• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Forced Abortion (1 Viewer)

Sprangler

HSC
Considering how often cases where the state attempted to force abortion upon someone would be challenged and subject to lengthy and expensive dispute in a court, not reeaaallllyyyyy
the last two words of that sentence disturb me. since when did the bottom line become the final justification for everything in society? It isn't, nor should it ever be. There are more important things than a healthy profit: a healthy, living, unaborted infant, for instance.
I was talking about the Nazi thing. But back on topic, are you saying you would rather a child to grow up with severe mental illnesses, or with lack of care from unfit parents, or in any of the other situations that I listed in the other thread, than not at all? Is it right for a child to grow up in these terrible situations that this child has absolutely no power over, just because you think it's wrong?

Last edited:

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
I was talking about the Nazi thing. But back on topic, are you saying you would rather a child to grow up with severe mental illnesses, or with lack of care from unfit parents, or in any of the other situations that I listed in the other thread, than not at all? Is it right for a child to grow up in these terrible situations that this child has absolutely no power over, just because you think it's wrong?
You're not pro-infanticide, are you? You sound like someone who would be...

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
umm if the parents are uncapable of taking care of the child then they child should be put up for adoption.

K

khorne

abortion is wrong, if the child can not be cared for or unwanted the child should be put up for adoption there are thousands of people who would love a baby, and can not, and there are thousands of women having abortions, whilst some people never get to adopt
I'm sorry...That's a fallacy:

First, that assumes at undeveloped babies are children, which is the argument itself!

Next, you're claiming that many abort yet not many are allowed to adopt? Another fallacy. So...I call bullshit.

HSC
A human is created the second the egg and sperm become one, if in case of rape or the mothers life is at risk ( which is the mothers choice whether to terminate pregnancy or not) then abortion may be possible, but a girl that got raped may go through with the pregnancy and then put the baby up for adoption.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
A human is created the second the egg and sperm become one, if in case of rape or the mothers life is at risk ( which is the mothers choice whether to terminate pregnancy or not) then abortion may be possible, but a girl that got raped may go through with the pregnancy and then put the baby up for adoption.
get the fuck out

Plodygon

HSC
Sorry to kick a dead horse, but...

Abortion is Murder.
That's an ethical opinion. Opinions have no place in a factual debate concerning something as serious as medical laws. Abortion is murder in the same way that curing a virus is murder. Or removing a tapeworm, as previously stated. A foetus is undeveloped potential life, nothing more. And no woman should be forced to have or not have a baby based on stupid laws or old medieval crackpot religions.

Women have the right to choose their future. Just like everybody else.

An induced abortion is the termination of a pregnancy. The removal of a embryo/fetus from the uterus, resulting in the death of that embryo/fetus.

There may be some situations in which the subject of abortion may arise, such as if the girl in question was raped resulting in a pregnancy, or if the baby had a syndrome which meant they may not be able to survive outside the womb, or if the mother is in direct danger because of the pregnancy, but terminating a life without a real reason, such as those mentioned by you, is murder.

*If the couple in question are unable to prevent a pregnancy through contraception/condoms, clearly they are incompetent enough to care for a child.

No form of contraceptive is 100% effective. I had 2 friends that both fell pregnant while on the pill. What's the age cutoff for this? A 30 and 32 year old couple, who already have 2 children fall pregnant through the failure of a condom or mishap with the pill, should they be forced to have an abortion as well? Are they declared incompetent?

*If the couple is young/single parent the financial support would not be there to care for a child. Hence the child would be disadvantage from even before birth.

Just because a couple is young does not mean they would not have the financial support they need. Family and friends who actually care about them would be more than happy to help if the coupld in question needed it - sure they shouldn't have to - but that's what you do when you love someone. As for single parents... again I'm going to use the 30 and 32 year old as an example. The husband dies in a car accident or workplace accident or something shortly after the wife announces she's pregnant - should she be forced to have an abortion now that she is classed as a single parent?

*It negatively effects all tax payers, let alone other family members/friends/community, due to extra support other then what is usually given is needed.

As I said, when you love and care about someone you don't mind helping them out. Don't be so cold hearted.

As they say, every abortion is just:

One more heart that was stopped.
Two more eyes that will never see.
Two more hands that will never touch.
Two more legs that will never run.
One more mouth that will never speak.
You're deluded by your own beliefs. Yes, poetry is pretty, but that doesn't mean you're right. You're actually wrong. I don't know whether you have children, and really I don't think it's my business to ask, but it's a bloody big thing to have a baby. Even if you decided not to keep it, the emotional strain would be enormous. Not to mention the social situations, hospital bills, even the shame. After all, the health and safety of the ALREADY ALIVE woman, should be considered over that of the developing foetus. You tell us not to be cold-hearted? I tell you not to be a narrow-minded moron.

