Australian Open (1 Viewer)

HSC
yeah fuck me its fuckin stupid
i dunno i think the problem with womens is that serena seems to be a step above all the other players and just steam rolls her opponents... which is not that interesting to watch

maybe she should play in the mens tournament..

newmz89

Beer
HSC
tbh im dissapointed that federer cried after the game, i felt it took away from nadals win.

very happy that nadal won though :D

also glad that federer didn't get the 14th title from 18 grand slams. now he cant have the same conversion rate as sampras.

sampras <33

dum_di_dum

Gladiator
HSC
Check out Roger's interview

How many times does he have to stall by saying "you know" or "I mean". Like I said, the better player won today, just takes Fed a long time to acknowledge that. When has Fed shown as much compassion for his opponent as Nadal did for him today? Not once.

WTF

Q. Is there a feeling inside you that this is one that got away from you?

ROGER FEDERER: Uhm, well, I mean, kind of, you know.

HSC
Check out Roger's interview

How many times does he have to stall by saying "you know" or "I mean". Like I said, the better player won today, just takes Fed a long time to acknowledge that. When has Fed shown as much compassion for his opponent as Nadal did for him today? Not once.

WTF

Q. Is there a feeling inside you that this is one that got away from you?

ROGER FEDERER: Uhm, well, I mean, kind of, you know.
modesty has never been one of his strong suits
whenever he wins it's always: i played really well, the other guy played pretty good but i still won because i'm fantastic

Roy9

HSC
I was goin for Federer but yeah.. it was a really close classic match and he did his best.

good for Nadal though, 1st spaniard to win the aus open and everything.

But yeh, I reckon Federer will get that 14th grand slam title sometime in his career, maybe the U.S open this year..

Go Rodger Federer - The Swiss Master :headbang:
Wimbledon...

dum_di_dum

Gladiator
HSC
"Federer's press conference is a with all those "the best player not always wins", "I am happy with the way I played today", "I had many chances", "I can beat Rafa when serving 30%".

Federer's press conf is full of shit. He basically says that:

- he is the better player than Nadal
- he can win with Nadal, but he doesn't have luck
- Nadal is winning with him cause he is lefty"

Yes clearly Federer is never arrogant...

newmz89

Beer
HSC
I used to enjoy watching him play. But he has this annoying arrogance about the way he speaks now, hence why I am very happy he lost.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
You are fucking retarded though.

Federer arrogant in his acceptance speech? He was choking back tears for fucks sake! He clearly isn't used to making losing speeches over the past few years. I would rather a fake fan who says 'omg I love Rafa for his massive guns!!" then a Federer hater masquerading as a supporter of Nadal. The guy has been and always will be a class act. Dignified in defeat.

dum_di_dum, I have a media degree and even I couldn't read between those lines in his acceptance speech. Please, leave me alone as I burn my degree in peace because you are obviously the master of reading human psychology and discourse.

HSC
You are fucking retarded though.

Federer arrogant in his acceptance speech? He was choking back tears for fucks sake! He clearly isn't used to making losing speeches over the past few years. I would rather a fake fan who says 'omg I love Rafa for his massive guns!!" then a Federer hater masquerading as a supporter of Nadal. The guy has been and always will be a class act. Dignified in defeat.

dum_di_dum, I have a media degree and even I couldn't read between those lines in his acceptance speech. Please, leave me alone as I burn my degree in peace because you are obviously the master of reading human psychology and discourse.

oh wow a media degree clearly you know everything

i said he was arrogant in his other speeches, when he wins
but yeah he was a wanker for crying, sure it's emotional but don't steal the other guys moment

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
It feels like Vantage Point here - watching the same situation from different positions.

Re: stealing Nadal's moment, I think this was Federer's purge of catharsis - the point where he realised that he isn't really the best player in the world anymore. I assume he didn't want to but couldn't help it. He probably considered Wimbledon a blip. Nadal's superior stamina clearly gives him the edge in long contests.

Re: my media degree, I was being droll. Self-deprecation is so hard to do on forums lol.

HSC
It feels like Vantage Point here - watching the same situation from different positions.

Re: stealing Nadal's moment, I think this was Federer's purge of catharsis - the point where he realised that he isn't really the best player in the world anymore. I assume he didn't want to but couldn't help it. He probably considered Wimbledon a blip. Nadal's superior stamina clearly gives him the edge in long contests.

Re: my media degree, I was being droll. Self-deprecation is so hard to do on forums lol.
i'm glad you finally realised that... quite a step up from your "you're a fucking retard" argument

HSC
nadal did not win
federer had lost
the match was on fed's racquet considering his overwhelming winners and unforced errors
NB. 95 % of nadal's serves were directed at fed's backhand ... nadal didn't deserve to win...

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Fantasic open. Last night was as good as it gets. I was gunning for Federer, but my god Nadal has a powerful backhand. He just would not DIEZ!!! I'll admit that I jerked a tear during Fed's concession speech. It was surprising that a guy so famous for showing little/no emotion on the court broke down like that. And the crowd loved it.
Both of them were fantastic sportsmen. Genuine male role-models!

LordPc

HSC
nadal did not win
federer had lost
the match was on fed's racquet considering his overwhelming winners and unforced errors
NB. 95 % of nadal's serves were directed at fed's backhand ... nadal didn't deserve to win...
Firstly, Nadal's entire game isnt based around hitting a stack of winners, its based around keeping the ball alive and letting the opponent make unforced errors. Anyone versing Nadal has to take thier game to extreme levels, like Verdasco did, and if they cant maintain that for long enough, Nadal simply wins, which is what usually happens.

Secondly, Nadal hitting towards Federer's backhand doesnt mean he doesnt deserve to win, just the opposite. Nadal picked out Federer's weakness and attacked hit

jb_nc

Google &quot;9-11&quot; and &quot;truth&quot;
HSC
N/A
nadal did not win
federer had lost
He should have sliced those serves deep.

Why didn't he?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)