Exams vs Assignments vs Speeches (2 Viewers)

Which is more favoured by you??

• Total voters

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Which of these three do you believe is easier/more favourable to prepare for?
...Which of these three do you like?
(For the sake of this poll, a speech is different from an assignment. )

I know that all of you would say none of them but choose one.

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
Assignments... because you can prepare it at home and no external factors can affect its performance. While with a speech. it might be great stuff ur saying but u also get marked for speakin, which sucks.

And exams are basically a memory test besides the extended response they are the only difficult part.

So overall, assignments easist, then exams, then speeches

However, HSC would rank highly difficult because of stress. So it pretty much changes in yr 12

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
assignments>speeches>exams. nuff said xD

to me assignments are practically easy marks because you have the time to make it stand out and do it very well. not saying you can't do that in an exam but it's much harder as you are under a lot of stress and also the time limit !

P

pLuvia

assignment>exams>speeches :p I hate speeches so much that's why.

Assignments you can get easy marks, exams requires more preparing but shows more skill of an individual and speeches, I just hate speaking infront of the class

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
Personally I prefer Exams.. It's what gives me an advantage as in assignments, many students put effort into their assignments and manage to get good marks whereas they falter in the exam. Exams give me an edge over those people :)

After that I prefer assignments as even though I hate them, I dislike speeches more coz you can't appeal (eg the teacher says you missed out on something, you have no proof to say that you did it) and its easier for teacher bias to be apparent.. I reckon

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
pLuvia said:
assignment>exams>speeches :p I hate speeches so much that's why.

Assignments you can get easy marks, exams requires more preparing but shows more skill of an individual and speeches, I just hate speaking infront of the class
for my first re assignment we had to do a speech. i got 18/20 for the content and 2/5 for the actually speaking !! ><" i was told i was reading a million miles an hour which i never even realised. i really suck at speeches, i get so nervous !

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
speeches > assignments > exams. i actually really like speeches. i hate exams because they make me nervous and i forget everything. assignments are just meh and time consuming. but speeches are fun because even though a lot of effort goes into preparing them its all over in 5 minutes and if you can speak properly its dead easy to get good marks.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
My Generalisations
-A speech is a cross between an assignment and an exam, depending on the way you see it
-Speeches only come once or twice a year.
-Assignments and exams are same in number.
-Most class tasks are in the form of an assignment.
-There are no assignments for maths.

vizman

HSC
assignments > exams > speeches

none are too bad i just prefer assignments the most

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Assignments and exams are the two major rivals.
There are advantages of assignments (and I can see why you prefer them).
-Help availible.
-Plenty of time.
-Resources at hand.

xx__savannah

HSC
Speeches > Assignments > Exams.

I love speeches, because I've been doing them for over a decade and it's nothing out of the ordinary for me, and also, you can add your own spin on things, such as your overall opinion simply by tone.

Exams are good, too. I was accelerated in Science and then Chemistry based on my good exam results, but in the senior grades, you have to be able to regurgitate assignments in exams, so that's why they're in that order.

P

pLuvia

Speeches are also like easy marks, since you prepare it at home, like an assignment. Just that you have to a presentation etc etc

ladyknight

HSC
Speeches > Exams > Assignments

because I reckon speeches show knowledge, confidence and articulate reasoning, while exams do too to a less degree but you get really bizarre little obscure questions, and assignments are just spitting out old information that no-one really cares about

Dimsimmer

Random User
HSC
Exams > Speeches > Assignments

I prefer exams since i am used to them and i pretty much know what to expect. I don't like those speeches since I dont really know what the teacher is really looking for, but the good thing is that you can get it over and done with quickly. I hate those assignments because you could spend hours looking for information and not get anywhere so it would be time-consuming when you could be doing something else and if its group work, you have to rely on someone else, which can be a problem.

Lexie1001

HSC
Assignments > speeches > exams

i love assignments cos u know what you're getting and u can do your best work in a reasonable time frame. the downside is ppl who get tutors to write them. i hate giving speeches in front of my year in the theatre but i prefer it over exams cos once again, u have time to prepare for it and prepare well.

i hate exams cos u don't know what you're getting out of the whole syllabus and have to learn everything, plus theres all these criteria (esp in english) on how detailed u have to be but they expect u to do this in 45 minutes. if they REALLY wanted see how well we could do, they'd make it 3 hours or something decent. time limits are my pet hate :(

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
The downside with assignments is that cheating is much more common here compared to that of exams.

blueyez

HSC
i like speeches, but thats just my opinion. i seem to do better at them. but i can understand why some people dislike them.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Sparcod said:
Which of these three do you believe is easier/more favourable to prepare for?
Firstly, you can't prepare for an assignment, but you can manage time for doing assignments. Secondly I personally hate speeches, and thirdly, I don't mind exams or exam style assessments, because I can prepare for them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)