• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How to lose weight off my stomach (1 Viewer)

Smokee

HSC
I want to tone up/get healthier except I'm fairly clueless. I mainly just want to shed some weight off my stomach because thats all I think is necessary so I'm in the process of eating healtier and exercising more however I have a tight schedule so does anyone know some quick exercises I can do to lose weight off my stomach in particular?

I sometimes go to the gym but I don't have much time to anymore so I was planning on going for a 40 minute walk after work because I used to do that and I was quite fit then. Do you think that might be enough plus some other little things?

08er

HSC
as far as i know there's no such thing as spot reduction

Cisco-Kid

HSC
I want to tone up/get healthier except I'm fairly clueless. I mainly just want to shed some weight off my stomach because thats all I think is necessary so I'm in the process of eating healtier and exercising more however I have a tight schedule so does anyone know some quick exercises I can do to lose weight off my stomach in particular?

I sometimes go to the gym but I don't have much time to anymore so I was planning on going for a 40 minute walk after work because I used to do that and I was quite fit then. Do you think that might be enough plus some other little things?
you need to start doing a lot of cardio. like you mentioned, walkings good, but runnings always better. try eating less carbs and consume more protein. protein helps you feel fuller for longer and raises your motabolism. try keeping your calorie intake to about 2000 or less a day. but dont starve yourself!

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
nah, starve yourself.

works everytime.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
um no, you gain more weight in the short run. not to mention it being plain unhealthy
He's right. Your starvation reflex kicks in and starts converting every scrap of food you eat straight into fat.

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
um no, you gain more weight in the short run. not to mention it being plain unhealthy
i am aware of that. i was being sarcastic.

you get pretty much a pot belly when you starve yourself.....

rozymisty

HSC
yeah evidence of getting the pot belly from starving can be well seen on poor kids...

its hard to lose fat from the middle esp for women, adn depends on what shape you are. I think its harder coz the body wants to keep the fat around your abdo organs and stuff.

iNerd

Banned
HSC
running
and cycling is the way to go
and eat well

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
eat more fruits and vege's, try not to eat too much red meat, eat lean meat, eat less fatty foods, exercise regularly.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Apparently doing 500 situps isnt effective. but doing 25 is enough
What kind of backwards logic is this? more situps means you are exercising more and comsuming more energy = weight loss.

this thread is full of it, you cant spot reduce fat, the only way to lose fat is to consume less energy than you expend, so yes starving yourself will work [though not a good idea] because you are consuming less calories, but so will exercising because you are then expending more calories.

I recommend strength training, its almost as good as a cardio workout, but once you have stronger muscles they burn calories all day even when you dont do anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)