Books that made you fall asleep (1 Viewer)

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Emma - Jane Austen (i had to read for english, year 12).

It was a warm summer night, around 8pm, i was lying down in bed reading Emma, it was so boring and i felt like going to sleep. I rested my head on my pillow for a few seconds.
Next thing i know im waking up, im not in blankets, my light is off, and its about 2am. Im wondering why im not in my sleeping clothes, i think what was the last thing i did.. "lets see, i was reading Emma, did i go watch Medium? Hang on..", i looked at the ground, the book is lying there, fallen out of my hand, lol.

First time i literally fell asleep while reading a book.

How about everyone else?

HSC
N/A
Ullysses

Same experience as Omie Jay

some books are just shit. Emma was alright.

HSC
N/A
nah i haven't read it
not sure i want to now

:(

gonna start the brothers karamazov later tonight
hopefully it's good!

^_^

Uncle

Banned
HSC
history books except asterix comix.
anything on art or history.
or business

It was a warm summer night, around 8pm, i was lying down in bed reading Emma, it was so boring and i felt like going to sleep. I rested my head on my pillow for a few seconds.
Next thing i know im waking up, im not in blankets, my light is off, and its about 2am. Im wondering why im not in my sleeping clothes, i think what was the last thing i did.. "lets see, i was reading Emma, did i go watch Medium? Hang on..", i looked at the ground, the book is lying there, fallen out of my hand, lol.

How about everyone else?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAA

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
The Jane Austen Book Club by an author I can not remember. I literally forced myself to aim for 50 pages a day, after that I watched the movie.

Enigmanation

HSC
The Fiftieth Gate - Mark Baker. The definition of shit. I find it quite impossible to sit and read more than half a chapter at a time.

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
Name of the Rose by Umberto Eco.

My first ever post on BOS was a critique of this book and its utter shittyness.

The book more often than not goes on a tangent by quoting multiple pages of latin before switching back to the indecipherable plot.

Even if you were able to bear the ridiculous amount of offhand references in the book, then what's left is a weird story about some gay monks' love affair, secret books and a villainous old guy named abo?

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
When You Are Engulfed in Flames - David Sedaris

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
all set english texts for the hsc
the BOS wants us to sleep by reading them ==''

kawaiinlove

HSC

How about everyone else?
Oh gawd. Have to read that these holidays *cries* i didnt even get past the first page without slamming the book shut.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
dont worry, i never actually read emma (only the first 3-4 chapters), didnt finish OGS either (only read a few chaps of that too), lol.

i think i managed a 64 or 67 as my hsc mark for english :)

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Frankenstein and my Year 11 Economics textbook by Tim Riley.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)