Pedophile Ferguson can't be forced to move (1 Viewer)

Uncle

Banned
HSC
Pedophile Dennis Ferguson 'there to stay'

Summary:

Notorious pedophile Dennis Ferguson remains at his current Sydney address despite the state government believing it is not appropriate for him to be there

"He's like any other tenant in a rental property," [spokesperson for Mr Borger] said.
Full Article below, TL;DR

Pedophile Ferguson can't be forced to move
September 15, 2009 - 9:35AM

Notorious pedophile Dennis Ferguson remains at his current Sydney address despite the state government believing it is not appropriate for him to be there.

The 61-year-old, who has previously been run out of communities in Queensland because of his past convictions for child sex offences, has been living in public housing in the Ryde area of northwestern Sydney for the past two weeks.

Outraged locals at the weekend protested at his presence.

NSW Housing Minister David Borger said on Monday that he did not feel comfortable with Mr Ferguson living in Ryde, and he would attempt to have him removed.

However, on Tuesday a spokeswoman for Mr Borger told AAP the government could not force him to leave.

"He's like any other tenant in a rental property," she said.

"The minister's comments yesterday were about (him saying) he wants him to go ... to find another suitable location."

"But he is like any other tenant. He cannot be forced to move."

A current neighbour of Mr Ferguson said he deserved a fair chance.

"What do we do with him? He's got to live somewhere," she told the Fairfax Radio Network on Tuesday.

"He's an elderly man now, he's frail."

"Until he does something wrong, what do we do?"

The woman, Mary, said she had no idea who Mr Ferguson was when she met him, but appreciated the work he had done in a community garden.

"I just found him to be a very gentle and kind old man, the type of person you were happy to have as a neighbour. He wasn't a drug dealer," she said.

"I felt quite ashamed of the way he was treated yesterday morning," she added of Mr Ferguson's treatment by the media on Monday.

"They (the media) were just hanging around and talking and laughing among themselves. It was just like a get together party."

AAP

Whether you are a hardened soldier or a person convicted in the past for child molestation, freedom is a right.
Freedom is the right of all sentient beings.

"He's an elderly man now, he's frail."
wow that means i cant take a walk to the shops 600m away just to buy some groceries, ill get someone to do that for me.

I just found him to be a very gentle and kind old man, the type of person you were happy to have as a neighbour. He wasn't a drug dealer,
So is Geoffery Leonard, he is only after young boys not drugs specifically after all.

Last edited:

brittanica-

HSC
Whether you are a hardened soldier or a person convicted in the past for child molestation, freedom is a right.
Freedom is the right of all sentient beings.
bullshit!
he stole other peoples freedom as far as im concerned he doesnt deserve any.

beaf

HSC
Uh no. He is a convicted child molester, therefor he should not be allowed to be around children!

Notorious pedophile

He is called that for a reason.

I just found him to be a very gentle and kind old man, the type of person you were happy to have as a neighbour. He wasn't a drug dealer,

Sure he is going to be a kind old man because he wants to molest your children. People are not always how they appear on the surface and you cannot determine he will never harm another child just because he is 'kind'

I agree that everybody has freedom of right but really he should be moved to a place where children are not 5 minutes down the road at a school.

johony

HSC
i saw him reading a book at the front of my local library last friday.

i do firmly believe in a second chance for all offenders who have apologised for their actions, however as i know ferguson has never repented for his actions or sought rehabilitation whilst in jail. this in turn has allowed the media to create such relentless hysteria surrounding his presence around children - which irks me.

the matter of the fact is - there is essentially nowhere within Australia for ferguson to go now without being near children. the best we can hope for is that there is enough support for him to ensure that he won't commit another crime again. a somewhat lofty hope, but there isn't any other choice.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
On the point that freedom is a right: Sure, but only until you encroach in the freedom of others.

Jeee

Banned
HSC
bullshit!
he stole other peoples freedom as far as im concerned he doesnt deserve any.
this

"I just found him to be a very gentle and kind old man, the type of person you were happy to have as a neighbour. He wasn't a drug dealer," she said."
She's probably in on it - the two of them, luring little kids and raping them.

Sprangler

HSC
Did you get the name?

It was probably called 'How To Molest Kids and Gain Sympathy' by Ivanna Rapedem.
Or maybe: 'How to marry and have sex with kids and justify it in the name of Islam' by Prophet Muhammad.

C

copkiller

I agree that everybody has freedom of right but really he should be moved to a place where children are not 5 minutes down the road at a school.
Children and schools are everywhere. In any urban area a school will generally be no more than around 5 minutes away.

It seems pretty ridiculous to suggest that the travel time to get to children is going to be a significant factor in determining whether he re-offends or not.

"Oh yeah, I'd love to molest some kids today, but I couldn't be bothered driving 20 minutes through that ghastly traffic."

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
He has allready paid the price and served his conviction, he is complying with all laws regarding distance to schools etc, i dont see what the problem is.

