• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Homosexuality in Australia (1 Viewer)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I agree. I admit that my attitude in this thread has been largely unhelpful to non-believers. Also i've come to realise that there is no 'us and them', but only 'we'

Channy17

HSC
I believe in God and I'm gay. I dont think all religious people are like Iron and will "look after their own members", thats more a closed minded old way of thinking that I think has started to walk out the door. I have noticed that alot more christians are not as narrow minded when it comes to believing religion and they dont take everything with a grain of salt. That not EVERYTHING in the bible is definitely the word of God. and I like that.
I think religion is very messed up these days and used for the wrong reasons. Pure faith for me is my personal relationship with God and none of this mumbojumbo bullshit about what you can do and cant do. Humans decided that.
I think in the end, it doesnt matter what people like Iron and others who have very distorted views on being gay and why we're gay and whose to blame and wheres the vaccine and if its contagious. Cause people like you will eventually cease to exist while the rest of will have learnt to co-exist and be happy. :)

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
I believe in God and I'm gay. I dont think all religious people are like Iron and will "look after their own members", thats more a closed minded old way of thinking that I think has started to walk out the door. I have noticed that alot more christians are not as narrow minded when it comes to believing religion and they dont take everything with a grain of salt. That not EVERYTHING in the bible is definitely the word of God. and I like that.
I think religion is very messed up these days and used for the wrong reasons. Pure faith for me is my personal relationship with God and none of this mumbojumbo bullshit about what you can do and cant do. Humans decided that.
I think in the end, it doesnt matter what people like Iron and others who have very distorted views on being gay and why we're gay and whose to blame and wheres the vaccine and if its contagious. Cause people like you will eventually cease to exist while the rest of will have learnt to co-exist and be happy. :)
I agree, the parts of the bible that order the murder of homosexuals aren't the word of god. Everything else is. Easy!

HSC
It would be wrong to assume that people who argue for the biological origin of homosexuality are inherently saying that it is a disease. Kwayera, for instance, would argue that it is a genetic difference akin to the difference between people with brown and red hair. So no, I don't think believing that people are born gay necessarily leads down the homosexuality=pathology path.

As to why the aetiology of homosexuality is important, I'm not sure. Knowledge for knowledge's sake? *shrug* Maybe it isn't.

Tangent

HSC
If there was a magic pill that cured homosexuality... Would everyone take it?
i would have if u asked me a year and a half ago...now, no

if there was a pill, it would be like going backwards. its like having dark skin, you can change its colour with chemicals, but it doesnt solve the problem of the stigma associated with that.

its the stigma that needs to be dealt with. some people need to change their views. There is nothing 'wrong' because there is nothing 'right'

HSC
If there was a magic pill that cured homosexuality... Would everyone take it? Would homosexuality cease to be a legitimate way of conducting one's love life?
Uhm. Gut reaction is no. I suspect because it would be tantamount to admitting that there is something wrong, or "sick", with me. (Shut up Iron).

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I don't support it because I see it as unnatural. Besides, being called "gay" at school is an insult - which means this result in the poll surprises me somewhat.

Tangent

HSC
I don't support it because I see it as unnatural. Besides, being called "gay" at school is an insult - which means this result in the poll surprises me somewhat.
actually, i was surprised how widely accepted it was at my school. I havent got any negative comments at all

it depends on the person as to whether they see it as an insult, and to how it is used-whether it is meant to be an insult

when i say im gay, i dont use it in a derogatory sense

HSC
Even if it was definitively proven that homosexuality was unnatural, why would this make it immoral? Coca Cola is unnatural - is it immoral?

And have you ever considered the possibility that the people at your school are idiots?

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
It is immoral from a christian stand point because it is ultimatly lust for someone you are not married to and God's view of marriage is lifelong union between a man and women.

However it is no more sinful if i was to look at someone of the opposite sex lustfully i am not married to.

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
It is immoral from a christian stand point because it is ultimatly lust for someone you are not married to and God's view of marriage is lifelong union between a man and women.

However it is no more sinful if i was to look at someone of the opposite sex lustfully i am not married to.
Aren't we lucky not everyone abides by a christian 'moral' compass.

Love/sex is still love/sex regardless of the combination of gender.

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
Aren't we lucky not everyone abides by a christian 'moral' compass.

Love/sex is still love/sex regardless of the combination of gender.
Don't assume it understands logical views or can adequately address objections.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
True love for one another is only valid if first grounded in a love for God. We know that homosexuality offends God because it is a union against life and therefore for death, so homosexual love (if it be genuine and not just lust) is inferior to the life-giving heterosexual love.

Having said that, I wouldnt totally discount the goodness and value of the love that same-sex couples may share, but if they truely love God, then they know that they must embrace the chaste life with the dignity and self-control that this entails

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
True love for one another is only valid if first grounded in a love for God. We know that homosexuality offends God because it is a union against life and therefore for death, so homosexual love (if it be genuine and not just lust) is inferior to the life-giving heterosexual love.

Having said that, I wouldnt totally discount the goodness and value of the love that same-sex couples may share, but if they truely love God, then they know that they must embrace the chaste life with the dignity and self-control that this entails
I much prefer you when your threatening to kill me :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)