better than any other western culture

EDIT
for the record, this was all i said about john so
edit: did i tell you the mayor of melbourne is chinese?

dont take this so personal. i am a 100% supporter of john so and am very saddened he's not running for a third term. he was the best mayor our city ever had. now try reading my posts without those personal feelings and maybe you'll stop imagining things

Last edited:

amaezing19

HSC
N/A
I feel for them and I give them a break. Imagine if you moved to a completely foreign country - I'm sure you'd be viewed exactly the same way. Cut them some slack, it's definitely not easy to be in a country that you are completely unfamiliar with.

zstar

HSC
N/A
Rudd's planning to make University education free for locals by raising the fees for Internationals.

So all of you locals complaining about Internationals may have your fees being paid by one.

1extraordinary

HSC
they can be annoying , but it THEIR FULL FEES which let us in for the cheap. cant complain!

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
1extraordinary come to uni and experience it first hand before judging. most are actually cool but you have some who are quite lost (i.e. uni experience and not the high school experience).

SNOWS

HSC
I'm Asian and I guess technically international but not the kind you're thinking of. I was born in the USA and speak English as well as any other American. I'm going to Wollongong next semester. Should I be worried? I don't think I have that Australian accent nailed down too well.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
SNOWS said:
I'm Asian and I guess technically international but not the kind you're thinking of. I was born in the USA and speak English as well as any other American. I'm going to Wollongong next semester. Should I be worried? I don't think I have that Australian accent nailed down too well.
Worried about what? Racist attacks on campus?

What the hell.

SNOWS

HSC
haha i'm just hoping I'm not gonna get any hostility for looking like I don't speak English. (I speak English.)

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
hahaha snows your worrying about nothing. though uow is very much a surfie campus.

HSC
SNOWS said:
You'll be fine. Just interact with others and you'll fit in just fine.

spartan31234

HSC
International Students bring much needed capital into uni's, which OUR Gov should be supplying, some students pay 29k AUS per year to do a degree, any way it is good for the UNI.

Who cares if they don't work - they are the ones that are paying...

Anyway how would u like it if Australian students were barred form the best UNI's in USA - whose Unis(Some to Most) are leagues better than the Best Australian Uni especially in Aerospace and Engineering. Maybe someday Chinas Uni's will be better than ours.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)