Notes: Typed Or Written? (1 Viewer)

cy91

HSC
what do u prefer to do:
type ur notes or write them

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
type. i can add more information later, i have a back up copy, it's faster and neater, i can format them differently

sleepplease

HSC
I have been writing mine. But I dont know what's best.
I've also been using a looseleaf system for my notes taken during class and I cant handle it, I'm moving back to books.
So i'm really confused about what works best.

p.s.y.c.h.o

HSC
N/A
i usually type them up and when i study for test i write them out. That's the only way i remember them

Faytle

open fire.
HSC
I used to type up my notes last year, but right now I'm writing them (mainly because the computer is way too distracting). ;(

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
Both. Write 'em up in some detail, makes me remember them. Then type them up shorthand and with less information for quicker study. If I need any extra info it's back to the textbook.

booties4

HSC
I tend to write my notes by hand because i find that if i type them, i dont recall the information as well as i would if i had written them.

Evergreen

HSC
i dont write any notes, i think its pretty useless since its in my notes anyway. i find it hard to write notes because of time management, its will be crazy writing notes for like 5 subjects. i usually draw these wierd complicated pictures that only i can remember, its pretty good, and it links heaps of stuff together, its pretty efficient and takes less time.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
i usually type my notes, as theyre easier to edit and you could add more stuff later on
plus it looks neater and more organised

Evergreen

HSC
btw i reckon it really depends on your learning style. if you are better at learning by reading then you should write detailed notes. if you are better at remembering pictures, then you should just remember them and convert them to words in tests. i think every1 should take their own learning style seriously.

but some subjects like english requires words only, so that might be a limitation. but for sciences, i rekon its useful to rmemeber pictures,.

i recently learnt there are 2 learning styles: written/auditory or visual.

williamc

HSC
Evergreen said:
i dont write any notes, i think its pretty useless since its in my notes anyway. i find it hard to write notes because of time management, its will be crazy writing notes for like 5 subjects. i usually draw these wierd complicated pictures that only i can remember, its pretty good, and it links heaps of stuff together, its pretty efficient and takes less time.

It's not that hard if you write the notes as you progress through the course. Although, probably only 10% of my grade did that in yr 11, because it means crap. For yr 11, i wrote my notes like the night before my exams.

This year i hand write them, and then type them up so they are easier to read.

Manwithaplan

HSC
I always write. By the time I finish, I usually know by heart most of what I wrote. When you type, it becomes robotic-like so you don't really need to concentrate as much. Not to mention distractions on the net.

I like having messy notes. That way, late at night, it makes me concentrate harder and I know I'm not just skimming through them without reading properly.

morganforrest

HSC
I download the syllabus for each of my subjects and type my notes up for each dot point. As you can imagine they're reasonably extensive notes, so before exams i go through my notes and hand write summaries of it to lock the important points in my brain. So I'm a mix of both.
And there are more than two types of ways to learn...visual/audial/kinesthetic/and most people are mixtures of them....i have friends who record their notes on ipod and lsiten to them on the bus...some who have their notes in front of them while they're on the treadmill...its whatever works for you...personally im a words sort of person, but lucky in that I have a good memory so i don't take that many notes in class, preferring to sit, listen and absorb rather than write.

HSC
N/A
Written. Less distraction cos I'm away from computer, can take and work on in class, and absorbed better.

Plus, then no one else will be able to read them. =)

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Typed.

Although throughout the HSC all my notes were hand written as I was able to draw all over them make connections quickly and it seemed to work so each to their own.

cs01001

HSC
Type, then handwrite main points prior to exams

cl3nta

HSC
i'm much different. I do a set of "first notes" which is mainly a collection of thoughts. I then collect the best notes from this site and students who do really well in each subject area (usually top3 in state) and read through them. I then structure up my notes and add what I missed out on. Works well. In terms of revising, I don't need to 'cos of all the reading that's been done. ps. I'm a humanities student:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)