There's still hope (1 Viewer)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
What if half of the top 20% students in NSW die suddenly on Jan 3rd?

You have a chance.
We never said that there will be NO chance. We just said that there will be little chance. BTW, the chance that half of the top 20% in NSW die suddenly on Jan 3rd is very very very very very low

Eddykungfu

HSC
Don't be a shit T...Aerath... whatever your real name is Ionno

OF COURSE you have a chance. YOU ALWAYS have a chance to make things right and succeed in life, and uni(versity) is no exception! So PLEASE PLEASE don't listen to people like Aerath he doesn't know how to cope without gettin ATAR of 98+ :(

Poor guy, Aerath
Would you rather give someone false hope?? Some might say that could be worse than being entirely, brutally true....

atm1991

HSC
Congrats to the OP on making it into uni and achieving his goal.

Just putting it out there though, there has to be at least some correlation between academic performance in the HSC (through a combination of hard work, dedication and natural ability) and ability to cope with study at a uni level. Why are people who received ATAR's in the 40's necessarily thinking uni is the best option? From what I can see uni study will be no easy task and perhaps people shouldn't be scraping to make some course just for the sake of saying they made uni.

I'm not trying to spread some elitist bullshit, really I'm not. But an ATAR in the 40's perhaps indicates that options other than university may be better suited to an individual straight out of school, such as work or tafe, and then uni later in life. Obviously there are extenuating circumstances like health and family reasons and I'm not referring to people who suffer from these.

Just my $0.02.

greenie1113

Bone Saw is ready
HSC
We never said that there will be NO chance. We just said that there will be little chance. BTW, the chance that half of the top 20% in NSW die suddenly on Jan 3rd is very very very very very low

unless. . .

hehehe

n OP congrats!! =D

Schoey93

HSC
It's run by kooky Catholics dude
It would not surprise me if Sydney University actually was run by kooky Catholic, and, reading their "university study guide: science" and health sciences... I think what you said is at least 90% true :(

I hate kooky Catholics. They don't acknowledge one of my favourite pastimes, premarital sex :p (jokes, I'm a virgin:karate:)

And ...well...I used to think I was gay or bi. I don't now. But when I thought I was, I hated the Church (and still do) with a vengeance.

Honestly: someone needs to tell the Pope:

"It's about time you experienced the best feeling ever, got yourself laid; stopped telling people that gays are 'against God's will' and straightened up and flew right. And if all else fails dude; you can just have a good wank like 99.99% of the male population. Trust me, it's almost as good as real sex."

johony

HSC
i've only received one response from ND, only to tell me to bring in a personal statement - but none to confirm an interview or that they've processed my application. i think they're closed over new years, but it leaves me quite anxious towards UAC main and late round offers and whether or not i'll get into anything next year.

keep getting anxious (and also angry) queries from my parents on whether i can get into uni or not next year too.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Johony - have you tried applying for other unis interstate perhaps? Just in case Notre Dame falls through?

johony

HSC
i'm really not at all interested or prepared to pack my bags and go interstate to study at uni. if all else fails, it's probably tafe or private college next year.

hoping the good christian souls at ND won't usher me towards that route, haha.

debts

HSC
N/A
just got an offer for B Arts (Communications) at ND. very relieved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)