The Coles Thread (1 Viewer)

greekgun

HSC
FFUUUUUCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK UUUU coles and ur pissy 3 hour shifts trying to get me to work 5 3hr shifts just give me 1 or 2 big shifts u stupid greedy monopalising porch monkeys. They fucking around with my social life just so they dont give me a pissy 15 min break.

bdude

HSC
meh i just say catcha later or have a good day. Say whatevers most comfortable. But i dont think their really is a policy on how to say goodbye to a customer...coles just advises to say goodbye and tell them "thanks for shopping at coles".
I always get my times mixed up, especially when I do Friday night and then on saturday morning I tell people to "enjoy their night"

FFUUUUUCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK UUUU coles and ur pissy 3 hour shifts trying to get me to work 5 3hr shifts just give me 1 or 2 big shifts u stupid greedy monopalising porch monkeys. They fucking around with my social life just so they dont give me a pissy 15 min break.
For some reason, I got a 4.5hour shift last week which was pretty cool because it isn't much longer than 4 hours but you get the 'pissy' 15min break.

Kiim2507

HSC
What's the policy when finishing a transaction, what do you say? I usually finish with, 'enjoy your day' or something along those lines, I try and make it personal and mix it up, customer to customer. The other day we were told we had to finish off with 'and thanks for shopping at Coles/ with us'. How gay, automated and corporate does that sound especially when you're on express and you hear the other operators on either side of you almost in the same second say, 'and thanks for shopping at Coles'. Stupid bitches!
Lololol
Where I work we have to say "Thank you see you again next time" so it's like we're inviting them back to the store.
It sounds so wanky when you say it though.

jirwin

HSC
Does anyway have any idea whether I will get public holiday rates tomorrow? Its Newcastle Show Holiday which the Industrial Relations have said is a Local Public Holiday. I'm working 10am-7pm so I really hope so :)

jirwin

HSC
I doubt it. But Townie might know more.
Yea I doubt it too... wishful thinking. I found this in the SDA Coles Agreement:

Permanent team members shall be entitled without loss of pay to an additional public
holiday in a State or Territory or locality within a State or Territory when such public
holiday is proclaimed or gazetted by the authority of the Commonwealth Government or
of a State or Territory Government and such proclaimed or gazetted holiday is to be
observed generally by persons throughout the State or Territory or a locality.
Provided that additional days proclaimed as local public holidays will be treated as
additional paid days off or pay in lieu, but work performed on these days will not attract
holiday penalty rates. This shall include: Newcastle, and the Northern Territory show
days, Port Pirie Picnic Day and the ACT Family and Community Day, which is usually
observed on the first Tuesday in November in each year.
I'm not permanent though. I'm casual.

jirwin

HSC
It says there that they don't attract penalty rates, just days in lieu. Unlucky for a casual.
Thought that, oh well, didn't expect anything anyway. Just happy to have a full day shift so I basically get the weekend off :)

bdude

HSC
In Tassie I got public holiday rates for Devonport Show Day

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
In Tassie I got public holiday rates for Devonport Show Day
this is possibly due to a different award operating in TAS, tho I'd have to check. But i cant imagine coles (or woolworths, or any major corporation) paying public holiday rates unless they absolutely had to

jirwin

HSC
I've been told that we are not paid Public Holiday rates on Easter Saturday - is this correct?

bdude

HSC
It's not in Tasmania, it's given as lieu time. That's why casuals get 20% extra.

Club Orange

HSC
Why would Coles ask me for a copy of my birth certificate after having only worked there for a year and a half and only casually?

How bizarre.

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
Yay!, I no longerwork for this shitty company. SO sick of all the bullshit regarding rosters, just filling shelf after shelf every shift, never been happier now!

Do they just cancel my Discount Card immediately?? Im not going back there to hand it to them!

mitch179

HSC
Yay!, I no longerwork for this shitty company. SO sick of all the bullshit regarding rosters, just filling shelf after shelf every shift, never been happier now!

Do they just cancel my Discount Card immediately?? Im not going back there to hand it to them!
I know from people at my work that they just let it run out because it only has 6 months validity on it. Current ones expire in May.

bdude

HSC
OMG I AM SO PISSED OF AT THE SERVICE MANAGER RIGHT NOW!!

She has given me shifts that are outside of my available hours for the past four weeks. I'm not a f-ing magician lady, I can't get from school to home to work in twenty minutes.

At least I'm doing better than my friend who was marked as unavailable for a whole week for some reason and didn't get any shifts for four weeks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)