We dont hassle other ex-cons, especially when they are complying with all rules regarding their release.

We all know that 99% of child molestation happens from a trusted adult, while the parents are freaking out watching this guy, they let uncle tom babysit and play happytime in the bathtub.

incentivation

Hmmmmm....
HSC
N/A
It is a difficult situation.

From an objective viewpoint, he has served his time, and 'justice' has been achieved. There are hundreds of other convicted paedophiles out there living in anonymity. Why should this man be treated any differently?

Subjectively though, if I were a parent in the area, I would have extreme reservations about having a man of this nature living in the same street, or near to their school. This of course is where emotion tends to cloud objective reasoning.

We can partially blame the presiding sentencing Judge for the situation. He failed to make an order for a psychiatric assessment to determine his ability to control the sexual urges, instead opting for the usual mode of sentencing. Without this assessment, we are left in doubt as to whether this man is a psychopath with a never ending desire for sexual gratification with children.

Interesting article here: http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,23968372-5017590,00.html

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
the main problem here wherever he goes the neighbours are not going to like it

saberbladexx

HSC
Keep him under surveillance, that sicko filth can't be trusted, he has taken other's freedom as someone stated above, he should face no less himself.
Most people who have little children would agree with me.

Once a pedophile always a pedophile.

HSC
N/A
I'm utterly BAMBOOZLED by these "freedom" claims. The man was convicted for what was it? Nine years or something, for what must have been a pretty minor charge in the scheme of things. If it was that heinous he'd still be in prison. If you're going to make these utilitarian claims then you're stuck with a problem: Taking Ferguson's freedom for the rest of his life by hassling him and making his life impossibly difficult is going to restrict his freedom to a greater extent than the deprivation of freedom he subjected his victims to. We're doing nobody any favours by tormenting the man beyond the scope of his crimes.

I believe in an eye for an eye! But when it comes to pedophiles it's like an eye for a life, and that's fundamentally st00pid. Pedophiles are just like any other criminals.

And furthermore, where is he supposed to go? According to 2UE, a fundamentally factual and objective source, in the US lots of pedophiles are denied housing so they become homeless, where they start re-offending and causing a whole host of other problems. Better to stick them in a housing commission house amongst friendly old people than to make them homeless or to send them to Broken Hill...nobody deserves to be stuck out there with the mad bogan scum!!!

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
It is a difficult situation.

From an objective viewpoint, he has served his time, and 'justice' has been achieved. There are hundreds of other convicted paedophiles out there living in anonymity. Why should this man be treated any differently?

Subjectively though, if I were a parent in the area, I would have extreme reservations about having a man of this nature living in the same street, or near to their school. This of course is where emotion tends to cloud objective reasoning.

We can partially blame the presiding sentencing Judge for the situation. He failed to make an order for a psychiatric assessment to determine his ability to control the sexual urges, instead opting for the usual mode of sentencing. Without this assessment, we are left in doubt as to whether this man is a psychopath with a never ending desire for sexual gratification with children.

Interesting article here: Perversion of the law - background to the Dennis Ferguson case | The Courier-Mail
Its just more "not in my backyard' syndrome bullshit. If you recognise that he has the right to live in peace after serving his time then the man has to live somewhere, and wherever that is, parents are going to kick up a fuss.

I have no idea why, the pedophile hiding in the shadows is pretty much a myth, the majority of sex offenses are commited by a known and trusted adult. They should be more worried about that trusted coach, or the friendly neighbour who always seems a little too eager to babysit.
His chances of reoffending are pretty low, i would have no problem in him living in my street... i am sure there are more unsavoury people in my area that we dont hear about, other sex offenders, released murderers, violent drunks etc. A partially blind old man who served his time and commited the crime years and years ago is pretty low on the worry scale.

HSC
N/A
hey serius, do you know who's more likely to be a pedophile than a random uncle?

A CONVICTED PEDOPHILE!

John McCain

Horse liberty
HSC
N/A
Where is he supposed to go, he's been chased out of so many neighbourhoods. I feel pity for him.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
hey serius, do you know who's more likely to be a pedophile than a random uncle?

A CONVICTED PEDOPHILE!
You can be convicted for being a pedophile now? wow thats news to me.

besides, i wasnt talking about pedophiles, i was talking about child molesters.

Who do you think is more likely to get a chance to molest a kid, the convicted child molestor who is in the news every day and has parents picketing his house, or the closet pedophile thats nobody suspects because he is a "really nice guy" coaches the soccer team and is always eager to babysit.

banco55

HSC
Say what you like about the US but I think they are often better at sentencing these people. Considering he kidnapped two kids and then molested them he should still be in jail. A lot of these problems would be solved by loooong sentences for these animals. If you do what this guy did I don't really see why you should ever be released. You can get life for large scale drug importation after all and what he did is arguably worse.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)