Christian music (1 Viewer)

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
yeh i like christian music <333

hillsong united always bring out amazing stuff :) yay
as well as planetshakers theyre good too

and i am quite fond of mercy me, i never expected the lead singer to look how he does :eek::eek: it sounds so shallow but he sounds different. but i think hes cool <33

i like the view (who are christian, but are more normal music than christian music), same for switchfoot and a few others.

ps dan i dont believe you </3

anndy

HSC
haha i resent that brightside :p
yeah the view are awesome, i listen to alot of contemporary christian.
mercy me are quite good

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
anndy said:
haha i resent that brightside :p
yeah the view are awesome, i listen to alot of contemporary christian.
mercy me are quite good
oh wow, how do you know the view?

:uhhuh: mercy me are really quite good

oh and i like that band that played at Hillsong Conference this year. i think it was delirious??

anndy

HSC
my respect for you has increased greatly since you said you don't like hillsong...
i agree, their teaching is somewhat heretical, but also i find that now their music is just a big marketing campaign, the fact thy put out a cd every year and all, they're kinda just sounding the same now?

anndy

HSC
i'm a dc talk fan though, even though they ain't together anymore.
joy williams is good....

HSC
half-handed cloud, from what i've heard, is a really good lo-fi indie/pop one man band.

the trees were a christian/hippie commune from the 70's, and their one album 'the christ tree' is some of the best folk/psychedelic music you'll ever hear.

trouble, brutal/chrushing + psychedelic, sabbath influenced doom metal from the 80's. one of my favourite bands at the moment.

hillsong sucks balls, and so do most christians :cool:

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
transcendent said:
Muse - Thoughts Of A Dying Atheist

Muse - Sing For Absolution
interesting.

personally, i only prefer hymns and praises that are not in any contemporary format. what pisses me off is when i see churches put the entire emphasise of their religious faith on song lyrics rather than having sound doctrine that can be taught, learnt and abided by.

and another thing that gets me, is when Christian churches tarnish their own foundations by taking on the rambling music styles of other churches of different denominations and completely different variants of Christianity.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
Those songs aren't directly Christian but more reflective on God's presence being the former and remorse in the second. I deplore any form of directly God praising song it's the equivalent of blowing someone off. It's humiliating.

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
bah hillsong,

underoath.......only good christian band....

AntonTheswan

Emisary Of The Gorgonites
From the forest itself comes the handle for the ax
HSC
Ben Harper
nuff said.

Although I am a Christian, most 'Christian Music' isn't that good. If it was good enought to be valued for the music itself rather than ideology, it would just be 'music'. U2, Ben Harper and Sting are all christians, who sing songs about christianity, but a talented enough to be valued for the music, not the fact that their christians. Thus if a band is famous for 'Christian Rock' its probably a sign they're not very good.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
bowman said:
underoath.......only good christian band....

not true

underoath, antiskeptic and blessed by a broken heart (even though they have the worst name ever)

i am as agnostic as they come but i can still appreciate a good tune, no matter what motivates it

esquared

HSC
i wish there were more good christian artists.

heck, i wish there were even a handful that didnt come off as a 2nd-rate copy of a mainstream band.

good on the christian hardcore bands for (perhaps) leading their genre, and actually making relevent and progressive music rather than just reacting to social trends so they can make easy music for conservative parents to cocoon their children with.

my dad plays guitar at hillsong sometimes.

cheesman

HSC
im a christian and i listen to
Hillsong/United
Tim Hughes ( the guy who wrote here i am to worship)
Matt Redman (wrote One Way Jesus, Blessed Be Your Name)

I really do recomend tim hughes, he is a fantastic song writer, Gods really blessed him in that
His stuff is dead simple, but it just sounds awesome.
I get lots of music from soul survivor compilations btw, so get some of those

super_girl

HSC
relient K are fantastic! i'm usually into more heavy Punk/Emo but Relient K really are fantastic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)