Should boat people be granted immigration status? (1 Viewer)

Cazic

HSC
most refugees will have some basic grasp of english, a majority of people from non english speaking countries speak or are learning english and yes, being thrown into an english speaking society is probably the best way to learn english.
.. yes, being thrown into a mathematics using society is probably the best way to learn mathematics.

.. yes, being thrown into a society that builds things to a higher standard than your average Afghani mud hut engineer is probably the best way to learn how to build something better than your average Afghani mud hut.

Give me a break. We set up institutions and systems to help train every one of us, from school, universities and TAFE campuses to apprenticeships and traineeships. Why shouldn't we set up a similar system for boat people? We should, and in doing so we should show them respect, but that is not equivalent to simply letting them lose like a bunch of sheep on a farm. If they already have the relevant skills and are right to go in Australian society it should be a quick and painless process.

these people are not retarded, they do not need a controlled environment, most refugees have been living in war zones or refugee camps, they are perfectly capable of integrating into a society. there are several services to help people in australia attain jobs, accommodation etc.

refugees have done nothing wrong, they don't need to be patronized and treated like criminals.
Look, I think that asking for a little patience on their part while we suss them out and make sure they're 'ok' (whatever that is supposed to mean, but war zones aren't exactly known for churning out perfectly stable people, and I don't like the idea of letting in people, unchecked, who are escaping from some biological threat, etc), while in the process offering skills development, is a small price to ask them to pay to escape 'hell', no?

HSC
N/A
You really do have sand in your vagina over this. It's for security to weed out undesirables and to wait out the red tape period. It takes time to set up refugee status, immigration isnt a fast system. And in that time they arent technically/legally meant to be on australian mainland. Shit, how about we just send them back to where they came from while they wait?
a) you smell
b) immigration can be a fast system
c) it's really not nessecary to lock them up on some far out island to see if they're bad or not. and in any case, what makes you think watching them in isolation is going to show us whether or not they'll become a terrorist on the mainland?
c) you smell

:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

HSC
N/A
.. yes, being thrown into a mathematics using society is probably the best way to learn mathematics.

.. yes, being thrown into a society that builds things to a higher standard than your average Afghani mud hut engineer is probably the best way to learn how to build something better than your average Afghani mud hut.

Give me a break. We set up institutions and systems to help train every one of us, from school, universities and TAFE campuses to apprenticeships and traineeships. Why shouldn't we set up a similar system for boat people? We should, and in doing so we should show them respect, but that is not equivalent to simply letting them lose like a bunch of sheep on a farm. If they already have the relevant skills and are right to go in Australian society it should be a quick and painless process.

Look, I think that asking for a little patience on their part while we suss them out and make sure they're 'ok' (whatever that is supposed to mean, but war zones aren't exactly known for churning out perfectly stable people, and I don't like the idea of letting in people, unchecked, who are escaping from some biological threat, etc), while in the process offering skills development, is a small price to ask them to pay to escape 'hell', no?
that was quite possibly the worst post i've ever read on bos.

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
You really do have sand in your vagina over this. It's for security to weed out undesirables and to wait out the red tape period. It takes time to set up refugee status, immigration isnt a fast system. And in that time they arent technically/legally meant to be on australian mainland. Shit, how about we just send them back to where they came from while they wait?
serz our humanitarian responsibility. by all means set up refugee status, but don't lock people up on an island whilst you do it. monitor the refugee's progress, assist them, whatever, but there is no need to incarcerate them.

HSC
If they ONLY WANT TO SURVIVE and ESCAPE from BEING KILLED,

why Australia? I mean, to get to Australia, they have to get across dozens of countries with stable conditions that are totally sufficient for them to not get killed or persecuted.

But again, why Australia?

Are the policies too soft? Or is international community puts too less effort in stablise countries where refugees are coming from, like Afghanistan?

HSC
N/A
HOLY SHIT, WE COULD RUN A BIG BROTHER CHRISTMAS ISLAND OFF THIS SHIT

Oh and no you smell.
you give me ten examples of people who were succesfully sussed out at some island detention centre for being terrorists or smallpox carriers or whatever other bullshit you're trying to peddle

and i'll give you ten thousand example of undue cruelty and imprisonment

i ain't saying we should let them run off willy nilly into society so they can all open kebab and indian food shops which will be doomed to failure 2 weeks after opening, i'm just saying that locking them up in an island prison is moronic.

like you

you smell:rudolf::rudolf::rudolf::rudolf::rudolf::rudolf:

HSC
N/A
If they ONLY WANT TO SURVIVE and ESCAPE from BEING KILLED,

why Australia? I mean, to get to Australia, they have to get across dozens of countries with stable conditions that are totally sufficient for them to not get killed or persecuted.

But again, why Australia?

Are the policies too soft? Or is international community puts too less effort in stablise countries where refugees are coming from, like Afghanistan?
nice irrelevant point. piss off dickwad.

HSC
N/A
All that is being done. ON A TROPICAL ISLAND. Shit have you seen the facilities at these places? They are actually really good.

Make great props for riots too.
it's all well and good until they get to the

ELECTRIC NEEDLE ROOM? OMG AAAHHHHRGHGHHH!!1

Sprangler

HSC
serz our humanitarian responsibility. by all means set up refugee status, but don't lock people up on an island whilst you do it. monitor the refugee's progress, assist them, whatever, but there is no need to incarcerate them.
The whole idea of putting them on Christmas Island is so they won't need to be monitored or assisted when they get to the main land. It's a social concern for people who are vulnerable and at risk to help them settle before they get here, and a security concern to try and weed out the extremists.

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
or we could not watch them at christmas island
not make them endure like, shit conditions
and monitor on the mainland

ALL FOR A VERY LOW FEE!!!

omg nah they're boat ppl THEY MIGHT HAVE SMALLPOX!!!!!1!!

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
The whole idea of putting them on Christmas Island is so they won't need to be monitored or assisted when they get to the main land. It's a social concern for people who are vulnerable and at risk and a security to try and weed out the extremists.
the whole idea of putting them on christmas island was a part of the racist and disgusting pacific solution. incarcerating refugees has nothing to do with helping them.

Sprangler

HSC
or we could not watch them at christmas island
not make them endure like, shit conditions
and monitor on the mainland

ALL FOR A VERY LOW FEE!!!

omg nah they're boat ppl THEY MIGHT HAVE SMALLPOX!!!!!1!!
Yeah you're right dude, let them come to Australia, let them loose to do whatever the fuck they want. We don't even need "borders", or "citizenship" or any of that oppressive bureaucratic BS.

HSC
N/A
mmm, because i'm sure that our harsh border protection policies are a pretty active deterrent against those fleeing from war torn countries and shit.

and the AFP isn't capable of monitoring the 0.000000000000000000000000001% of them that will become problematic anyway

you nimrod. you stupid cunt.

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
Yeah you're right dude, let them come to Australia, let them loose to do whatever the fuck they want. We don't even need "borders", or "citizenship" or any of that oppressive bureaucratic BS.
nah we have to preserve our race, wouldnt want our country taken over by immigrants, theyll take our jobs!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)