Welcome to the twenty-first century. Generally, nowadays, people have rights. And if you want to live in a world where women are renounced and controlled by ethical or religious crap, do the real world a favour...

Go and live in a cave for the rest of your life.

Last edited:

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
I'm sorry...That's a fallacy:

First, that assumes at undeveloped babies are children, which is the argument itself!

Next, you're claiming that many abort yet not many are allowed to adopt? Another fallacy. So...I call bullshit.
I never said not allowed to adopt, but want to adopt and can not because the waiting lists are so long.

Plodygon

HSC
I never said not allowed to adopt, but want to adopt and can not because the waiting lists are so long.
Oh, and it's just an easy breezy walk in the park for the woman who actually has to give birth to the baby. Have some empathy, for god's sake.

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
Oh, and it's just an easy breezy walk in the park for the woman who actually has to give birth to the baby. Have some empathy, for god's sake.
So it is OK to kill an innocent life to protect the feelings of the mother?
oh cos a abortion is such an easy thing to live with the rest of your life isn't it?

Plodygon

HSC
So it is OK to kill an innocent life to protect the feelings of the mother?
oh cos a abortion is such an easy thing to live with the rest of your life isn't it?
Life? Oh, its been ALIVE for a few weeks, so automatically (and because it is such a dear little thing) it's 'life' should be valued over that of the mother's. Who has been around longer, is loved by others and has a direction with her life.

And I'd say living with an abortion would be a lot easier than actually going through with the pregnancy, carrying the baby for nine months, giving birth and then living for the rest of your life knowing that somewhere out there your child is alive and with people you have never met before in your entire life. Of course abortion is hard, but actually having a baby would be harder. Period.

You obviously have no idea how complex this really is.

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
Life? Oh, its been ALIVE for a few weeks, so automatically (and because it is such a dear little thing) it's 'life' should be valued over that of the mother's. Who has been around longer, is loved by others and has a direction with her life.

And I'd say living with an abortion would be a lot easier than actually going through with the pregnancy, carrying the baby for nine months, giving birth and then living for the rest of your life knowing that somewhere out there your child is alive and with people you have never met before in your entire life. Of course abortion is hard, but actually having a baby would be harder. Period.

You obviously have no idea how complex this really is.
that is like someone saying "Oh i just did not want to go through the pregnancy and birth only to give someone else a lifetime of happiness and joy and let them fulfil there dreams of a child cos it is tough on me, so i made the selfish decision to have an abortion." To pretend that abortion is a better alternative then adoption is stupid.

Please note i am not saying all people who have an abortion are selfish, however i do think that many people have an abortion because they do not want a baby to interupt there life.

Sprangler

HSC
It's their life, you fucking dolt, people like you are the selfish ones for saying others have to go through an entire pregnancy just to give the baby away to someone else at the end. Also how do you know the waiting lists are long? Where are you getting your information from?

Plodygon

HSC
that is like someone saying "Oh i just did not want to go through the pregnancy and birth only to give someone else a lifetime of happiness and joy and let them fulfil there dreams of a child cos it is tough on me, so i made the selfish decision to have an abortion." To pretend that abortion is a better alternative then adoption is stupid.

Please note i am not saying all people who have an abortion are selfish, however i do think that many people have an abortion because they do not want a baby to interupt there life.
Oh, don't be ridiculous. If you think that the majorty of people who fall pregnant and choose an abortion actually say that, you truly are puffin' muffins. People aren't actually that tedious. I'm sorry, but the rights of the child do not come before the rights of the woman. So too, for that matter, the rights of the couple waiting to adopt.

And yes, exactly. If I suddenly fell pregnant right now, I'd get an abortion. I don't want a baby to interrupt my life. And it doesn't matter whether you're 15 or 36 or 55. The choice is yours, not other members of the society who are too narrow-minded to empthasize with women.

The only argument that I can accept, is that if women start using abortion as a form of contraceptive. That's wrong, but still that doesn't mean abortion is selfish or evil.

Remember, what gives one couple a 'lifetime of happiness and joy' may not do the same for another. That isn't fair. And in most cases, women who choose to have an abortion HAVE chosen the better alternative.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
I say this again, but mcflystar, you have no idea what is involved with pregnancy and giving birth.

To suggest that people should be forced to do this against their own will, for the process of adoption, is fucking dumb.

Do you know how many Australian gets get adopted every year? Not as many as those that get parceled off to foster care for lack of suitable adopters.

There are already how many millions of orphaned kids in the world that can be adopted, but aren't. Why bring another one in?

Sprangler

HSC
Yeah. Can't they just adopt an African or a Palestinian or something?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)