Unfair Parking Fine! (1 Viewer)

TypeR

HSC
Hey guys,
I need your opinion in something

I got a fine today because I was apparently parked in a Taxi Zone on Sussex Street in the City on 31/7 at 11:55pm. I work as a security guard in the city and thats why I was around there.

But I remember that night when I parked at Sussex St, it wasnt a Taxi Zone and it was a 2P (or 4P) parking zone. I called the State Debt Recovery Office, and they told me to call the Sydney Council to request the photograph of the offence. I rang up the Sydney Council, they said they dont always take photographs but they will see if there is one (which I highly doubt)

Also, there was a work colleague with me in the car and we were both certain that it wasnt a taxi zone (maybe he can be used as a witness)

Now if they dont have a photograph of the offence, is it worthwhile to take it to court?

Also, if I take it to court and I win the case, will I have to pay any court fees? How about if I lose? Im a student, is there any government assistance so I dont pay the fees?

Thanks alot

yuri_gagarin

Banned
HSC
1) take it to court. 70% of fines get dismissed or whatever
2) *if* you lose, i assume you have to pay court fees, and no there is no govt assistance i can think of
3) get sum real legal advice from people with experience

TypeR

HSC
They sent me a photograph of the offence

Its a really funny one actually, it does not show anything besides the car being parked perfectly behind another car. No Taxi Zone sign or anything

here it is

TypeR

HSC
Nevertheless, thats not the point.

The offence was "Stop in a Taxi Zone"

Where is the evidence that it is parked in a Taxi Zone?

Why didnt they take more than one photo, or from an angle that shows the Taxi Zone sign?

quik.

HSC
Tell them exactly that, be polite but firm and ask that they drop the fine because the photo shows nothing

While you are waiting for them to reply, go to the location and take photos. Make sure they are clear and show that there is no taxi bay

If there is a taxi bay, you'll just have to cop it sweet mate. If not, you get to stick it to the man

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
Dude there's a timestamp on that photo. Couldn't you use that?

Lukybear

HSC
I think you should listen to the other guy before us. Go and check and make sure for certain that it aint a taxi zone. Then bring it up with the council. And if that dosent work, use the photo to prove you location, and take pictures of your own to show that it aint a taxi zone. Fight in court and win!

All of which is the case if that wasnt a taxi zone.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I think you should listen to the other guy before us. Go and check and make sure for certain that it aint a taxi zone. Then bring it up with the council. And if that dosent work, use the photo to prove you location, and take pictures of your own to show that it aint a taxi zone. Fight in court and win!

All of which is the case if that wasnt a taxi zone.
I agree that you should go and check the area out. From the pic it looks vaguely like the area near Slip Inn bar which I wouldn't be surprised if that was a taxi rank at night time.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Another piece of advice, don't expect that to be the only photo they have. The whole point of them taking photos is to prove that you were illegally parked. Any money says if you front in court with just that photo to support your argument they'll pull out a few more.

TypeR

HSC
Thanks for the advice guys

Here is the exact location, it is infront of Chinese Laundry if im not mistaken.

Maybe someone can confirm its not a taxi zone?

quik.

HSC
It definitely wasn't a taxi zone

I dunno could someone check maybe

Oh it was a taxi zone

Sigh

TypeR

HSC
I was parked where this Commodore is.

What does that sign read anyone know?

Theres a Parking Meter there

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)